SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-21, 11:35 AM   #181
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

The Pandemic was rigged just like the election so they can blame Trump, it’s called a false flag campaign you could walk outside now and not worry.

People that hate America because of Trump respond in 3... 2... 1... go!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 11:43 AM   #182
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
The Pandemic was rigged just like the election so they can blame Trump, it’s called a false flag campaign you could walk outside now and not worry.

That may be believable however, how do you explain the COVID virus around the world affecting millions of people who for a lack of a better sentence, could care any less about Trump and an election?
Old 01-26-21, 11:52 AM   #183
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Which also makes me wonder. How could this be archived when almost every country in the west has an independent free media-It's not like we live in a country like North Korea-where the state decide what you are allowed to read.

Oh manner-I think it would be any American journalist biggest dream to get the pulitzer price if they could smell a big story behind the Corona.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:33 PM   #184
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post

As the Senior Moderator around these parts I'd politely ask members not to respond to what imo is borderline clickbait.

This thread and said contents is constantly under review.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:53 PM   #185
bstanko6
Admiral

Jimbuna...

I understand that. But isn’t anything politics related clickbait?

You must risk being offensive in order to think - Jordan Peterson

DISCORD
Old 01-26-21, 12:58 PM   #186
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63

My one concern is that any responses turn the heat up on this thread and lead to remedial action measures....we'll see what if anything transpires.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 01:01 PM   #187
bstanko6
Admiral

I wouldn’t want to see anyone be disciplined.

As a suggestion, and in light of the new USA policy of anti free speech...

May I suggest this thread be take. Down?

Just a suggestion.

DISCORD
Old 01-26-21, 02:59 PM   #188
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

We aren't taking the thread down, but we would like to see a little more deliberate thought put into the replies. If a member seems to post solely to provoke others, it's not what we consider productive discussion.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 03:36 PM   #189
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

how about a cartoon...
Old 01-26-21, 04:13 PM   #190
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Bstanko, Its probably safe to say nobody here, there, or anywhere knows if any election is ever on the up and up in every state where disputes are raised. We like to think we do but lets face it the general population just doesn't know one way or the other.

But this system has prevailed for almost 250 years to give us a peaceful transitions of power, its unlike any other in the world. We must have faith in this system and its institutions. That same kind of faith when we dont have a damn clue how to fly a plane yet place our trust in a pilot and aircraft we know nothing about that gets us to our destination safely. It's been official for several weeks now, Trump lost the election. Like Nixon and Kennedy in Illinois or Al Gore and Bush in Florida. He should have been civic minded enough to concede and step down gracefully in order to preserve the faith people have in our institutions.

Now, even though I dont think him responsible for the actions of those who became violent in D.C.. And even though I believe he and others had the constitutional right to peaceably assemble and have their voices heard. I do see as our greatest threat to democracy those who continue to spread doubt and weaken our faith in a system that has preserved our country a lot longer than any of us have been alive.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 05:32 PM   #191
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
We must have faith in this system and its institutions.

I have plenty of faith in the system and it's institutions, the people running them on the other hand, I have absolutely no trust at all.

Our system of voting used to work pretty good but now with electronic voting machines, mail in voting, unsupervised drop boxes and the outright ignoring of voting laws and regulations, it has become vulnerable to large scale manipulation.

The constant shouting down of everyone who testifies to witnessing it or even just thinks there may be some flames behind all the obvious smoke just proves to me that there is something to it.

The last thing we should do is shut up and take it for the good of the country as you suggest. As long as this is not fixed we don't have a country, we have an banana dictatorship and with troops patrolling the streets and the increasingly severe civil liberty crackdowns it's looking more and more like one too.

The time to fight that is now because it will just get more difficult as they cement their hold on power.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 06:08 PM   #192
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Rand Paul doesn't mince words here:

Old 01-26-21, 07:53 PM   #193
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

Now, even though I dont think him responsible for the actions of those who became violent in D.C.. [...]
Make no mistake; your ex-president and his entourage are to be held responsible. Vocabulary like "we march to the capitol, I'll be right there with you.." (that was a lie - guess who said that), "the trial by combat", "the republicans who are not with us - we're coming to get you" amidst a heated crowd - that's playing with matchsticks in the middle of an oil field (not a perfect picture - the situation was more flammable than that).
Even if your former president lacked the insight of how violent some of his followers were (which I doubt, since he's the greatest president ever and knows about crouds, right?) - he has one of the best agencies of the world at his disposal. (Put another way: he's not some weird uncle who says odd things occasionally and can't be taken too seriously).
What would have happened if the mob, chanting "hang mike pence" actually found mike pence? and why did they want to do that? Your former president simply announced that he must, because it was in his power, stop the election, when his job was really only to announce the outcome of the vote. That's a bit like demanding Faye Dunaway's head because she announced the oscar went to "LaLa Land" (which is again an unideal picture, as Lala Land wasn't the actual winner).

German democracy knows a thing or two about how easily it is lost, so believe me that your democracy was - and still is - in great danger;
if the march on the capitol was not a powergrab (which I doubt, since without the military on your side, you have little hope of succeding), then it was an intimidation. One that did not work to bad on some senators. This man is trying to overcome the division of power (which becomes evident when you witness how p**sed he was as supreme court would back him although they owed him the position). He's dividing your populace in "us" and "them", he's condemning the media who's not on his side (even fox as soon as they begin to start asking questions), he is empowering law & order, not halting at death sentence. he's undermining your voting system. and the list goes on and who would think that these are good things?

I do ask forgiveness from @neil and @akktung, but, from a neutral party, this must be understood or dire consequences faced.

Last edited by Sonicfire1981; 01-26-21 at 08:28 PM.
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 08:29 PM   #194
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
Make no mistake; your ex-president and his entourage are to be held responsible.

No they won't. This latest partisan attempt will fail just like all the others have.
Old 01-26-21, 08:41 PM   #195
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Very likely but I'll just wait and see.

I'm curious why you dumped your NE patriots sig?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote