SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-08, 04:23 PM   #46
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 6

capt_frank, I was already thinking along these very lines, but it will take a few days to do this as I would also delete the redundant files. Furthermore, this would be a "Work In Progress" as I am not under the illusion that we have fully corrected all speech faults. Plus, I will have to ask the GWX creators for permission to publish a modified version of their speechpack.

Fish40, the GWX 1.3 version should also work- I'm not sure if there are any differences in the two speechpacks, but if there are they are probably minor.

Philip Heinrich, installing the official SH4 German voicepack in SH4 v1.3 will merely overwrite the original US speech, so you end up with US submariners speaking German as well......... not quite the intention I presume. The ONLY way to use both US and German speechpacks as required is by using a German speechpack with JSGME, until the SH4 developers add multiple speech options as available in IL2 Sturmovik for example; for now it's activate the German speechpack with JSGME before starting the sim when you want to play with U-Boote, and de-activate when you want to play with US subs.

My SH3/SH4 mods: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/GerritJ9
GerritJ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 08:14 AM   #47
Philip Heinrich
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

GerritJ9 ...thanks for the explanation.:p ..i will do that later...because right now i m doing a campain in a u-boat and what i did was instaling with german language then ,before instaling the patches 1.1 ,1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4 ,i instaled the german voiçe pack from ubisoft ...then i copy the speech to a diferent folder...uninstall the game....and install again this time with english language....after all patches instaled including the pack u-boat missions i overwrite the speech folder into the game folder...and it works very good....the incovinient is if i play the game on the americans side...but for now i will keep this....

( sorry for my english.... )

now i would like to put the sounds of the submarine (like the sound of torpedoe in the water and crash dive alarm etc) just like in the sh3 with gwx 2.0....but i dont know if its possible ...need help

and thanks for the feed back
Philip Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 08:43 AM   #48
Rolf Eschke
Lieutenant

Downloads: 60

Hello !
You need to Fix the INT Soundfiles !

http://files.filefront.com/INT+Fix+s.../fileinfo.html

Regards Rolf
Rolf Eschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 02:55 PM   #49
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Eschke
Hello !
And don`t forget the INT Soundfiles.
Here is my first try
http://files.filefront.com/INT+Fix+f.../fileinfo.html
Regards
Rolf

This link just takes me to the FF page, but no d/l
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 03:44 AM   #50
mikehcl
Mate

Downloads: 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Eschke
Hello !
You need to Fix the INT Soundfiles !

http://files.filefront.com/INT+Fix+s.../fileinfo.html

Regards Rolf
Hello, also installing Fix the INT Soundfiles, the sound Submarine_GQ_secure_battle_stations_INT and Submarine_GQ_battle_stations_INT do not work

Last edited by mikehcl; 03-05-08 at 07:23 AM.
mikehcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 09:01 AM   #51
JayW.
Gunner

Downloads: 52

I love your efforts on the german voices and sound effects. If I may, I would like to suggest something for the Relieve the Watch sound and the Battle Stations sounds. In the film, Das Boot, they annouced watch change like this, "Stand by for watch rotation", without the piping in. As for going to Battle Stations, Das Boot also showed this. They all did is annouced "Go to battle stations" over the ship's intercom and all you hear was men running on the metal decks. No Alarns or sirens. I hope it helps you.
JayW. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 11:30 AM   #52
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48
Default Schultzy's Battlestatons Soundmod v1.0

I've made a little sound mod to replace the american general quarters on/off and watch change files in order to compliment the existing sound mods in this thread. It's JSGME ready, so just drop it into your mod folder and activate.

So here it is. It's my first go at modding, i hope you enjoy it.

Download link: removed, now bundled up into ATR's one stop compilation mod
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.

Last edited by Schultzy; 03-08-08 at 05:55 PM.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 03:07 PM   #53
ATR-42
Commodore

Downloads: 20
Guys here's what i've come up with. its a full sized download, none of its mine. It's Completly based on Spaxs work, with all the mods in this thread, plus Maat's. i just cleaned it up.

- changed the volume of engines sound
engine sounds used were from another mod

- cleaned up some of the ogg files, meaning, crash dive INI file is just the bell with the AALLLLAARRRM! scream set in the speech file but i used a trimmed (shortened) version used from yet another mod, so the sound is no longer cut off mid dive.

- changed the emergency blow speech file to remove the nasty high pitched hissing sound, so it plays the speech with the deeper toned air sound

- put in a periscope sound from another mod

- removed the "whistle" from the watch rotation.
- adjusted battle stations, secure from battle stations to not include gongs, just intercom chatter also from another mod.

heres the deal, i dont want to just go putting this up for download as these sounds have been such a cluster to get sorted it. what i have compiled works 100% but its a combination of all the mods in this thread by the authors, which was based off of other stuff from GWX, as well as including Maats stuff from his mod that had some technical issues.

to be honest, with work right now ive been on the road for 7 days, and have two more days looming, i dont have the time to go back and compose an exorbitant credits and history file.

If i put it up it has to be at the blessings of Maat, as well as all the guys here...

im sure most of you already found work arounds for this but it maybe helpful for those that have not.

thoughts?

Last edited by ATR-42; 03-07-08 at 03:24 PM.
ATR-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 03:12 PM   #54
Maat
Watch

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR-42
Guys here's what i got.. its a full sized download similar to the ones being posted and none of its mine, i just cleaned it up.

- cleaned up some of the ogg files, meaning, crash dive INI file is just the bell with the AALLLLAARRRM! scream set in the speech file but i used a trimmed (shortened) version used from yet another mod, so the sound is no longer cut off mid dive.

- changed the emergency blow speech file to remove the nasty high pitched hissing sound, so it plays the speech with the deeper toned air sound

- adjusted battle stations, secure from battle stations to not include gongs, just intercom chatter also from another mod.

heres the deal, i dont want to just go putting this up for download as these sounds have been such a cluster to get sorted it. what i have compiled works 100% but its a combination of all the mods in this thread by the authors, which was based off of other stuff from GWX, as well as including Maats stuff from his mod that has some technical issues.

to be honest, with work right now ive been on the road for 7 days, and have two more days looming, i dont have the time to go back and compose an exorbitant credits and history file.

If i put it up it has to be at the blessings of Maat, as well as all the guys here...

im sure most of you already found work arounds for this but it maybe helpful for those that have not.

thoughts?

YAY that's cool!!! Thank you very much!!

Makes me blushing

Maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 05:37 PM   #55
ATR-42
Commodore

Well, enable this when you want to use Uboats. I tried to list all the contributors in the shoddy excuse for a readme file. If there are any objections i will remove the link and the file. otherwise for right now i just see it as the community working together to resolve an issue. i take no claim to this, other than the fact i put all this stuff into one, and made some very minor adjustments.

if i forgot a name in the readme (very likely) let me know i'll make an adjustment to the one line readme file.

Just enable this as the a lone sound entry in mod enabler when you're using the Uboats, if you switch to fleet boats remove it out.

Hats off to the authors of this:

Spax
Maat
Schultzy
Rolf Eschke
Prologos
GerritJ9

see post 95 updated

Last edited by ATR-42; 06-05-08 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-07-08, 05:39 PM   #56
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Guys here's what i've come up with. its a full sized download, none of its mine. It's Completly based on Spaxs work, with all the mods in this thread, plus Maat's. i just cleaned it up.

heres the deal, i dont want to just go putting this up for download as these sounds have been such a cluster to get sorted it. what i have compiled works 100% but its a combination of all the mods in this thread by the authors, which was based off of other stuff from GWX, as well as including Maats stuff from his mod that had some technical issues.

thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea ATR So in other words, this will be a single download of all the combined files? Also, these sounds are only for the German campaign, correct?
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 07:27 PM   #57
Lead Slinger

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
Quote:

thoughts?

Sounds like a great idea ATR So in other words, this will be a single download of all the combined files? Also, these sounds are only for the German campaign, correct?
This is a bad day when a chicagoan has to translate eastern joosey to ah new yakker: :rotfl: Yes to all! Sorry, couldn't resist that....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=132345&page=2

1480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 08:56 PM   #58
ATR-42
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1480
Quote:
This is a bad day when a chicagoan has to translate eastern joosey to ah new yakker: Yes to all! Sorry, couldn't resist that....
LOL! yes exactly!!! im going back to my kauww'fee

Old 03-08-08, 07:35 AM   #59
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60

excellent!
I just bought the uboat mission yesterday and quite "couldn't" play it since US voices bugged me off so much lol

This is a must have!

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 12:34 PM   #60
Maat
Watch

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Well, enable this when you want to use Uboats. I tried to list all the contributors in the shoddy excuse for a readme file. If there are any objections i will remove the link and the file. otherwise for right now i just see it as the community working together to resolve an issue. i take no claim to this, other than the fact i put all this stuff into one, and made some very minor adjustments.

if i forgot a name in the readme (very likely) let me know i'll make an adjustment to the one line readme file.

Just enable this as the a lone sound entry in mod enabler when you're using the Uboats, if you switch to fleet boats remove it out.

Hats off to the authors of this:

Spax
Maat
Schultzy
Rolf Eschke
Prologos
GerritJ9

its 176 meg! (so get comfy)
Thanks a lot ATR-42 it works fine - you saved my day. :rotfl:

The speech folder in my mod is useless there are a lot of missing sounds...that's the reason for CTD!!!

... don't ask me where i get this Speech folder from

Cheers

Maat

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 06-06-08 at 05:07 AM.
Maat is offline   Reply With Quote