Closed Thread

Old 03-19-20, 08:37 AM   #8956
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
He said the things voters wanted to hear. The difference is he is doing what the voters wanted to hear.

The majority of the voters did not vote for Trump and he has never had the support of the majority for his issues or actions...

Better said, "He said the things the minority of voters wanted to hear."...

<O>
Old 03-19-20, 09:07 AM   #8957
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
The majority of the voters did not vote for Trump and he has never had the support of the majority for his issues or actions...

Better said, "He said the things the minority of voters wanted to hear."...

<O>
Better yet, he said what the voters wanted to hear in the states that were needed to win the electoral college for said states.

Well I tell ya what, those that did not vote for Trump and said, "Not my president" can send the forthcoming checks back to the Federal Reserve.
Old 03-19-20, 09:30 AM   #8958
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Better yet, he said what the voters wanted to hear in the states that were needed to win the electoral college for said states.

Well I tell ya what, those that did not vote for Trump and said, "Not my president" can send the forthcoming checks back to the Federal Reserve.
Sorry, since I'm paying for those checks, I'm not doing that. I'll take what I can get.

Of course, I probably won't be included in the handout since I'm solvent and able to take care of myself without relying on the government.

All this money disbursed without any oversight on what it's spent on. I bet the coke and weed dealers are over the moon.

If Trump and Congress were to say the budget would be cut in other areas to make up for this or that recipients would have their payroll taxes slightly increased for the rest of the year to pay it back, it would make more sense. But no, that will never happen in this country. Let's add $10 trillion more to the national debt. Skybird is right, we are heading for a financial collapse that will make the economic disruption of this virus look small in comparison.

With these bailouts, this could actually trigger the collapse. I know, crazy to say that, could never happen. Like a pandemic could never happen. Excuse me, folks, I need to go check my garden and guns.

Give a man a free house and he'll bust out the windows
Put his family on food stamps, now he's a big spender
No food on the table and the bills ain't paid
'Cause he spent it on cigarettes and P.G.A (pure grain alcohol)
They'll turn us all into beggars 'cause they're easier to please;
They're feeding our people that Government Cheese

Old 03-19-20, 10:50 AM   #8959
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:

So, a tacit acknowledgement Trump's occupation of the Oval Office has nothing to to with voter support of him or his policies, but, rather, the ability for a candidate to game and gimmick a flawed electoral system; considering Trumps margin in all the 'swing states' combined that gave him the electoral win was about 88,000 votes, it would appear, given how badly he has screwed the pooch as president, that margin of credit of 88,000 votes has, by now, dissolved and is, perhaps, now a sizable debit; the losses by the GOP in some of those states in the 2018 midterm elections does not bode well, nor do the subsequent losses on the local level in votes in those states since 2018; Trump is very damaged goods and, as I have said before, the very high probability of his doing or saying something to torpedo his own ship of state is pretty much a no-brainer, particularly his horrible job of lying through his teeth regarding the Covid-19 crisis and his administration's handling (or better said, miss-handling) of the national response; there is one GOP group, Republicans for the Rule of Law, who are going to be running ads leading up to the November election that will simply prove their point of Trump's incompetence, ignorance, and lack of any qualification by simply playing videos of his many, many lies, deceptions and bungling of the crisis; basically, Trump testifying against himself...

So, do you really think, after the Covid-19 debacle, the tanking of the economy, the failure to deliver on a good many issues of interest within the local levels of the 'swing' states, and more lacking of himself and his rule combined with an electorate now getting weary of Trump's immaturity in leadership, do you really think he's still gonna get those 88,000 votes again this time around? The greater likelihood is there's gonna be a whole lot more than 88,000 voters who are fed up with Trump since 2016...

I don't know: maybe all those people who are going to lose their jobs and those who will lose there businesses and those who are going to watch their 401Ks tank will be so grateful for what Trump has done to them, they'll cheerfully vote for him unlike they did in 2016...

You'll have to excuse me now; I'm trying to see if there is any porcine aviation forthcoming...

As far as the rebate check are concerned, maybe some of those "Not my president" voters might give over a goodly portion of money to whoever is the DEM candidate, sort of Trump financing the DEMs to defeat him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Sorry, since I'm paying for those checks, I'm not doing that. I'll take what I can get.

Of course, I probably won't be included in the handout since I'm solvent and able to take care of myself without relying on the government.

All this money disbursed without any oversight on what it's spent on. I bet the coke and weed dealers are over the moon.

If Trump and Congress were to say the budget would be cut in other areas to make up for this or that recipients would have their payroll taxes slightly increased for the rest of the year to pay it back, it would make more sense. But no, that will never happen in this country. Let's add $10 trillion more to the national debt. Skybird is right, we are heading for a financial collapse that will make the economic disruption of this virus look small in comparison.

With these bailouts, this could actually trigger the collapse. I know, crazy to say that, could never happen. Like a pandemic could never happen. Excuse me, folks, I need to go check my garden and guns.

You are very right about the whole rebate swindle. It could, and I fear, will, trigger or, at least hasten an economic collapse; rebates have never really been effective in reversing or mitigating downward slides; if nothing else, its the modern variation on the old Roman "bread and circuses" idea: keep the teeming unwashed masses distracted by antics and hi-jinks and dole them out 'bread' to make them think progress and prosperity exist when, in truth, the barbarians are at the gate...

The same goes, for the most part, for a lot of the bailout plans being tossed about recently; given how botched-up pretty much everything Trump has been involved in, the level of competence, oversight, and direction of a Trump bailout effort is highly in question and way too risky...

When I was 14yo, I spent a summer in Central America and we went to a village high up in the mountains; we wanted to spend a day at a smaller village higher up the mountains; the local transportation was strictly controlled by the dictatorship and, in the region we were in, there was only one guy with a suitable 4WD vehicle authorized to transport in the area; the villagers warned us that the driver was known to stop off during his trips at roadside cantinas and down more than a few drinks, impairing his driving skills; we were able to bribe him into letting someone else do the driving of his vehicle (IIRC, a few bottles of rum were involved along with some cash); when they villagers warned us of the dangers of being in the same vehicle with him driving, they told several stories about him, but one stuck in mind, even after all these years; it seem he was making a run down the mountain roads, after stopping at the cantinas and suddenly announced to his passengers "I"m seeing two roads instead of one, but don't worry, I'll just drive between the two of them!"; shortly after the announcement he careened off the road, flipping the vehicle, and landing it on its roof; amid all the cries and screams he loudly proclaimed "Anyone who is hurt, don't tell me! Anyone who is dead, don't tell me! Nothing has happened here!"; over the past few years of Trump, the situation seems akin to that of those passengers in that overturned vehicle: something bad is going on and the driver won't admit in and the full cause and responsibility lies with the driver. Frankly, for those of us watching this country on its back, crumpled, with its wheels spinning futilely, and the driver claiming nothing has happened, the time has come to permanently take away the car keys from the crazy driver

<O>
Old 03-19-20, 11:16 AM   #8960
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
So, do you really think, after the Covid-19 debacle, the tanking of the economy, the failure to deliver on a good many issues of interest within the local levels of the 'swing' states, and more lacking of himself and his rule combined with an electorate now getting weary of Trump's immaturity in leadership, do you really think he's still gonna get those 88,000 votes again this time around? The greater likelihood is there's gonna be a whole lot more than 88,000 voters who are fed up with Trump since 2016...

<O>
Yes, I still think President Trump will win the National election in November 2020, but as I have stated many times before Trump will turn the White House over to VP Mike Pence (why I do not know).

One scenario you have not anticipated will come from Obama/Biden's closet has not yet been fully explored. The dark secrets of the Obama era will come to light right before the election to sway the voters, that will not even dare go out to the polls in person, to vote for not only President Trump, but for the GOP.

As u crank as stated the democrats are making Biden look silly with the open borders, health care for all, gun control including the rumor (right or wrong) that certain guns will be confiscated,
plus a woman for VP which will work for certain voters, but not for all.

Yes vienna you have not looked at the chess board of the National election in the same way as I have.

May the best man win and I don't mean between you and me
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-19-20, 12:04 PM   #8961
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
So, a tacit acknowledgement Trump's occupation of the Oval Office has nothing to to with voter support of him or his policies, but, rather, the ability for a candidate to game and gimmick a flawed electoral system;
This sounds like you are saying that the Trump campaign did something underhanded or perhaps even illegal. What it indicates instead is that Clinton's people were not very smart. Despite out spending Trump almost 2 to 1 Clinton lost. Obviously Trump's money was spent more wisely. There was nothing stopping Hillary's people from 'gaming the system' in a likewise fashion. The truth of the matter is that Robby Mook was out played by Brad Parscale and Kellyanne Conway.

Of course there are other factors as well. Eight years of the Obama administration and Clinton's very flawed character can't be ignored. I am afraid that the Democrats are going to repeat their mistake and bet on another tired old political warhorse who should have been put out to pasture. Biden's train of political baggage is impossible to hide. Gonna be an interesting campaign.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 03-19-20, 03:20 PM   #8962
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Old 03-19-20, 03:30 PM   #8963
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Waving and saying, "Don't forget me in 2024"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-19-20, 05:05 PM   #8964
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

I hope so but I'm betting if she does it won't be as a Democrat. She's pretty much become a pariah in the Dem party ever since Hillary called her a Russian asset. I think she'd probably have to move out of Hawaii first as her state is so locked down blue that she'd have no realistic future with any other party there.
Old 03-20-20, 09:46 AM   #8965
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
She has some crazy ideas. But, I hope she does well against Ivanka. Did I say that?
Old 03-20-20, 09:51 AM   #8966
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

Give a man a free house and he'll bust out the windows
Put his family on food stamps, now he's a big spender
No food on the table and the bills ain't paid
'Cause he spent it on cigarettes and P.G.A (pure grain alcohol)
They'll turn us all into beggars 'cause they're easier to please;
They're feeding our people that Government Cheese
The bailout and handing out checks is a bad idea. Period. Those out of work should go to the proper channels of the unemployment compensation office. Why are there checks being cut to homes were people have not stopped working as a result of this virus? I'm working. I don't need the check. This is all a very bad precedence. The unemployment office is created for a reason.

Personally, I think a invoice of 10 trillion for this disaster needs to be sent to China.
Old 03-20-20, 10:50 AM   #8967
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/19/stoc...-is-toast.html

Quote:
“Wall Street is toast,” he told CNBC’s “Trading Nation” on Thursday. “It’s going to end as a financial crisis because the illusion that central banks always have your back and the economy would keep expanding and growing forever and ever ... was complete nonsense.”...

... Stockman contends help from the Federal Reserve won’t be effective.
“We need to let the stock market work. We need to get the Fed out of the way. We need higher interest rates not lower, so all this speculation can get cleaned out of the system,” he said.

On the fiscal side, Stockman suggests the country cannot afford the price tag to bail out the country. A fierce critic of President Trump, he contends the administration’s plan to hand out $2,000 to every American is financially irresponsible and will only postpone an inevitable recession.

Batten down the hatches there's gonna be some crazy days ahead.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-20-20, 11:09 AM   #8968
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/19/stoc...-is-toast.html

Batten down the hatches there's gonna be some crazy days ahead.
This comes from a group of individuals that talk stock market for a living. Predict this and that but by and large fail in predicting anything with any accuracy. However, I concur that handling out $2000.00 to every American is irresponsible.
Old 03-20-20, 11:14 AM   #8969
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Well I need a new computer, no wait, I just bought one.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-20-20, 11:19 AM   #8970
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Well I need a new computer, no wait, I just bought one.
Is that "slowhand" planning?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter