Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-21, 04:42 AM   #1
Ismael
Swabbie

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0
Default Time Compression Tool Box missing in campaign

Hi there!

My problem is the one mentioned in headline: re-installed SH5 after I had troubles with certain mods and found myself with no time compression at hand. Maybe I deleted view with a short-cut? As I got a keyboard w/o numpad I cannot activate time compression from there, too.

Even the Baltic Sea is too big for me to run a campaign in real time, so any help much appreciated!

Regards, Ismael

Last edited by Ismael; 06-28-21 at 04:41 AM. Reason: P.S.: Had a vanilla installation when adding certain small mods, disabled them all - still no Time Compression Toolbox.
Ismael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 11:46 AM   #2
InterestingNameTaken
Captain of U-30 in SH5

Downloads: 106

The only thing I can think of is to delete your entire silent hunter 5 directory in the ubisoft/steam install location and then reinstalling the game through whichever platform again.

In my experience I always had to delete every trace of the game from my computer as some mod folders and data files still lingered after clicking uninstall on steam.

I heard some people say you must restart you computer after removing and uninstalling the files but I have no idea if there is any substance to these recommendations (does it actually make a difference?)

Sorry that I cannot be more useful. This game can be troubling at times and it took me a while to get it working again after I broke it....

-Linus
InterestingNameTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-21, 06:42 AM   #3
Ismael
Swabbie

Thanks for your help. Did as suggested (vanilla installation, no mods), still in campaign-mode the Time compression tool box isnīt displayed. Havenīt tried any other mission or new campaign, yet.

As said before: is there some shortcut to display and hide the toolbox (which I might have hit by accident), is there some "reality option" I might have a activated, which doesnīt allow time compression? I am still in the early stage of the Baltic campaign - and close to uninstall the whole game again for the reason not willing to return to Kiel in real time ...

Last edited by Ismael; 06-29-21 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-29-21, 11:04 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Ismael!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 08:18 AM   #5
Ismael
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Ismael!
Thank you!
Old 06-30-21, 11:18 AM   #6
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

is it just your tc box or the bottom stuff and left sidebar
Old 06-30-21, 11:40 PM   #7
InterestingNameTaken
Captain of U-30 in SH5

Downloads: 106

To further what les green said:

If it is a HUD problem I believe the key bind to bring back to HUD is shift+z

Other than that I am not sure what this problem could be...
InterestingNameTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 10:50 AM   #8
Ismael
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
is it just your tc box or the bottom stuff and left sidebar
Thank you both for your continuing help: The tool bars in the left lower corner and icons in the right upper corner are there (tried the shift+z and is working to show and hide both of them), but the small tool compression box is still missing. I already wonder if this is a bug among the very first mission in campaign. (Had several vanilla installations and restarts.) Otherwise: Could one find a .dll where to unbox the time compression tool?

Regards! (Und immer eine Handbreit Wasser unter dem Kiel!)
Old 07-01-21, 01:09 PM   #9
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

are you playing with TWoS or any other mods clean regular sh5 is a bugfest
Old 07-02-21, 04:24 AM   #10
Ismael
Swabbie

Hi Les Green!

I had TWoS installed and as I found it too much changing I deleted this mod, then to uninstall SH5 and completely re-install it. With the "Revo Uninstaller" I searched for any remaining data and learned that I even had to upload UPlay again (= no Steam Version).
Yesterday I found that certain campaign missions I had in the Ubisoft cloud worked with the Time Compression toolbox showing! (But when I reached Kiel the whole campaign got stuck and I couldnīt continue it ...)

The cloud-saved campaigns that donīt show the TC toolbox are the ones I started after updating from V1.2 with the game updater on disk (!) - maybe hereīs the cause for my trouble? Still it didnīt help to re-install the whole game, update it, leave out any mods and start a new campaign.
I wonder if I should bother you with that (as there seems no easy solution at hand) and leave it the way it is.

Edit: All historic missions work fine, must be a "campaign problem", maybe caused by running the game in different installations when saved to the Uplay cloud (?).
Best Wishes!

Last edited by Ismael; 07-02-21 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-02-21, 08:53 AM   #11
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismael View Post
Hi Les Green!

I had TWoS installed and as I found it too much changing I deleted this mod, then to uninstall SH5 and completely re-install it. With the "Revo Uninstaller" I searched for any remaining data and learned that I even had to upload UPlay again (= no Steam Version).
Yesterday I found that certain campaign missions I had in the Ubisoft cloud worked with the Time Compression toolbox showing! (But when I reached Kiel the whole campaign got stuck and I couldnīt continue it ...)

The cloud-saved campaigns that donīt show the TC toolbox are the ones I started after updating from V1.2 with the game updater on disk (!) - maybe hereīs the cause for my trouble? Still it didnīt help to re-install the whole game, update it, leave out any mods and start a new campaign.
I wonder if I should bother you with that (as there seems no easy solution at hand) and leave it the way it is.

Edit: All historic missions work fine, must be a "campaign problem", maybe caused by running the game in different installations when saved to the Uplay cloud (?).
Best Wishes!
running from differnt installments on saves can mess it up a fresh install and a new campaign start should fix the issue are you running the game from program files
Old 07-03-21, 01:26 AM   #12
Ismael
Swabbie

Hi there!

I always followed the advice found here and installed ubisoft/silent hunter outside the "program files" and "directly" under C: or E: (hard disk).

Sad to say that I did several fresh installments and half a dozen new starts in campaign mode without changes to the "missing TC tool box".

Edit: I feel stupid! The Time Compression Toolbox re-appeared in first mission of German campaign when the course was set for Kiel. Before that I had made a course along the Baltic Coast not ending in that harbour as suggested. Everything is fine now, thank you for your support and accept my apologies for keeping you busy that long. Best Wishes!

Last edited by Ismael; 07-04-21 at 04:32 AM.