SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-26-21, 01:29 PM   #9301
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

This thread is basically a colossal Dyatlov meme at this point.

Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 01:59 PM   #9302
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Over FIFTY SIX THOUSAND sars cov-2 variations been detected and tracked. Unlike measles, polio, chicken pox and others. Flu/COVID viruses drift/shift much more rapidly and need to be reviewed annually.

And yes the Spanish flu did not go away and at the time of its debut there were no vaccines either. Simply put nature took its course and it became less virulent virus. Furthmore the Spanish flu and COVID are not the only pandemics to hit planet earth that killed millions either.

So buck up it’s a dangerous world out there, enjoy it while you can.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-26-21 at 02:53 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 07:43 PM   #9303
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Maybe not the right thought.

Authorities having problem getting the last 20-40 % of the population vaccinated...and Voilá a strong mutated Corona variant appear.

Now people rush to get the vaccine, which may not have an effect on this new mutated variant.

Markus
And the ill - all stage actors.
Old 11-26-21, 07:57 PM   #9304
Skybird
Soaring

When Austria saw a strong pandemic of poxs in 1800, some british doctor has had the idea to vaccinate children in Vienna with low doses of cow pox.

As es result, in that year 5 children died in vienna from pox. Pox from that cow pox vaccine that is.

In the year before that, when tbe vaccination still was not started, in Vienna died over 500 kids.

Factor 100.

A first mandatory vaccination in Germany took place in 1874. The whole population got jabbed and it was a great success, the pandemic was done and over. But anti-vaccers spit poison and fire against the campaign, calling it the biggest crime ever done and bla and bla and blablabla.

Best are those who argue they do not want any artificiyal poisons in their bodies - but smoke, drink, and eat plenty of unhealthy industrially highly processed“ food“. If the lacking jab does not bring them down, their eating habits will.
Old 11-27-21, 04:09 AM   #9305
Skybird
Soaring

German virologists say in hongkong it was found that patients with the new omicron variant had extraordinarily high virus loads that extraordinarily quickly multiply. They assume that this variant indeed could possibly escape the vaccine protective shields.
Old 11-27-21, 07:01 AM   #9306
Skybird
Soaring

Dozens test positive on board a Dutch flight arriving from SA.

Omicron already is out of control. That went down the hill pretty fast.
Old 11-27-21, 07:51 AM   #9307
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Countries around the world are racing to introduce travel bans and restrictions on southern African countries in an effort to contain a new variant of Covid-19, called Omicron.

The moves come after the variant was officially named by health officials.

Early evidence suggests Omicron has an increased re-infection risk, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.

Meanwhile, hundreds of passengers arriving in Amsterdam from South Africa were tested for the new variant.

Some 61 people on two KLM flights tested positive for Covid-19 and have been quarantined at a hotel near the airport while they have further tests, Dutch officials said.

The Netherlands is currently struggling with a record-breaking surge in cases. An extended partial lockdown comes into force there on Sunday evening.

The new Omicron variant was first reported to the World Health Organization from South Africa on 24 November.

It has also been identified in Botswana, Belgium, Hong Kong and Israel.

More suspected cases were reported in Germany and the Czech Republic on Saturday.

An official in the German state of Hesse tweeted (in German) that the variant had most probably arrived in the country after "Omicron-typical mutations" were found in someone returning from South Africa.

Travellers from South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho and Eswatini will not be able to enter the UK unless they are UK or Irish nationals, or UK residents.

US officials said flights from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi would be blocked, mirroring earlier moves taken by the EU. They will come into effect on Monday.

Australia announced on Saturday that flights from South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, the Seychelles, Malawi, and Mozambique would be suspended for 14 days. Non-Australians who have been in those countries in the past two weeks are now banned from entering Australia
Japan has announced that from Saturday, travellers from much of southern Africa will need to quarantine for 10 days and take a total of four tests during that time
India has ordered more rigorous screening and testing for travellers arriving from South Africa, Botswana and Hong Kong
Iran will ban travellers from six southern African countries, including South Africa. Iranians arriving from the region will be admitted after testing negative twice, state TV says
Brazil also said it was restricting travel to the region from six countries in Africa
Canada is barring all foreign nationals who have travelled through South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini or Mozambique in the last 14 days
Thailand is also banning entry by travellers from eight southern African countries.

The WHO said the number of cases of this variant, initially named B.1.1.529, appeared to be increasing in almost all of South Africa's provinces.

"This variant has a large number of mutations, some of which are concerning," the UN public health body said in a statement.

It said "the first known confirmed B.1.1.529 infection was from a specimen collected on 9 November".

The WHO said it would take a few weeks to understand the impact of the new variant, as scientists worked to determine how transmissible it was.

A top UK health official warned that vaccines would "almost certainly" be less effective against the new variant.

But Professor James Naismith, a structural biologist from the University of Oxford, added: "It is bad news but it's not doomsday."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59442129

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 07:54 AM   #9308
Skybird
Soaring

First cases in Germany logged. Its here. Soon it will be everywhere, much, much faster than was the case with delta.

Faster than fast.
Old 11-27-21, 07:55 AM   #9309
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-27-21, 08:33 AM   #9310
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
First cases in Germany logged. Its here. Soon it will be everywhere, much, much faster than was the case with delta.

Faster than fast.
How long will it take before they have updated the vaccine so it also protect against this new variant ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 09:30 AM   #9311
Skybird
Soaring

Months ago they claimed they could adapt their vaccine (BioNTech) withion weeks, and then the time for the rollout. But in reality nobody has even cared to alter it to better target Delta. We still vaccinate with jabs designed to fight the first Wuhan strain. Room for criticism there, I think. I assume they made cost-effect calculations and concluded "No". With Omicron they maybe cannot afford that any longer. But that is just my speculation at this point.
Old 11-27-21, 09:30 AM   #9312
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Two people in the UK have been found to be infected with the new Covid variant, Omicron, the health secretary has said.

Sajid Javid said the UK Health Security Agency had detected cases in Chelmsford, Essex, and in Nottingham.

He said the cases were linked and the two people were self-isolating alongside their households while more tests and contact tracing take place.

Old 11-27-21, 11:20 AM   #9313
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-27-21, 11:22 AM   #9314
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-27-21, 12:46 PM   #9315
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Months ago they claimed they could adapt their vaccine (BioNTech) withion weeks, and then the time for the rollout. But in reality nobody has even cared to alter it to better target Delta. We still vaccinate with jabs designed to fight the first Wuhan strain. Room for criticism there, I think. I assume they made cost-effect calculations and concluded "No". With Omicron they maybe cannot afford that any longer. But that is just my speculation at this point.

I remember what our scientist said when this Delta came.

The vaccine protect against the Delta variant.
Later it was said the vaccine protect a person from getting infected by
70-80% (I think it was) and xx-xx % from getting very sick if infected.

With this in mind I have a feeling that our scientist will say, in some weeks from now.
- The vaccine is also effective against the Omicron variant

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan