SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-28-09, 06:45 AM   #1681
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
Just a quick question, will these mods work with Ops_Monsun and OMEGU without any problems?

RUIM v1.0 for SH4 v1.5
RUIM enlisted Ranks addon
RUIM awards add-on

Thank you.

No, it is not compatible
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 06:48 AM   #1682
Kromus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Thank you
Kromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 08:03 AM   #1683
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post

I designed my mods to work a certain way. If you start "mixing and matching" elements of my mod with other peoples work it " not my problem".
Please note that my post in no way ment "hey, whats wrong, its not working".
I am trying to understand how modding works. And as I see in you one of the most competent modders i regularly come across (I dont mean to be rude to any of the other authors of great mods) you are the first that i would ask when i seek advice. This is especially true as I use mostly your mods as examples of "how to do modding".

As english is not my primary language my request might have been misunderstood. I'm sorry if this was the case.
If your response is something like "Figure it out yourself, this is exactly what i did, too", I can live with that.

All I want to achieve is being able to give something back to the community which produced a lot of great mods (actually mods that prevented me to lose interest in a game within a couple of weeks, which normally happens)
My hope was that with your help I could understand the structures of the game earlier.
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 02:22 PM   #1684
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
Please note that my post in no way ment "hey, whats wrong, its not working".
I am trying to understand how modding works. And as I see in you one of the most competent modders i regularly come across (I dont mean to be rude to any of the other authors of great mods) you are the first that i would ask when i seek advice. This is especially true as I use mostly your mods as examples of "how to do modding".

As english is not my primary language my request might have been misunderstood. I'm sorry if this was the case.
If your response is something like "Figure it out yourself, this is exactly what i did, too", I can live with that.

All I want to achieve is being able to give something back to the community which produced a lot of great mods (actually mods that prevented me to lose interest in a game within a couple of weeks, which normally happens)
My hope was that with your help I could understand the structures of the game earlier.
Good question, I would read all the documentation that Lurker includes in OM and OMEGU and then I would download skwas' wonderful program called S3D and begin looking at the changes that were made in the mods to the stock files.

Also, if you go to the sub sim central forum see the link in my sig there is more technology discussion as to how the ideas and changes came about, you are free to search there also. OM has been ongoing for quite some time and therefore has a long history of changes.

Best of luck.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 07:00 AM   #1685
othr
Mate

Downloads: 83
Default Upgrade messed up my boat

Flotilla: VIIth Flotilla
Boat: VIIC
Date: July 15, 1943
Mods: OM 705, OM 705_to_V715A, OMv715_patch1

As I entered the base I was given the message that the conning tower was upgraded to Turmumbau II now the boat is messed up and can only hold antiaircraft guns, any order given to the crew is met with: Cannot comply Here is the screenshot of the available equipment slots.

othr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 08:57 AM   #1686
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by othr View Post
As I entered the base I was given the message that the conning tower was upgraded to Turmumbau II now the boat is messed up and can only hold antiaircraft guns, any order given to the crew is met with: Cannot comply Here is the screenshot of the available equipment slots.
IIRC deckguns were removed from most subs in 1943 so your missing deckguns are historical.
With 'any order', do you mean 'any order given to the deckgun crew' or 'any order given to anyone'?

DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 09:04 AM   #1687
othr
Mate

It's just not the deck gun that's missing, everything is missing except AA guns. That is radar, decoys, hydrophone, radar detection device. Also the crew compartments are messed up, there is no sonar/radio room slots in the crew page either. The campaign was started in Sept. 1939.

The crew will not perform any order except fire AA guns, that is can't move the boat, can't dive, turn etc.

Broken equipment page:

Broken crew page:

I just tried a new campaign starting in August 1943 to see if there is something wrong with the data files but the VIIC there had all the slots for crew and equipment, so I assume there is something wrong with campaign progression and upgrades. This is what the pages should look like:

Last edited by othr; 09-29-09 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 05:10 PM   #1688
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
It's just not the deck gun that's missing, everything is missing except AA guns.=
I have never seen this problem before. Do you still have your "campaign files" or did you delete them?
Old 09-29-09, 06:52 PM   #1689
othr
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
I have never seen this problem before. Do you still have your "campaign files" or did you delete them?
Yes, I do. I didn't delete anything. Would you like the files? If yes, which files exactly would they be? Thanks.
Old 09-29-09, 07:56 PM   #1690
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, I do. I didn't delete anything. Would you like the files? If yes, which files exactly would they be? Thanks.

I would like you to go to the SH4 directory in "My Documents" and compress all the data the cfg directory ( use 7z compression tool ) then post it on "File Front" so I can download it. Then I'll go a code review and see what happened.
Old 09-30-09, 02:45 AM   #1691
othr
Mate

I sent you a PM with the link to the files. There are 2 save games in there, beforedocking - the boat is still OK and using the old conning tower
afterdocking - after the conning tower upgrade...

I just did one more thing, sailed out to sea for additional 2 weeks and instead of docking on Jul. 15, 1943 I docked on Aug. 8, 1943 and did not get the conning tower upgrade. Hope this helps.

Last edited by othr; 09-30-09 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-30-09, 06:51 AM   #1692
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
I sent you a PM with the link to the files. There are 2 save games in there, beforedocking - the boat is still OK and using the old conning tower
afterdocking - after the conning tower upgrade...

I just did one more thing, sailed out to sea for additional 2 weeks and instead of docking on Jul. 15, 1943 I docked on Aug. 8, 1943 and did not get the conning tower upgrade. Hope this helps.
I've recreated your problem, trying to workup a fix, but this one is pretty nasty. What happening is the system is trying to give you "US" equipment and the ActiveUserPlayerUnit.upc file is corrupted. So far I have "SledgeHammer" fix but it "breaks" the PTO side of the game and that is "unacceptable" to me. Will keep working on it

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 10-01-09 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-01-09, 12:42 AM   #1693
othr
Mate

Thanks a bunch! I think I started this campaign about 2 months ago and would love to be able to finish it

EDIT:

I tried to follow your directions but that didn't help. I play only with your mod only, I'm not really interested in the Pacific campaign so the UserPlayerContext directory was empty as I've never tried the american side of the silent war. Instead I made a new campaign starting in Aug 1943, copied the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.cfg from there to my save directory. Cost me my crew but at least it lets me play while you figure it out.

Last edited by othr; 10-01-09 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-01-09, 04:55 PM   #1694
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Thanks a bunch! I think I started this campaign about 2 months ago and would love to be able to finish it

EDIT:

I tried to follow your directions but that didn't help. I play only with your mod only, I'm not really interested in the Pacific campaign so the UserPlayerContext directory was empty as I've never tried the american side of the silent war. Instead I made a new campaign starting in Aug 1943, copied the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.cfg from there to my save directory. Cost me my crew but at least it lets me play while you figure it out.

In the file you sent the UserPlayerContext had data in it. This problem my be unfixable. I have had three different fixes in the works that appeared to work, however follow on testing showed that they failed.

The bottom line is that for what ever reason the system decides to "read" the upgrade information in the "US" version of UpgradePacks.upc . It should be noted that in the case of the file structure in the SH4 directory's in "MY Documents" and the UPCDATA directory's the US files come first

The only sure fire fix is to remove the "Turm" upgrades from the VIIC, IXB and IXC.

I'm currently debating how I'm going to proceed.
Old 10-01-09, 07:39 PM   #1695
othr
Mate

One solution that comes to mind would be to set boats with older types of conning towers as retired. Not sure if that would require you to create new boat types, let's say VIICTurmI that retires on Aug 1943, then VIICTurmII takes over etc...