SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-21, 10:47 AM   #6406
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 12:20 PM   #6407
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

My Danish friends are kind of upset due to the lockdown and the daily result of the testing-Which indicate a percentage below 0.5 % infected each day.

They can't understand why the government is keeping Denmark in lockdown when less than 0.5 of the tested Danes show positive result.

Said to them:
It has to do with the British variant who has and R0 = 1.25 while the old one has an R0 =0.9.
Furthermore you(said this to my Danish friends)you should take a look at Britain, Portugal and Germany from beginning of Dec. -20 and until end of Jan -21.

These country had a low percentage on daily infected in the beginning of Dec.- 20 and eased on the restriction-Then this British variant toke over and the rest is history.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 01:09 PM   #6408
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Well looky here, Biden is in office and there's more rainbows and unicorns to share with everyone now! If this is a possibility for the U.S. then the same could apply to the E.U.. Aunty Merkel and whats her face might come out of this smelling like roses having saved the E Union billions by not buying up all the vaccines when others thought they should have.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/johns-...gone-by-april/

Johns Hopkins Doctor Predicts Covid ‘Will Be Mostly Gone By April’

In an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal on Friday, Dr. Marty Makary — a surgeon and a professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Bloomberg School of Public Health — argues that there are actually many more than the 28 million confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the U.S., possibly as much as 6.5 times more than that number. Between that group, and the roughly 15 percent of the country which has already received one dose of the vaccine, Makary argues that much of the nation is already protected from the virus.
“There is reason to think the country is racing toward an extremely low level of infection,” Makary wrote. “As more people have been infected, most of whom have mild or no symptoms, there are fewer Americans left to be infected. At the current trajectory, I expect Covid will be mostly gone by April, allowing Americans to resume normal life.”

I wonder if the disciples of lockdown and the godwizard science are still stumped why cases are falling? The WSJ op-ed headline

We’ll Have Herd Immunity by April

Covid cases have dropped 77% in six weeks. Experts should level with the public about the good news.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-19-21 at 01:35 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 01:40 PM   #6409
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Germany reports the falling numbers are stagnating now. The share of the British variat amongst infecfitons is rising, and this might be the reason why over here we expect that numbers will raise again. Flensburg in the upper Noth (borde rto Denmark), is under cuirfex at night and extremely trict lockdown rules now, their numers exploded with the British strain. Next week many schools will open again.

The herd immuhtiy has been put into question before already, Rockstar. In severla countries where the y hoped for it and felt encouraged to reach it by earlier trends, now nobody speaks of it anymore, and some even argue that teh mutations are a valiabkle adding a dynamic that will prevent it, both in speed of infections, and imune protections. We need to wait and see. But to take it for granted it will be a reality soon is - well, very early.

The virus is very, very eager to mutate, I red yesterday. They see this in that in past weeks therey found - I forgot the exat number - seven or seventeen mutations of the British mutation B.117 already that all were very similiar and only showed minor differences. The snmall differences mean the virus almost "systemtically" tests every niche and every opportunity to become more successful in spreading itself. A comment I heard earlier this week said this is a faster mutating virus than most others, even for the standards of the family of Corona virusses in general, which already are fast mutating virusses.

And one mutation that bypasses the current vaccines, is enough to throw our efforts back by months and months. I think this event is just a question of time, according to Murphy'S law: what can happen, sooner or later must and will happen.
Old 02-19-21, 04:16 PM   #6410
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Germany reports the falling numbers are stagnating now. The share of the British variat amongst infecfitons is rising, and this might be the reason why over here we expect that numbers will raise again. Flensburg in the upper Noth (borde rto Denmark), is under cuirfex at night and extremely trict lockdown rules now, their numers exploded with the British strain. Next week many schools will open again.

The herd immuhtiy has been put into question before already, Rockstar. In severla countries where the y hoped for it and felt encouraged to reach it by earlier trends, now nobody speaks of it anymore, and some even argue that teh mutations are a valiabkle adding a dynamic that will prevent it, both in speed of infections, and imune protections. We need to wait and see. But to take it for granted it will be a reality soon is - well, very early.

The virus is very, very eager to mutate, I red yesterday. They see this in that in past weeks therey found - I forgot the exat number - seven or seventeen mutations of the British mutation B.117 already that all were very similiar and only showed minor differences. The snmall differences mean the virus almost "systemtically" tests every niche and every opportunity to become more successful in spreading itself. A comment I heard earlier this week said this is a faster mutating virus than most others, even for the standards of the family of Corona virusses in general, which already are fast mutating virusses.

And one mutation that bypasses the current vaccines, is enough to throw our efforts back by months and months. I think this event is just a question of time, according to Murphy'S law: what can happen, sooner or later must and will happen.
How many different mutations of the other types of coronaviruses have occurred? It's so many, along with rhinoviruses, that we've never been able to keep up to obtain a cure for the common cold. Covid-19 will continue to mutate to ensure that people are able to harbor it so it can continue to replicate, with every mutation ever likelier to contain making it less and less able to cause serious illness or death for most people. That's what viruses do. That's essentially their whole reason the existing is to get replicated. Ebola, in comparison, kills too quickly to allow it time to mutate to be less deadly in humans.

Just as important as asking what the chances of serious illness from covid are, we also need to be asking what the rate of serious side effects from insufficiently tested vaccines are? The CDC has a VAERS tool that lets you search in adverse reaction - and there are already a ton of them - bells palsy, death, etc.

Are we killing people at a higher rate by vaccinating them than they would be dying if they got infected?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 12:34 AM   #6411
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

I have told my wife to stop putting the local and state part of our sunday paper in the bottom of the bird cage. I will now post the Central Fla statistics on Covid -19 here on Monday's. Sunday is the only day we get a newspaper. So it will be official from our local central government. and that's all we know but i will share it with you.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 08:39 AM   #6412
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downing Street says reuniting families will be a key ambition of the PM's strategy for easing the lockdown in England.

Care home residents in England will be allowed to pick one person to visit them regularly from 8 March, the government says.

PM Boris Johnson will reveal his road map for easing lockdown in England on Monday.

In Scotland, care home residents will be allowed two designated visitors from early March.

The UK should donate vaccines to developing countries now rather than waiting until it has a surplus, the World Trade Organization says.

It comes after Johnson said the UK would donate most of its surplus supply to poorer nations.

G7 leaders have pledged to increase their contribution to the Covax vaccine-sharing initiative.

Another 533 people have died in the UK within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test and there are 12,027 new cases reported.

Old 02-20-21, 08:47 AM   #6413
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Dutch Senate has backed emergency legislation to maintain a night-time coronavirus curfew after a court ruled earlier in the week that the measure lacked legal justification.

Russia has registered its third Covid-19 vaccine named Covivac, Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin has said, adding it planned to make it available in the country by March.

How are European countries tackling the pandemic?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53640249

Old 02-20-21, 10:15 AM   #6414
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Apparently 3,23m or around 2,2 percent of Russian citizens got the first shot of Sputnik-V.

https://www.rbc.ru/society/20/02/202...7947f5acf0a70a

Regional breakdown below:
Old 02-20-21, 10:44 AM   #6415
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
A gentleman 3 doors down from me was taken to hospital yesterday evening with china virus symptoms, our 50 bungalow complex has been locked down like fort knox since.
I can't blame the authorities for taking such stringent measures as the oldest resident is a 103 yrs old, no visitors are allowed in the complex grounds for at least a fortnight, this yellow peril is getting closer and closer.
Update on my neighbour, his funeral is on the 16th March, he caught the China virus while having an hospital appointment and died in the same one, clap for the NHS our Prime Minister says, how about bleeding crap Bozo, and that goes for the rest of your useless ministers as well.
Old 02-20-21, 12:04 PM   #6416
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Russia reports first human cases of H5N8 bird flu

Imagine if COVID-19 was just the warmup act...
Old 02-20-21, 12:27 PM   #6417
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

/\ I 'speculate the Lhasa/Ebola/Marburg continuum was the warmup; this variation of Covid is simply midstride, and will persist until its more virulent 'variations' begin to kick in' making the current vaccines ineffective... but very profitable for the pharmaceutical companie$! The Black Death of the 1350's & recurrences as late as the 1600's, and present day Algeria, stood at approximately 35-50% mortality and the Mongols even 'weaponized' it; using infected corpses on catapults during sieges'; leading to its introduction to Italian ports and thence all of Europe....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-20-21 at 01:17 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 12:32 PM   #6418
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Maybe mankind triggered the Earth's immunosystem, now getting active to get rid of parasites

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 01:07 PM   #6419
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Yes,but in this case ...who FLU the koop?!! With the ongoing African Swine Fever epidemic: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/17/business/china-pigs-african-swine-fever.html'Twixt the corona virus; the chicken flu; and the swine fever, the worlds largest population is under a three-prong attack; suffering the ravages of Mother Nature's method of overpopulation control: Pigs, Poultry or People..... oh my! hmmm:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

Russia reports first human cases of H5N8 bird flu

Imagine if COVID-19 was just the warmup act...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Maybe mankind triggered the Earth's immunosystem, now getting active to get rid of parasites
Precisely! As stated in a post I can't locate, Goddess Gaeia(Mother Earth) is putting the shoulder to the big problem: ...8 billion+- humanoids (1.8 billion of whom are Sino-humanoids-who at least tried the 1 child rule for while!!) who overeat, overbreed, and overheat the only habitat they've got. China, from whence cometh this actually earth-saving affliction, has yet to impart all of its data to WHO on the Wuhan virus.... We are expendible; the planet is not...thank God we had $3 billion $hekels to send a probe to Mars this week...clearly our priorities R in perfect order!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 01:40 PM   #6420
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Update on my neighbour, his funeral is on the 16th March, he caught the China virus while having an hospital appointment and died in the same one, clap for the NHS our Prime Minister says, how about bleeding crap Bozo, and that goes for the rest of your useless ministers as well.
Very sad indeed, my brother-in-law had it but he recovered thankfully.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan