SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-06-07, 11:55 AM   #1846
wunderlich
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderlich
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I was wondering what is the difference between VIIC, VIIC/41 and VIIC/42 type boats in the game? To me it looks like their specs are precisely the same.
If I remember correctly (I'm at work right now and can't check it) they are the same. Unfortunatelly they were not modelled correctly from Ubi
If they are the same, then would it be possible to mod them somehow to make them different?

Another stupid question: how do I use the medics in the game? Will they heal wounded men if they are placed in the same compartment? I haven't really ever needed those medics so I don't know how they work.
wunderlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 12:00 PM   #1847
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

With regard to the question about medics....Ther are differing opinions here as to whether they actually do anything or not (similarly to the helmsman).
Put the medic in the same compartment as your wounded, then decide for yourself if the healing process quickens :hmm:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 12:45 PM   #1848
Spruence M
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 29

@Jim

I never realized that the process was installing 1.0, then updating to 3.0....

EGADS!

I've never played 3.0! I've been playing 1.0 thinking it was 3.0.

I'm a newb...

Sometimes I'm retarded. Thanks for the input from you and Lehman.

About the message I had left on teamspeak:

I did something to silent hunter that caused it not to load, I thought, well, its been months since I did this, and I need to walk my friend through it, so I'll just do it again... Well, I finally got it fixed about 3am central time, and now im downloading 1.3.

Jeez, what a dumb thing I have done...
Spruence M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 12:57 PM   #1849
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I was wondering what is the difference between VIIC, VIIC/41 and VIIC/42 type boats in the game? To me it looks like their specs are precisely the same.
If I remember correctly (I'm at work right now and can't check it) they are the same. Unfortunatelly they were not modelled correctly from Ubi
If they are the same, then would it be possible to mod them somehow to make them different?

Another stupid question: how do I use the medics in the game? Will they heal wounded men if they are placed in the same compartment? I haven't really ever needed those medics so I don't know how they work.
There is a playable VIIC\41 model by Cobalt IIRC which you JSGME in when you buy one ingame
The VIIC\42 was never built in RL

Yes the medic needs to be in the same compartment as the wounded man

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 03:44 PM   #1850
Saldiray
Swabbie

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but the search function gave me no results so here i go.

I finally got my brand new type XXI in Bergen and began my first patrol. But after a few tests i found out that my XXI was nothing but a XXI looking IX. I mean; no revolutionary battery life, no real test depth, no automatic torpedo reloading systems, etc. I hoped stock XXI was corrected in GWX. Am i having some sorta installation problems or is it the sad truth about XXI in GWX?
Saldiray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 04:01 PM   #1851
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Well you must have a problem then
Battery life was fixed
Torpedos load real quick

Not sure about test depths as never used one seriously

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-07, 04:10 PM   #1852
Saldiray
Swabbie

Thanks for the reply. So it seems like i have a problem with my installation, i'd better try a reinstall.
So i can finally finish my patrols almost submerged all the time just like real XXIs or spend at least two days at 4-5 knots underwater without recharging, that'll be cool.
Old 09-06-07, 04:30 PM   #1853
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Make sure you don't have any skins enabled for the XXI. These are in the form of DAT files and will 'break' the default XXI in GWX.
Old 09-06-07, 04:56 PM   #1854
Saldiray
Swabbie

Thanks! Just cleaned my JSGME installs and seems like my XXI is back to normal, have just done a quick test and now i can make 17 knots for 90 mins and 7 knots for 300 miles (all approximately), seems fine.

Now if you excuse me i have some unfinished business with a few Royal Navy DDs. DD fellas, you showed me your new toy, the enhanced ASDIC at our last meeting in the Atlantic. This time i have something new for you. Let's rock!
Old 09-07-07, 05:20 PM   #1855
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

SINK EM ALL!!

Old 09-07-07, 05:44 PM   #1856
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Make sure you don't have any skins enabled for the XXI. These are in the form of DAT files and will 'break' the default XXI in GWX.
Are there any skins for the TypeXXI that work with GWX?:hmm: there is one on Fubars filefront page that he says is GWX compatable or is that for an earlier version of GWX?there must be one that works
Old 09-08-07, 03:28 AM   #1857
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Are there any skins for the TypeXXI that work with GWX?:hmm: there is one on Fubars filefront page that he says is GWX compatable or is that for an earlier version of GWX?there must be one that works
If the Readme say that the skin is OK to be used with GWX it's OK for all the versions
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 05:09 AM   #1858
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I believe Fubar upgraded all his skins to ensure GWX compatibility earlier this year

Old 09-08-07, 09:46 PM   #1859
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Instead of your links to download them individually. Did you guys try to put them onto a torrent site as a full dvd iso? :hmm:
Old 09-08-07, 11:12 PM   #1860
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
Instead of your links to download them individually. Did you guys try to put them onto a torrent site as a full dvd iso? :hmm:
No, it's preferable to provide the files in the most accessible format, as not everyone a) knows what torrent is and b) knows what an ISO is.

I mean, it's hard enough for the GWX guys to provide support with the d/l being simple exe/bin files. Imagine the jimbuna/danlisa patented copy and paste set of steps if files could only be obtained in ISO format via torrent?! :rotfl:

Actually... could be fun... :hmm:
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote