Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-21, 06:01 PM   #8086
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Or Rabies. But, having recurrent boosters for anything is actually a blessing and not a curse. Some will probably get over their fear of needles, even.
Repetition of tetanus jabs is recommended every ten years. In Germany at least.
Old 08-13-21, 06:07 PM   #8087
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Firstly, Africa and French overseas territories are 3rd world sh!tholes where the medical care is inadequate to begin with...
Thsi doe snoit nchnbage that it is not the old and ill but thwe yougn and healthy and strong formign the vast majority of ICU patients currently, andn that their hospitals are under heavier patient load than last year.

Quote:

Secondly we have studies showing that those who were infected have higher levels of antibodies than those who were vaccinated - and for far longer. There is strong evidence that those who recovered may have lifetime immunity, but that still need further study.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/
This claim is still debated and not decided. Many virologists have moved away from earlier assessments and last year statements that infeciton gives life-.long immunity. The claim of strong immunity even after just mild infection also is debated and there is no consensus on it. Some scientists outright deny that it is so.

Then, mutations can - and some do - bypass existing immunity. Delta an example, I seem to recall thats the problem with Lambda as well, but I am not certain of the latter. But if vaccine-induced immunity is far less successfull against Lambda, which is established knowledge, then it is a reasonable hypothesis to assume that it does also is less prone to naturally won immunity by having been ill. At least as long as natural and vaccinated immunity do not result in two totally different molecular and cellular antibody sets being formed that behave both totally different. And I think that is not the case.
Old 08-13-21, 06:24 PM   #8088
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thsi doe snoit nchnbage that it is not the old and ill but thwe yougn and healthy and strong formign the vast majority of ICU patients currently, andn that their hospitals are under heavier patient load than last year.

This claim is still debated and not decided. Many virologists have moved away from earlier assessments and last year statements that infeciton gives life-.long immunity. The claim of strong immunity even after just mild infection also is debated and there is no consensus on it. Some scientists outright deny that it is so.

Then, mutations can - and some do - bypass existing immunity. Delta an example, I seem to recall thats the problem with Lambda as well, but I am not certain of the latter. But if vaccine-induced immunity is far less successfull against Lambda, which is established knowledge, then it is a reasonable hypothesis to assume that it does also is less prone to naturally won immunity by having been ill. At least as long as natural and vaccinated immunity do not result in two totally different molecular and cellular antibody sets being formed that behave both totally different. And I think that is not the case.
You're really grasping at straws to try and be right...

It doesn't matter *what* is going on, medical care in most African nations is inadequate. They have people dying from infections that a quick dose of antibiotics would cure - of course they can't handle flu, covid, or anything else easily spread.

As to your response about the study - the article I linked to is from *3 months* ago, not last year; and I caveated it. Stop trying so hard to try and prove the rightness of your beliefs and step back and start applying critical thinking skills.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 06:31 PM   #8089
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Repetition of tetanus jabs is recommended every ten years. In Germany at least.
Boosters for bacterial infection are not required here if you’ve already been dosed up as a child. I don’t know anyone who gets a tetanus booster. Though since tetanus is a bacterial infection the antibacterial vaccination is sometimes administered as a precaution if one has been wounded.

A recent paper published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases suggested that tetanus and diphtheria booster vaccines are not necessary for adults who have completed their childhood vaccination series. This advice aligns with the current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations. Reason being is if antibacterial drugs are over used they eventually become ineffective.

So I’m content not to get a tetanus shot unless I really really need one. Last time I got one was in 2006 after I had cut my foot pretty bad.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 06:32 PM   #8090
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
...As to your response about the study - the article I linked to is from *3 months* ago, not last year; and I caveated it. Stop trying so hard to try and prove the rightness of your beliefs and step back and start applying critical thinking skills.
Pretty much sums up how we all think of each other...

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-21, 06:43 PM   #8091
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Pretty much sums up how we all think of each other...
I'm sure we all have our biases, but to simply claim that something isn't true without having actually read it, dissected it, and asked probing questions is intellectually lazy. Most people are happy to digest whatever the media tells them to believe and never stops to even think about whether or not it makes sense. That he said it wasn't proven, despite me having already caveated it by saying more study is necessary, illustrates he didn't even read the article.

I also find it rather hilariously ironic that the study discussed in the article was funded by Fauci's NIAID - and it contradicts several of Fauci's proclamations, further illustrating that he is an administrator, not a practicing immunologist (if he ever was actually a good one to begin with us another topic of discussion).
Old 08-13-21, 09:02 PM   #8092
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Well, lookie there. Someone hates (fears) Dr. Fauci. Go figure.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/director
Old 08-13-21, 09:07 PM   #8093
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

That's Skybird. He ain't ever been wrong, according to him.

Quote:
As to your response about the study - the article I linked to is from *3 months* ago, not last year; and I caveated it. Stop trying so hard to try and prove the rightness of your beliefs and step back and start applying critical thinking skills.

From the article:

Months after recovering from mild cases of COVID-19, people still have immune cells in their body pumping out antibodies against the virus that causes COVID-19, according to a study from researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Such cells could persist for a lifetime, churning out antibodies all the while.
The findings, published May 24 in the journal Nature, suggest that mild cases of COVID-19 leave those infected with lasting antibody protection and that repeated bouts of illness are likely to be uncommon.
“Last fall, there were reports that antibodies wane quickly after infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, and mainstream media interpreted that to mean that immunity was not long-lived,” said senior author Ali Ellebedy, PhD, an associate professor of pathology & immunology, of medicine and of molecular microbiology. “But that’s a misinterpretation of the data. It’s normal for antibody levels to go down after acute infection, but they don’t go down to zero; they plateau. Here, we found antibody-producing cells in people 11 months after first symptoms. These cells will live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives. That’s strong evidence for long-lasting immunity.”

I like that part.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 03:58 AM   #8094
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Boosters for bacterial infection are not required here if you’ve already been dosed up as a child. I don’t know anyone who gets a tetanus booster. Though since tetanus is a bacterial infection the antibacterial vaccination is sometimes administered as a precaution if one has been wounded.

A recent paper published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases suggested that tetanus and diphtheria booster vaccines are not necessary for adults who have completed their childhood vaccination series. This advice aligns with the current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations. Reason being is if antibacterial drugs are over used they eventually become ineffective.

So I’m content not to get a tetanus shot unless I really really need one. Last time I got one was in 2006 after I had cut my foot pretty bad.
Over here, health ministry and its vaccination expert gremium names StIko (ständige Impfkommission) recommends all adults tp refresh jabs against Pertussis, Tetanus and Diphteria every ten years. Different to 3catcircus' rants there are deseases where you can lose over time suffiecient immunity protection and then would not fight off infection when exposition takes place. With some others, immunity stays at sufficient levels all life long.

ITS NOT THE SAME WITH JUST ANY DESEASE AND JAB.

Its also demonstrated from across all world that repeated infections with Covid 19 can and do happen. It was assumed early that these were first infecters who never really got fully cured and so did not fully recover. While this also happens, we know by no that this does explain only parts of those cases. The antibody level against cov19 wanes over time, and so it becomesless protective. It can drp below levels where you are no longer save from infection, and can drop further where you are no more safe from serious cases of infection and need hospitalization. If there are not enough antibodies remaining on patrol, the reaction of immune system and the restarting of production of need ed war material is being delayed. Thats the time virus levels can replicate again to dangerous levels. The more antibodies remain in the bloodstream, the faster the new invasion is recogni
Zed and the fight taken to the enemy while the factories produce wargoods.

Its also that mutated corona virusses may not be targetted by existing antibodies anymore. The immune system then needs to build new weapons. It either learns that by the patient being ill and surviving, or by a new jab with intel information.
I posted a study or at referred to it some weeks ago that explained what components of the immune systems army remain active aftrer an infection and serve as a living memory for IDying this latest enemy. The fewer such guardians there are, the worse early recce works. Its all about the reaction time of central command.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-14-21 at 05:37 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 05:57 AM   #8095
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-21, 06:28 AM   #8096
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That's Skybird. He ain't ever been wrong, according to him.

From the article:

Months after recovering from mild cases of COVID-19, people still have immune cells in their body pumping out antibodies against the virus that causes COVID-19, according to a study from researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Such cells could persist for a lifetime, churning out antibodies all the while.
The findings, published May 24 in the journal Nature, suggest that mild cases of COVID-19 leave those infected with lasting antibody protection and that repeated bouts of illness are likely to be uncommon.
“Last fall, there were reports that antibodies wane quickly after infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, and mainstream media interpreted that to mean that immunity was not long-lived,” said senior author Ali Ellebedy, PhD, an associate professor of pathology & immunology, of medicine and of molecular microbiology. “But that’s a misinterpretation of the data. It’s normal for antibody levels to go down after acute infection, but they don’t go down to zero; they plateau. Here, we found antibody-producing cells in people 11 months after first symptoms. These cells will live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives. That’s strong evidence for long-lasting immunity.”

I like that part.
Yep - those of us who have a background in it understood that from the beginning. Which is also very likely why my covid case was mild - I had had a very bad cold in my teens that presented pretty much exactly like covid, with a lingering cough for almost 2 months after. My doctor declared "I don't know what it is but it's not rhinovirus." Since adenoviruses present similarly, it could have been that rather than a coronavirus. The world will never know...
Old 08-14-21, 05:18 PM   #8097
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Well, lookie there. Someone hates (fears) Dr. Fauci. Go figure.
Seems like a reasonable guy to me.

https://leakedreality.com/embed/349e537c9c4d427f2614
Old 08-14-21, 07:02 PM   #8098
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
Seems like a reasonable guy to me.

https://leakedreality.com/embed/349e537c9c4d427f2614
Depends on which news network is paying extra for his views

He makes more than the POTUS
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-21, 05:32 AM   #8099
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-15-21, 01:24 PM   #8100
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan