SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2019, 09:12 PM   #16
MANoWAR.U52
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 83
Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0
Default

Is it possible to get your file from somewhere else?
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:03 AM   #17
p7p8
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 5


Default

"Missions for Collins" were in fact original missions from 688 H/K with changed LA to Collins

Really funny, because first or second mission goal was TLAM attack and "creator" of this "new missions for Collins" probably forget about lacking of TLAM missiles onboard Collins class :P

Btw 688 H/K missions are adapted to RA - you can find them in scenario folder if you use RA mod.
__________________
p7p8 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #18
MANoWAR.U52
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 83
Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0
Default

Is there a reason why you put creator in brackets? Furthermore what you consider funny is not really of my concern and I rather check for myself and I´m glad for everyone that tries to create content for DW. Besides, when several guys tell you to reconsider your attitude perhaps its indeed worth a try.

Anyways not here for an argument just for the file.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:25 PM   #19
p7p8
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 5


Default

When you shows someone else work as your work only because you changed title and playable unit (btw incompetently) it is an argument for criticism.

Btw those files werent available to play without messing with database - which may corrupt MP games.

It's a shame you don't understand things like intellectual property and copyrights.

If you wanna play this original 688 H/K in RA with different platform you can just add in editor:
"Player has choice of platform" attribute, and it will work better than "Collins version" because you dont need to mess with database.

Quote:
Besides, when several guys tell you to reconsider your attitude perhaps its indeed worth a try.
I did and now i'm sure my attitude is exactly like i want
It prevent's me from writing tons of useless advices like people who don't like my style. I know it's painful to you because some time ago i prooved you were wrong and i'm sure you remember this very well.
__________________
p7p8 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #20
Fearless
Ace of the Deep
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,006
Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
When you shows someone else work as your work only because you changed title and playable unit (btw incompetently) it is an argument for criticism.
I consider your comment an insult and have reported it. It's now up to the administrators to fix. Also I request this post be locked.
__________________
Fearless

Comp Specs:
Dell i7; 8gb ram; 1Tb hdd; AMD Graphics 2gb; Win10
My current Mod setup.
Ralles RealModPack V1.2full, 2.2 RMP V1.3 Bubblehead`s Ship_Compilation
Captain Midnights CBS NEWS Sound Mod, CSL Custom Map Colors, and career playable surface ship
Dangerous Waters - DWX 1.46

Last edited by Fearless; 03-18-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:32 AM   #21
p7p8
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 5


Default

LOL, what insulsts you? The fact that you have made "your" missions unplayable or the fact that you public them as your own work while they are from 688 H/K?

Missions were unplayable without adding additional "hull number" for Collins class and because you forget about changing main goals like TLAM strike (Collins is unable for launching TLAM's).

All of your missions have exactly the same names



In my opinion you should write a word about it but you didn't.

At first i didn't recognise these little changed missions from 688 H/K
I was too excited playing something "new".

Btw i asked Crazy Ivan for adding your favourite Collins hull number (Rankin) and currently is playable.


So if you feel reporting me is necessarily, do what you have to. I don't care.
I still have "your missions" and everyone can do own "research" by comparison RAN OS Perisher and 688 H/K missions rebuilded for RA

RAN OS Perisher

(link above is only for comparison and it's mission pack published by @Fearless as his own)

__________________
p7p8 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #22
MANoWAR.U52
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 83
Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
I did and now i'm sure my attitude is exactly like i want
It prevent's me from writing tons of useless advices like people who don't like my style.
Well then good luck with being the forum´s prime douche-hat here. For sure will end as a success story for you here.


Also consider your strange believe that there is even an interest in hearing what you call "advice" as mistaken.

Last edited by MANoWAR.U52; 03-19-2019 at 03:42 PM.
MANoWAR.U52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #23
p7p8
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 5


Default

I don't understand you: all what you ask about DW you have answer from me (suggestions of good solutions). But you are angry because it's from me.

I will tell you something. I don't care of your opinion and what you think about me. If you ask here about DW and I have proper knowledge I just answer to anybody who ask.

I do not gives advices like:

"If you are new to DW you should 2 months train making turns on your sub"

Its because DW is NOT on this level of simulation. I know somone can think "its cool" but for me it's just intentional misinformation for building myth "DW is only for pro gamers" (which is not true)

Returning to clue of my reply...

In this topic I gave you:
1. Solution how to play these missions with any playable submarine
2. Where to find those missions in RA
3. Advice how to play missions redesigned by @Fearles
4. Warning about fact that some missions redesigned by @Fearles are unable to complete
5. Link to originaly redesigned missions by @Fearles

Nobody gave you more than me :P

And you can only blame me.
It's really funny for me because it shows who you really are.
And it shows that you are just jealous
__________________
p7p8 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #24
Fearless
Ace of the Deep
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,006
Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
LOL, what insulsts you? The fact that you have made "your" missions unplayable or the fact that you public them as your own work while they are from 688 H/K?

Missions were unplayable without adding additional "hull number" for Collins class and because you forget about changing main goals like TLAM strike (Collins is unable for launching TLAM's).

All of your missions have exactly the same names



In my opinion you should write a word about it but you didn't.

At first i didn't recognise these little changed missions from 688 H/K
I was too excited playing something "new".

Btw i asked Crazy Ivan for adding your favourite Collins hull number (Rankin) and currently is playable.


So if you feel reporting me is necessarily, do what you have to. I don't care.
I still have "your missions" and everyone can do own "research" by comparison RAN OS Perisher and 688 H/K missions rebuilded for RA

RAN OS Perisher

(link above is only for comparison and it's mission pack published by @Fearless as his own)

I did NOT give you permission to re-release the mission as I deleted it.

I REQUEST THAT YOU DELETE THE LINK NOW.
__________________
Fearless

Comp Specs:
Dell i7; 8gb ram; 1Tb hdd; AMD Graphics 2gb; Win10
My current Mod setup.
Ralles RealModPack V1.2full, 2.2 RMP V1.3 Bubblehead`s Ship_Compilation
Captain Midnights CBS NEWS Sound Mod, CSL Custom Map Colors, and career playable surface ship
Dangerous Waters - DWX 1.46
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #25
p7p8
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 5


Default

Strange because missions were public for free using, without additional licence requests.
Btw unlike you, I wrote who is the author :P

And you gave me permission:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Mission has been deleted. Do what you wish with it.
__________________
p7p8 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:22 PM   #26
techsubdiver
Nub
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

One guy unpolitely mocks content makers for not delivering a perfect download or because it is from 688 (who the heck cares?) and who also does a neat job in scaring anyone away from the DW and RA mod threads and the other guy dramatically overreacts while screaming "lock this thread!" as if nuclear missile codes where released here.

And you know who suffers the most... The small dw community here. I really hope new and old who will see this here won´t start think twice and thrice before doing missions or mods for the best modern marine sim around. Everyone be sure that we´re happy for every addition you may provide and we do not require 100% perfection. Some of us however should re-learn to show some respect and at least show some appreciation for the free work of others no matter of the perceived quality, not just happily take and download without taking any second to say thanks. This way also the negative, detterent posts stand out and you can bet that these makers and many others learning from this role-model never will return to improve or make more.

Decades ago things were different in the naval modding scene, not so much "take!, take!, take!" folks around. I know this isn´t social studies class here but this culture sickens me and incidents like this here urged me to write it down somewhere in the infinite space of internet.
techsubdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #27
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent
 
Onkel Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Cougar Trap, Texas
Posts: 18,066
Downloads: 401
Uploads: 200


Default

You're right, techsub. It really only take a little effort to be civil and helpful but some people just can't manage that. I appreciate when people try to help each other.

Can we try to smooth this out guys? It would be beneficial to all of us.
__________________
Would you like to join my Wolfpack crew? Friend me on STEAM, my username is SUBSIM.
Good hunting and don't forget to close the hatch!

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #28
p7p8
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 5


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
One guy unpolitely mocks content makers...
content makers - LOL. One question: did you downolad and play this scenarios? Im sure not. You know why i kwow about it? Because those missions are unplayable and you even don't know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
...for not delivering a perfect download or because it is from 688 (who the heck cares?)
You don't understand. Download was ok, and nobody cares is this missions are from 688 H/K or SC. But someone did great job making this missions available for playing under DW+RA and they were described as "missions from 688 HK". So i think its "not polite" to change name of mission file and playable platform and call it "its my new missions" because it misleads players.

I was only one who did test of these missions because nobody (even pseudo author) hadn't time or patience to change manualy wrong strings in txt edidor or mess with game database every time when you want to play Fearless version. It proved in my video from game - check post #4
Its very easy to accuse someone without even little research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
... and who also does a neat job in scaring anyone away from the DW and RA mod threads
Guy made mission pack only for himself without any word about it's in fact little moddified someone else work and you suggest me it was great work for DW community? In my opinion it's not only useles but also unfair for real missions designer and modder.
I hope next time these kind of "mission designers" will think twice about releasing broken, useless and violating intellectual property and good manners stuff.
Thinking they doing something usefull for DW community is very naive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
And you know who suffers the most... The small dw community here.
Active community mostly suffers from subsim DW politic. Nobody upload own missions here because subsim don't allow for something more than empty maps with some names and lines - without any task, ships, playable platforms etc.
I've tried few times but subsim always plays in cat and mouse (yyy said: it's not my role to upload, talk to xxx. Later and : its not my role to upload missions, talk with yyy and so on)
If you want to find new missions for DW subsim is not good place. Check redrodgers, Betasom, or one of discord channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
Some of us however should re-learn to show some respect
I agree. Calling others "douche-hat" shows very low level of manners.
Can you say something about my manners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
and at least show some appreciation for the free work
Exactly! If you use someones work, you should write about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsubdiver View Post
Decades ago things were different in the naval modding scene
True, because decades ago naval modding scene didn't exist
__________________

Last edited by p7p8; 03-20-2019 at 07:01 PM.
p7p8 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #29
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent
 
Onkel Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Cougar Trap, Texas
Posts: 18,066
Downloads: 401
Uploads: 200


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post

Active community mostly suffers from subsim DW politic. Nobody upload own missions here because subsim don't allow for something more than empty maps with some names and lines - without any task, ships, playable platforms etc.
I've tried few times but subsim always plays in cat and mouse (yyy said: it's not my role to upload, talk to xxx. Later and : its not my role to upload missions, talk with yyy and so on)
If you want to find new missions for DW subsim is not good place. Check redrodgers, Betasom, or one of discord channels.

Sorry, I don't understand. What politic are you talking about? How is it difficult to send me a PM and then I give you access to upload missions? WHo is xxx and yyy ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111Capture.JPG (35.2 KB, 8 views)
__________________
Would you like to join my Wolfpack crew? Friend me on STEAM, my username is SUBSIM.
Good hunting and don't forget to close the hatch!

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:57 PM   #30
p7p8
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 588
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 5


Default

After clicking there was opened PM to Sailor Steve. But he sent me to you.
Check your PM from dates 02-26-2017 and 03-01-2017
Exchange takes 3 PM's and no answer. But in the same time +/- 3 days were uploaded Stewy1 maps (if i remember correctly username).
__________________
p7p8 is online   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim