SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-21, 12:26 PM   #7171
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 01:48 PM   #7172
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-14-21, 01:48 PM   #7173
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-14-21, 02:04 PM   #7174
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Heard a rumor that the effects of the Covid-19 virus shot (like sore arm etc) are signs that the Vaccine is working.
Thats not just "rumour", but fact, you see this in varying intensity levels in practically all vaccines, even if these effects are so minor that they escape the awareness. But on the physiological and metabological level they are always there.

Note that The Lancet says (I linked it two days ago) that if two different vaccines get mixed for first and second jab, lets say AZ and B/P, they found that slightly more serious sideeffects can show after the second jab. Whether mixed jabs give some better or the same protection than two similiar jabs, they still evaluate.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-14-21 at 06:55 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 05:26 PM   #7175
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I don't need to social distance or mask up, I'm vaccinated. You may need me to social distance or mask up.

I suggest you get vaccinated or social distance and mask up.

As usual, I'm a little ahead of the curve

CDC says people fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can shed masks in most indoor settings
Old 05-15-21, 09:37 AM   #7176
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

People are being urged by scientists and public health experts to take a cautious approach when lockdown restrictions ease.

The British Medical Association has raised concerns about the decision to press ahead with the easing of measures on Monday.

Cases of the Indian Covid variant have nearly tripled in the past week in England, according to official figures.

The Army is to be deployed in north-west England to help with surge testing where cases of the variant are rising sharply.

Extra testing is already taking place in targeted areas across England, including Bolton, Blackburn and London.

Health minister Edward Argar says there has been a "minor increase" in hospital presentations in Bolton.

Second doses are being speeded-up for older age groups in affected areas.

Police in Glasgow have urged Rangers football fans to disperse and follow Covid measures after crowds poured onto the streets.

More than 20,000 football fans in England will attend today's FA Cup final at Wembley - the largest crowd at the government's pilot events so far.

Old 05-15-21, 12:30 PM   #7177
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-15-21, 02:23 PM   #7178
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In the beginning of this pandemic many of my friends and even myself said or was convinced that Corona virus wasn't so much more dangerous than the ordinary influenza.

Some hours ago I went through the number of death related to the influenza in Denmark, from 2016 and up to 2020. Nowhere does the number of death due to influenza excess the number of death to Corona virus.

Even though Denmark have had Corona virus since January-February last year 2020.

Total death related to Corona virus in Denmark is 2499.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 05:12 PM   #7179
Skybird
Soaring

The son of the door-to-door neighbours of my parents is a professional cook. He became ill by Corona, had a modest case, was in hopsital for some days for closer observation, but never was in critical condition or under threat to got into an ICU and fight for his life. But he got long Covid. For five months now. He cannot smell or taste.

For a cook that is an utmost desaster. He is loosing hope to ever regain his senses, although he tries to stimulate his damaged nervous cells in the brain and nose every day. My Mum said his parents told them that eating for him has become a hellish pain and a source of despair, because he does not taste anything. The absence of anything is where the pain for him lies in. After all, he is - he was? - a cook.

After five months, hope is fading. Being a cook was his heart's wish to become as a profession.

It must not always be about life or death. There are so many other health problems leading to tragedies and dramas caused by this virus.
Old 05-16-21, 10:34 AM   #7180
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-16-21, 10:36 AM   #7181
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK has "increasing confidence" that Covid-19 vaccines work against the Indian variant of the virus, the health secretary has said.

Scientists believe that the variant is more transmissible and cases of it nearly tripled to 1,313 in the past week in England.

But Matt Hancock said early lab data showed vaccines remained effective.

He said the majority of those in hospital in Bolton - a hotspot for the Indian variant - were unvaccinated.

More than 20 million people in the UK have now had two doses of a coronavirus vaccine, according to the latest government figures.

A further four people have died within 28 days of testing positive for the virus, and another 1,926 new infections have been recorded.

The health secretary said that the Indian variant, known as B.1.617.2, was "relatively widespread in small numbers" in most of the country.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57134181

Old 05-16-21, 10:44 AM   #7182
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Singapore's health ministry has confirmed 38 locally-transmitted Covid cases, the highest daily number since mid-September - the city-state has placed strict curbs on gatherings.

Coronavirus restrictions on transportation and commercial activities are being eased in Pakistan, which introduced curbs for a week to stem the spread of the virus during Eid.

Over the past 24 hours, Russia has officially recorded 8,554 new Covid cases, down from 8,790 the previous day. There were 391 deaths, up from 364, BBC Monitoring said.

Mainland China reported 18 new Covid infections on 15 May, up from 14 a day earlier, the national health authority said on Sunday.

The president of Taiwan, Tsai Ing-wen, has urged people not to panic buy after the island introduced its toughest ever coronavirus restrictions.

Germany's government has re-classified the UK as a Covid risk region after the emergence of the Indian virus variant - it will not change much for travellers arriving in Germany from the UK

Old 05-16-21, 11:29 AM   #7183
Skybird
Soaring

New lab findings from Germany show that AZ and J&J vaccines are not as effective against the Southafrican mutation as the two mRNA vaccines by BionTech/Pfizer and Moderna.

German experts assume that vaccination as of today provide immuny for not longer than around 6 months. But that firsat vaccination already, after four weeks, redcues chances for gettiugn infected by around 80%. Booster jabs are expected to be rolled in from early 2022 on.
Old 05-16-21, 11:42 AM   #7184
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I fear it will keep on mutating and one day have mutated to something more deadly where todays vaccine isn't enough.

Markus

Old 05-16-21, 04:43 PM   #7185
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

This is a Corona virus related story a bizarre story

Quote:
A driver was burned and his car destroyed after a bizarre accident.
It happened around 5:30 p.m. Thursday in a shopping center in Rockville, Maryland.
https://abc11.com/car-goes-up-in-fla...izer/10631602/

Markus

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan