SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-10, 08:55 AM   #61
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Hi,

yes, I know about that little problem, but I can live with it and I don't know how to fix it.

h.sie
Old 08-12-10, 09:56 PM   #62
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140

@h.sie
Thanks for a great mod! I'm the newest fan.

I found the large compass at some point and used it to change course, though can't seem to find it again, did I drag out of the borders I don't know. Where can I find the 'big compass'?

Also I have a small problem, maybe you can assist me to fix this:

I am using 1440x1080 screen size, when I click in the viewing area of the attack periscope all is fine, it is in 'active' mode and I can turn left-right & up-down using the mouse. However when I left click to 'release' the attack periscope, the mouse pointer's coordinates are such that it is released just over the recognition manual and because of the flaw of the stock SH3 UI, it automatically 'activates' the manual.

The thing is even if the mouse pointer 'jumps' on the manual, normally it should not be 'activated' until the second mouse left-click because I do NOT click twice, I only click once to process the 'release the ATK periscope' action.

Anyway with the game at hand, how can I fix this? I am thinking about moving the manual on the screen, is this a trivial modification or do I have to somehow edit multiple (linked) files?

I had a very quick look at menu_1024_768.ini and looks like this is the file I will be using. I'll work on it later as it's 4:00 AM here

Any tips will be appreciated, thank you.

Regards
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 01:19 AM   #63
h.sie
Admiral

Hello themrwho,

Glad you like the mod (which is not only my work, it is much more the work of onelifecrisis, Mikhayl and kamarozewnev).

Sorry for disappointing you, because I stopped working on this mod.

I removed the big compass and you'll have to add it again to the [G3F] group. Look into the menu.ini of stock SH3/GWX and copy the appropriate items for the compass into the menu.ini of ACM-Reloaded. Then you can use my menu.ini renumber tool to renumber the items. Items must be numberd continuously [G3F I1], [G3F I2] and so on.

Regarding Periscope/Screen resolution: I did not touch the rec-manual and I don't have such screen resolution and so I cannot reproduce your problem. I never had that problem. Sorry for not being able to help.

h.sie
Old 08-13-10, 07:58 AM   #64
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140

But I saw the big compass somehow. Maybe mixed installations...

I will check if I can move the recognition manual and I will try to add the compass back and if I'll be successful post here in case someone else needs.

Thanks to you and all previous modders/contributers.
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 09:44 AM   #65
h.sie
Admiral

maybe you saw it in ManosGUI or in kamarozenews original work, or in an customized sub-version of "my" version.
Old 09-05-10, 09:43 PM   #66
Jonesy71
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Default Fm new interiors v1.0 with ACM-GUI Reloaded - h.sie's edition?

h.sie, Just discovered this stand alone mod! Thank you for updating an already great mod and taking to the next level! (of course, thanks to all who created and evolved this mod)

Is it possible to use FM NEW INTERIORS V1.0 BY FLAKMONKEY with the stand alone ACM-GUI Reloaded - h.sie's edition mod?

(perhaps if anyone knows)

Thanks
Jonesy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 01:22 AM   #67
h.sie
Admiral

hello. thanks for your kind words. in principle it is surely possible, but you have to do it yourself. i stopped working on this GUI mod, since my focus is on gameplay mods now.
Old 09-06-10, 06:47 PM   #68
Jonesy71
Swabbie

Am definately sad to hear that h.sie...I found this mod has a perfect balance of optional add ons (LRT/SRM, Depth Charge, the tweaks you added, plus the fact it had been edited to use sabotage and malfunctions and still allowed the user to control the deck gun, etc, etc.).

Thanks for responding to my post. Hopefully someone more talented than I will be able to modify it to work then.

Cheers

Last edited by Jonesy71; 09-06-10 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-07-10, 01:08 AM   #69
h.sie
Admiral

Jonesy,

there is a good tutorial contained in the interiors mod how to merge GUI and Interiors mod.

try it yourself and start modding. these were my first steps, too, 2 years ago. you can profit from that. I am sorry that my focus changed to gameplay mods.

h.sie

Last edited by h.sie; 09-07-10 at 01:51 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 04:31 PM   #70
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
Jonesy,

there is a good tutorial contained in the interiors mod how to merge GUI and Interiors mod.

try it yourself and start modding. these were my first steps, too, 2 years ago. you can profit from that. I am sorry that my focus changed to gameplay mods.

h.sie
yes i agree with H.Sie here Jonesy !
try it yourself...sure you can do it at the end !
i posted a 'guide' some time ago for doing this ,have a look here : how to make your gui compatible with Flakmonkey & DD's mod

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 10:47 AM   #71
Jonesy71
Swabbie

Thanks for the advice h.sie, I will surely investigate this.

makman94, thank you for the link, I will start there when I have a chance. Once I study your targeting manuals a little more, I am looking forward to using your mod, your attention to detail is amazing....what an amazing GUI for this game!
Old 09-09-10, 11:05 AM   #72
h.sie
Admiral

Thanks for your words, mate, but keep in mind that people like Onelifecrisis and Mikhayl (who maybe already left SH3) have done the most important work on this GUI. I only made some little design changes to fit my personal taste.
Old 09-09-10, 08:05 PM   #73
Jonesy71
Swabbie

Indeed; my hats off to them...have had many late nights with SH3 because of them......