SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-10, 09:25 AM   #2386
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexradu89 View Post
I'm sometimes during 1940, beginning of the year, using VIIC, and only type I torpedoes (the standard ones) and ALL of them blow up in the water, ar at least if they hit the ship it's a dud I'm using full realism except for manual TDC... this is getting so annoying, im in the middle of the convoy and im already out of torps...im only using OM and OMEGU mods (no sound mods, no special keys, no nothing) just before the convoy, i fired 8 torps at a merchant and they were all duds, hitting the ship and nothing, i restarted from a save point about 3 times and always the same problem with that merchant

EDIT: fired around 7-8 torps at the convoy they all exploded in the water, I'm disabling the mods and reinstalling maybe that'll work
Fyi

40% chance of premature detonation if waves are 6 to 15 meters, and 90% if over 15 meters
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 09:41 AM   #2387
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

well that explains it! radioing Bdu to come tow me to base! this is what you get for playing the dark and cold atlantic
10x lurker
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 02:59 PM   #2388
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123

Magnetic is actually fairly reliable (compared to the Allies) early on in the war since they work almost flawlessly in calm weather/seas. I tend to use slow settings and fire under 3000 meters. Ideally 1500 or so, but that's not always possible.

Contacts initially have a really high dud rate, even under ideal conditions. You can extend your torpedo effectiveness, and thus supply by compensating with magnetics set just below the keel depth of your target. Contacts seem to work best by minimizing their depth to the bare minimum due to the curvature of many ship hulls.

Torpedos start to become much more reliable after Operation Weserübung (Norway), though contact still has some problematic dud issues until around 1943 iirc.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 04:39 PM   #2389
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWolf Kell View Post
Torpedos start to become much more reliable after Operation Weserübung (Norway), though contact still has some problematic dud issues until around 1943 iirc.
Is this implemented in OM?
Will we have less duds in or after 1943?
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 05:01 PM   #2390
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Umm.. So just to be clear. I installed OM without OMEGU. Now i dont know how OpMon works without OMEGU but im assuming OpMon keeps the old loading screen and intro when loading sh4? I also have no sound mod its all regular american voices etc.. Is this right?? OMEGU changes all the loading screens and environments and voices right?

I have all OpMon mods (OM 705, 720, patch 2 and 3) and only OMEGU v410 plot pkg installed...
Old 04-07-10, 06:38 AM   #2391
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno View Post
Umm.. So just to be clear. I installed OM without OMEGU. Now i dont know how OpMon works without OMEGU but im assuming OpMon keeps the old loading screen and intro when loading sh4? I also have no sound mod its all regular american voices etc.. Is this right?? OMEGU changes all the loading screens and environments and voices right?.

Yes to all your questions
Old 04-07-10, 06:55 AM   #2392
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer View Post
How hard is it to convert a conning tower from SHIII? I ask because I always liked the VIIC/4 very much, and might have a go.

IT is alot more work than you think. By the way I did built a U-Flak Type VII awhile back but was not a 100% satisfied with the results.

Quote:
Is it correct to say that the VIIB/2, IX/2 and VIIC/4 are not available in OM?
The VIIB/2 is not present because it was "very rarely" used

The IX/2 is the Turmumbau II on the IXB
Old 04-07-10, 11:29 AM   #2393
sckallst
Bosun

Downloads: 115

Just wanted to pass along a giant thanks to Lurker, and the rest of the folks who have contributed parts to the OM/OMEGU, incredible addition to SH4. I'd messed around just a tiny bit with earlier versions of OM, but my heart was always really with the USN in the Pacific. I knew that OM/OMEGU had been growing by leaps and bounds, but now that I've been fully immersed in playing an ATO for a few patrols of a campaign, I'm stunned by the entire virtual world you've created. To say that what you've accomplished doubles the play value of SH4 is, quite simply, a vast understatement, without even considering your other grand achievement in RSRD.

In my 'productive' hobby time (as opposed to my play time), I build modules for playing board wargames via the various online means available. Though I also often enjoy that work for itself, it is still work, with all attendant frustrations that somtimes pop up. The satisfaction of successfully completing a project is nice, but the best part to me is getting just a few 'thank you's", even anonomously, from folks who are deriving satisfaction from the work. As is charateristic of the Subsim community, those "thank you's" and appreciation for your work have been plentiful on these pages. Adding mine to the list is the very least that I can do.

Anybody reading this that hasn't yet taken the plunge into the ATO with SH4, and who has the slightest itch to do so, DO SO! Not only won't you be disappointed, you'll probably be hooked.
sckallst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 07:44 PM   #2394
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Downloads: 23
JSGME says OMEGU's installed but i stiil get the old U-boat missions loading screens and and American voices.
Im getting a (not responding ) message in the title bar of JSGME while enableing but, after a while it shows up in the enabled list. Not really sure if its installed or not.

Oh and I only have OM and OMEGU installed.

vonTorpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 08:14 PM   #2395
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default german audio crew

search for Spax Sh4 Uboat speech fix v8

that should have all your crew speaking german

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 09:33 PM   #2396
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Perplexed

Is there any immediate way to know that OMEGU has installed correctly?

Old 04-07-10, 09:58 PM   #2397
nicae9
Watch

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonTorpitz View Post
Is there any immediate way to know that OMEGU has installed correctly?
yes, the video at start will be different and the whole loading page as well compare with the stock game
nicae9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 10:15 PM   #2398
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonTorpitz View Post
Not really sure if its installed or not..
It is not install correctly

Read this "CAREFULLY"

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...38&postcount=1
Old 04-07-10, 10:40 PM   #2399
nicae9
Watch

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
It is not install correctly

Read this "CAREFULLY"

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...38&postcount=1
Thank you very much, I had been looking for this for the past few days

And great jobs on your mods

Cheers,

G
nicae9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 10:43 PM   #2400
vonTorpitz
Seaman

Ah hah! I have it now. Thanks. My problem was that I copied the main OMEGU v 3.00 folder into my MODS folder. I didnt realized that you have to open it up first and grab the actual OMEGU v3.00 folder (its in there with a bunch of other mods, ah hah!) and copy that into your MODS folder, then enable. Duh!
Hope this helps anyone else who might have done this.

Holy smokes man, what a mod! Thanks for this one. I'm about to have a freakin blast!