Old 10-30-16, 07:47 AM   #3466
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I
Edit Special benefits as President of USA, but how about now and until the election day and if she is elected-the day from November 8/9 to the day she swear the oath/move into the white house ?

Markus

Any criminal trial would stop at 1200 20 Jan 17 and be suspended until after the presidents final term. If the president is removed from office via the impeachment process, then the criminal trial could resume.

The limits of impeachment is the removal from office and the inability to hold future offices. There is no provision for fines or imprisonment. Just the removal from office. This allows the judicial system to try the "not-president any more" citizen.

The rational for this tradition is that the president is elected by the citizens of the entire country and therefore no single state or federal district court should have jurisdiction over the president That is why in this context, the congress, as a whole, serves as a court representing all the citizens.

Even the SCotUS does not have the power to impeach a president.
Old 10-30-16, 07:49 AM   #3467
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Imagine if Covey did not disclose this latest bit of news? The RNC would be all up in arms about the FBI concealing information.

It was a lose lose situation for Covey. But if you can't stand the heat.....
Old 10-30-16, 11:52 AM   #3468
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Imagine if Covey did not disclose this latest bit of news? The RNC would be all up in arms about the FBI concealing information.

It was a lose lose situation for Covey. But if you can't stand the heat.....

The double-bind of being a top government official in a super-heated partisan environment. James Comey stays quiet and continues to investigate. Two months from now the news leaks about Weiner emails and possible links to Hillary. Comey then gets blamed for not being transparent and suppressing an investigation which could have changed the 2016 election results. The Department of Justice would fry him and the Trump backers and GOP would call for his head by suppressing this scandal to help get Clinton elected (again).

Comey is burned if he does and screwed if he doesn't. So he figured best to be transparent now and be blamed, rather than be opaque and blamed later.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 10-30-16, 02:27 PM   #3469
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

I laugh at the way Trump thinks he's a great military genius,lol Talks like he and only he knows how to retake Mosul. I doubt he could even find it on a map. He keeps invoking Patton's name all the time, if Patton was alive I'm sure he'd say "I wouldn't serve under that Tweeting Son of a *%^#@"

Al Capone
Old 10-30-16, 04:51 PM   #3470
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
I laugh at the way Trump thinks he's a great military genius,lol Talks like he and only he knows how to retake Mosul. I doubt he could even find it on a map. He keeps invoking Patton's name all the time, if Patton was alive I'm sure he'd say "I wouldn't serve under that Tweeting Son of a *%^#@"

Thats funny eddie

I agree
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-30-16, 09:22 PM   #3471
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Ok, what's going on here? Lynch 'Pleads Fifth' on Secret Iran 'Ransom' Payments

Is this for real? I did a news sweep and it is only showing up on right wing news outlets, so is this really happening and CNN is not covering it? Or is it some right wing hype?

Edit: it is reported by the Daily Mail, I guess someone will tell me they are the UK equivalent of Fox News? But, did she invoke her constitutional right to avoid incriminating herself? The US Attorney General? Wth??
Old 10-30-16, 09:42 PM   #3472
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-30-16, 09:49 PM   #3473
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Edit: it is reported by the Daily Mail, I guess someone will tell me they are the UK equivalent of Fox News?
Naaah, Fox News are amateurs compared to the Daily Fail.
Old 10-30-16, 10:31 PM   #3474
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:

Is this for real? I did a news sweep and it is only showing up on right wing news outlets, so is this really happening and CNN is not covering it? Or is it some right wing hype?

Edit: it is reported by the Daily Mail, I guess someone will tell me they are the UK equivalent of Fox News? But, did she invoke her constitutional right to avoid incriminating herself? The US Attorney General? Wth??
Lynch has not plead the 5th, but didn't answer questions from congress about it stating she is barred from disclosing to the public, so I assume they would have to implement some closed hearings on the matter....

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 10-30-16, 11:15 PM   #3475
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Lynch has not plead the 5th, but didn't answer questions from congress about it stating she is barred from disclosing to the public, so I assume they would have to implement some closed hearings on the matter....
Ok, so she did not state that she would invoke her Fifth Amendment rights? Then it's hype, I guess, and that would explain why it is not being covered by the msm.
Old 10-30-16, 11:34 PM   #3476
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Thats funny eddie

I agree
Quote:
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Sun Tzu
This is basic Sun Tzu... something Obama and his flunky political appointee generals obviously know nothing about when broadcasting to ISIS where and when they are going to strike. (example Mosul). At least Trump has military advisors on his side that really do understand the Art of War and how you apply it even to organizations like ISIS. With his advisors we might ACTUALLY be able to stomp ISIS into the first century where they belong.

i.e. In laymen's terms Keeping quiet about where and when you plan to strike your enemy is supposed to be a basic military tenet.

I'm actually surprised to read such ridiculing posts on a wargame site even if it is a political comment thread.
Old 10-31-16, 06:44 AM   #3477
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Old 10-31-16, 10:04 AM   #3478
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:

Whatever the case, Lynch should recuse herself from her position. Everything she touches really gets a bad odor.
Old 10-31-16, 10:27 AM   #3479
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
exactly, she did not plead the Fifth, merely refused to answer written questions, which she could legally do for any number of reasons.

GOP politicians running for re-election are making the claim she "plead the Fifth"...

i.e. politics as usual..about on par with Reid claiming Comey broke the law...
Old 10-31-16, 10:40 AM   #3480
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
This is basic Sun Tzu... something Obama and his flunky political appointee generals obviously know nothing about when broadcasting to ISIS where and when they are going to strike. (example Mosul). At least Trump has military advisors on his side that really do understand the Art of War and how you apply it even to organizations like ISIS. With his advisors we might ACTUALLY be able to stomp ISIS into the first century where they belong.

i.e. In laymen's terms Keeping quiet about where and when you plan to strike your enemy is supposed to be a basic military tenet.

I'm actually surprised to read such ridiculing posts on a wargame site even if it is a political comment thread.
Sorry I offended you Gray, but I also think along with many other non-democrats (I am republican) that Trump doesn't have what it takes to be the next commander in chief. Just his wanting to bring back the torture of water-boarding is one example.

As for Mosul you can't hide anything going on in the desert, isis has spies, Iraq has spies, the logistical effort alone must have taken months.

I'm sorry Gray, but we have better war college people right here on subsim than Donald Trump has for advisors.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

now about:https://www.google.com/search?q=Lync...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I had to look it up, because from what she has been saying lately about FBI director Comey ... I thought her maiden name was Mob, but it's not

Quote:
Loretta Elizabeth Lynch is the 83rd and current Attorney General of the United States, having previously served as United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. Wikipedia
Born: May 21, 1959 (age 57), Greensboro, NC
Spouse: Stephen Hargrove (m. 2007)
Party: Democratic Party
Office: United States Attorney General since 2015
Previous offices: United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York (2010–2015), More
Education: Harvard College, Harvard Law School, Harvard University
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump