https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelli...in-11621796228

All ^ found here:

https://translate.google.com/transla..._irre_gefuehrt
Old 06-09-21, 10:15 AM   #7307
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 05:22 PM   #7308
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 05:38 PM   #7309
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In a medical survey made in (forgot the country) showed that vegetarian had 60-70 % higher chance for not getting infected or was better equip to fight the virus if they got infected.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 07:03 PM   #7310
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In a medical survey made in (forgot the country) showed that vegetarian had 60-70 % higher chance for not getting infected or was better equip to fight the virus if they got infected.

Markus
I don't doubt it. In most western nations, livestock is pumped full of antibiotics and hormones to come to market size more quickly on less feed. It's entirely unnatural and harmful to the entire food chain. While I enjoy eating meat, I'd prefer that it be eaten the way those in Asia and the Med do - primarily as a flavoring - or as extremely high quality naturally-raised meat from well-treated animals. I'd rather eat a few cubes of Tajima beef served as robatayaki rather than a 20 ounce US prime tomahawk steak on most occasions.

That's not to say I don't enjoy a large steak, but I don't need it.

The opposite concern is the damage done by vegans/vegetarians by constantly feeding boys and men soy as their main source of protein when it causes higher estrogen levels in them. Legumes, beans, etc. are fine if you change it up often.

A moderation diet with high quality food is best - and that is the problem with most western diets - the quality is generally terrible. Eggs with orange yellow yolks instead of bright orange. Bread that is mostly air (or wheat in name only). Meat full of hormones. Fruit and veg eaten out of season that tastes like the warehouse they were stored in. Way too much hidden added sugar. Many processed "foods" that taste nothing like what they would if they were made from scratch.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 07:57 PM   #7311
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
I don't doubt it. In most western nations, livestock is pumped full of antibiotics and hormones to come to market size more quickly on less feed. It's entirely unnatural and harmful to the entire food chain. While I enjoy eating meat, I'd prefer that it be eaten the way those in Asia and the Med do - primarily as a flavoring - or as extremely high quality naturally-raised meat from well-treated animals. I'd rather eat a few cubes of Tajima beef served as robatayaki rather than a 20 ounce US prime tomahawk steak on most occasions.

That's not to say I don't enjoy a large steak, but I don't need it.

The opposite concern is the damage done by vegans/vegetarians by constantly feeding boys and men soy as their main source of protein when it causes higher estrogen levels in them. Legumes, beans, etc. are fine if you change it up often.

A moderation diet with high quality food is best - and that is the problem with most western diets - the quality is generally terrible. Eggs with orange yellow yolks instead of bright orange. Bread that is mostly air (or wheat in name only). Meat full of hormones. Fruit and veg eaten out of season that tastes like the warehouse they were stored in. Way too much hidden added sugar. Many processed "foods" that taste nothing like what they would if they were made from scratch.
Good points ... all of them

Share more often
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 03:17 AM   #7312
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ and ^^ i concur

AP News: "Biden to lay out vax donations, urge world leaders to join"
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...039ad3a46ddd31
Seems the US is back.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 07:57 AM   #7313
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:

Markus
Found an English article regarding this survey

Quote:
People whose diets are plant-based and those who eat fish but not meat appear to have lower odds of getting a severe infection compared with others.
https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-07/...study-suggests

I was not 100 % accurate though in my first post-Sorry.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 12:35 PM   #7314
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-11-21, 02:35 AM   #7315
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Europe tells tourists: Welcome back! Now work out the rules

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...2210f990a6aeff

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 07:39 AM   #7316
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:

Markus
I am not surprised, due to some of the reasons already given by 3catcircus. While I am not against eating meat, I strongly recommend "clean" meat from grass-fed cattle living on the meadow. No corn-feeding, no soy feeding. Grass-fed means: the animals fatty acids have m ore inflammatory Omega6 and less non-inflammatory Omega 3. Pastzured means the animals forms MUCH better ratipos between Omega 6 and Omega 3, less of the first and more of the latter.

Inflammation caused by an overspiking immune system (cytokine storm) is one of th ebig issues with Covid-19. Most of the damages patients suffer, do not come from the virus, but the immune system causing a nightmare of collateral damages. Its not enoguh tio just strenghten it, you also must modulate it, as I have often explained by now.

However, "bio"-standard-raised meat can also have its problems, since "bio" production not automatically always leads to better quality of animal wellbeing. Especially when the animals become ill, but are under a "bio" regime, they easily can suffer more, since they are banned from effective conventional therapies.

On soy, I linked a translated text recently, and soy to me is a major concern, it got that meanwhile, while twenty years ago I ate plenty of Tofu, I had good recipes for marinades for it. But no more, not even in food for animals, if i can avoid it. I placed a link in the health thread, here it is again:

https://translate.google.com/transla...soja-ungesund/

Avoid it, if you can. Japanese traditionally eat it only in combination with certain foods that neutralise some of its negative fallouts, and they do not eat it as much as Westerners may think.

Soy, btw, like caniola/rapesee in thwe west, wa snot farmed for human consummaiton, originally, but as animal food on farms (while canola was farmed to make lamp oil and soap from it, it was intended for human cosumption originally, that hgjmans can eat it (with still quite high amounts of inflammatory Omega-6 fatty acids) was discovere dlater only. Or claimed.

Vegetarians and Vegans suffer typical shortages of micro nutrients, which they must supplement. It takes a lot of knowledge to eat this style, and still enjoy the limited rnages of tastes, and not suffer too huge deficits. Its possible, but is very enagging. If oyu think you just need an apple more per day and do nto eat meat and milk anymore, then you sooner or later will pay the health price. The bills will be presented not before many years have gone by. But it will be presented. So if you go this way, do your homework, and learn. A lot.

I respect it if people eat no animals for ethical reasons, I did so myself for ten years , in my twenties, and because meat then was not up to my taste (that has changed), and then changed again). I only insist that their choice does not legitimize them to enforce their food reigme on others as well.
Old 06-11-21, 07:41 AM   #7317
Skybird
Soaring

That vegetarians are not as heavily infected by Corona, may also have other reasons than just their food habits. Could be that their generlal living conditions are such that they confront or avoid the virus better. More awareness for general healthy living styles.
Old 06-11-21, 07:45 AM   #7318
Skybird
Soaring

Yesterday, brief headline in German news: some cuise ship made a stop, then went to sea again, with tourists back on board. Immediately corona numbers are skyrocketing upwards on board. Did not read the full story, since I was not suprised.

Airline flioghts and curising tours are stupid thigns to do, so is to do mass tourism in trains, busses, crowded closed compartments...

It seems nature does not recognise human claim for holiday travels being a natural right. Too bad.

Indian variant in Britain taking over command, numbers of new infeciton are racing upwards. Not good. In Germany, the variation has arrived. Reason for worries. Vaccines seem to not work too well on this one.

Got info from my doc's office, on my vaccination date request. To put it short: They were laughing. Think I can forget that option.

The german perfect plans. Too good for reality. Meanwhile the German health wannabe minister snapped oiver being attacked and criticised for his dilletantic and costly Corona mismanagement and always too late decision making. As always, nothing is ever his fault.
Old 06-11-21, 08:06 AM   #7319
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-11-21, 08:12 AM   #7320
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Nearly two-thirds of people infected with the Delta variant, and more than half of those who have died with it, have not had a Covid vaccine at all, the latest official data suggests.

There have been nearly 30,000 new UK cases of the variant in the past week.

The Public Health England report says it is likely to spread more easily and could make people more seriously ill.

Officials say two doses of the vaccine provide "significantly more protection" than one.

The Delta variant, which was first identified in India, is now the dominant variant in the UK - accounting for 90% of cases.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57441677

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan