Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-17-21, 05:50 AM   #1381
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves.
Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

It went from being a 4 to 5 hour meeting to just 2 hours.

Ambassadors of both sides, who have been recalled from Washington and Moscow will return to there posts.

There will br more talks about cyber security.

There MAY be more about exchange of prisoners.

There will be new talks about strategic nukes.

Thankfully there was no talk about 9 year old little girls or heads of state being called killers because ol' pedo Joe wasnt allowed to speak in public.

Hows that?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 07:37 AM   #1382
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Would it be incorrect to say-Here USA should have a Reagan as their President and not Biden or Trump.

Markus
I'll take a Reagan, but a Trump will do just fine. Anything is better than the waterhead with his wranglers in office now.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:27 PM   #1383
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Reagan was a bleeding godsend for America, you haven't had a politician since that could lick his boots.
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna5145921
Old 06-17-21, 05:32 PM   #1384
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ That is what I meant - Reagan knew the Russian in and out.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 05:51 PM   #1385
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves.
Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Said a malingering freak named "Oddball".

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 06:07 PM   #1386
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The two most overestimated presidents in modern US history: Kennedy, and Reagan.

Becoming president, was Reagan's role of his life. He was not really a good film actor, for that he was too static in expression, and different to Schwarzenegger he lacked self-humour and irnoy in his movies - but he surely knew what strings to pull and what buttons to press to make the American public and its typical American mentality playing, dancing and marching to his tune. That was his strength, and that is why he still echoes in Americans' memory until today.

In a way he compares to Merkel with that. Merkel's weaknesses lie in other fields, but she is, like Reagan, popular because she acts as if giving Germans what many of them crave for, like Americans craved for what Reagan pretended to give them: the impression of a good life in a good hiome that is safe and stable and kind of an idylle. Nevertheless, imo both of them were not authentic, just played a role that helped them secure loyalty by the public, and public satisfaction: the latter translating into absence of desire to revolt.

We desperately lack politicians with practical experience of war and hardship, namely WWII. Guys like Eisenhower or Schmidt. They had little time spent on talking bull, their experiences of how bad stuff can become taught them some serious lessons on life that saved them from getting lost in imagination and dream dancing, turning things for the worse and the stupid, because with the hardship they had endured and saw the world suffering from they had learned responsibility, sense of duty, sense of realism, that so many, many, many politicians today seem to be completely free of. And they are carried by a crowd that even believes them their follies and mad fantasies, which again has its reasons.

Stupid societies tolerate stupid politicians and bring them up. Stupid politicians help to stupidify and infantilize societies. Its a mutual feeding back, the one tells something about the state of the other. And so the one becomes worse due to the other, and vice versa.

I dont expect to see a change in trend in my lifetime anymore. We flew higher than any civilization before us, all glory and greatness was ours, and we had a lasdsting poeace and amount sof freedoms and wealth unimaginable before - but we are now in a dive of increasing steepness that will end in just one way.

And self-convinced ideologists and mentally ill psychopaths are not the kind of leaders that will save us. They will drive us deeper and deeper into the mess, being completely full of themselves over it.
Old 06-18-21, 07:07 AM   #1387
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The two most overestimated presidents in modern US history: Kennedy, and Reagan.

Becoming president, was Reagan's role of his life. He was not really a good film actor, for that he was too static in expression, and different to Schwarzenegger he lacked self-humour and irnoy in his movies - but he surely knew what strings to pull and what buttons to press to make the American public and its typical American mentality playing, dancing and marching to his tune. That was his strength, and that is why he still echoes in Americans' memory until today.

In a way he compares to Merkel with that. Merkel's weaknesses lie in other fields, but she is, like Reagan, popular because she acts as if giving Germans what many of them crave for, like Americans craved for what Reagan pretended to give them: the impression of a good life in a good hiome that is safe and stable and kind of an idylle. Nevertheless, imo both of them were not authentic, just played a role that helped them secure loyalty by the public, and public satisfaction: the latter translating into absence of desire to revolt.

We desperately lack politicians with practical experience of war and hardship, namely WWII. Guys like Eisenhower or Schmidt. They had little time spent on talking bull, their experiences of how bad stuff can become taught them some serious lessons on life that saved them from getting lost in imagination and dream dancing, turning things for the worse and the stupid, because with the hardship they had endured and saw the world suffering from they had learned responsibility, sense of duty, sense of realism, that so many, many, many politicians today seem to be completely free of. And they are carried by a crowd that even believes them their follies and mad fantasies, which again has its reasons.

Stupid societies tolerate stupid politicians and bring them up. Stupid politicians help to stupidify and infantilize societies. Its a mutual feeding back, the one tells something about the state of the other. And so the one becomes worse due to the other, and vice versa.

I dont expect to see a change in trend in my lifetime anymore. We flew higher than any civilization before us, all glory and greatness was ours, and we had a lasdsting poeace and amount sof freedoms and wealth unimaginable before - but we are now in a dive of increasing steepness that will end in just one way.

And self-convinced ideologists and mentally ill psychopaths are not the kind of leaders that will save us. They will drive us deeper and deeper into the mess, being completely full of themselves over it.
with Kennedy i would agree from everything i have read including him passing naval intell to a german spy which was what got him sent too the pacific but then i wasn't even a itch in daddy pants when kennedy got his head pop off but Reagan he was top notch he beat carter hands down when he came in the military was in bad shape he turn that around didnt have the long gas lines and he play hard ball with ussr and in real life he was funny and always telling jokes and if you wrote him a letter he would write back but then when he came into office i was i think 5 years old i watch some of his speaches in the 60's on youtube
Old 06-18-21, 08:08 AM   #1388
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 06-18-21, 09:37 AM   #1389
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

That currant is gonna be your next President by the back door and she's going to be one of the worst Presidents you've ever had, what the hell were you yanks thinking when you voted that Biden imbecile into power.
Old 06-18-21, 09:42 AM   #1390
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

In yesterdays news program there was an issue where the Danish Prime minister and the Leader of EU held a press meeting. They said they were glad a new leader had taken to steering wheel in USA.

Could not help thinking-Wonder if these two women in fact meant

Once again we can pull America around in the arena-And they will not know it.

Markus

Old 06-18-21, 10:13 AM   #1391
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
That currant is gonna be your next President by the back door and she's going to be one of the worst Presidents you've ever had, what the hell were you yanks thinking when you voted that Biden imbecile into power.

Democrats and the left are just like the Qanon crowd they dont think.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-18-21 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-18-21, 10:47 AM   #1392
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

- Not my problem-They(the American voters) picked Biden as their President-therefore their problems..I sleep well at night(when it comes to other countries politics that is)

What are the indication that the VP would be a bad President if Biden should resign ?

As an outside I do not follow your politics in detail, that's why I asked.

Old 06-18-21, 11:09 AM   #1393
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

NSFW - Language. More on the hypocrisy of democrats and the left 'schifflibs' hehe

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-18-21 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-18-21, 11:30 AM   #1394
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
- Not my problem-They(the American voters) picked Biden as their President-therefore their problems..I sleep well at night(when it comes to other countries politics that is)

What are the indication that the VP would be a bad President if Biden should resign ?

As an outside I do not follow your politics in detail, that's why I asked.
I'll just say this. I don't for one second believe that Biden got more votes than Trump or Obama. More votes may have been *recorded* for him, but I don't believe each vote that was recorded was actually cast by a separate person.

You don't have lackluster turnout at political rallies all year long and then suddenly have an overwhelming number of votes. Vegas wouldn't take those odds...
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 11:40 AM   #1395
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

You do when the majority of the people wanted Trump gone more than they wanted Biden.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote