SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-20, 09:44 AM   #1096
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Spain declares nation-wide state of emergency.
Quote:
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has declared a 15-day state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic.
No details yet, but perhaps they will follow Italy and declare a nation-wide lockdown soon. Should be interesting...

Americans flee Spain as country declares state of emergency.
Quote:
US citizens are waving goodbye to Spain as the country declared a state of emergency and President Trump sharply restricted travel to the United States from more than two dozen European countries.

After three days of quarantine measures, Madrid's public transport was deserted, main roads were traffic-free and department stores in the city center were almost empty.

Schools, libraries and theaters were closed, with even outdoor playgrounds sealed off.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-13-20 at 10:25 AM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 10:09 AM   #1097
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

China says a lot of things, but they never did stop the huge amount of drug trafficking that kills more people than the Covid-19 and they still ship dog food and pet food that kills your pets.

They use forced labor to produce their goods and are you ready for this all (I say all) antibiotics are produced in China.

But wait I haven't had my morning coffee yet ... what happens when this is over will we see what we did by trusting China for cheaper goods?

I hope so

The list of closers is growing to fast to list them all ... Here's a list

Coronavirus closures: List of events, sports, and more canceled amid covid-19 fears

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...8immMsv4D62G18
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 10:27 AM   #1098
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

I just found who was hoarding the toilet paper:

Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 10:41 AM   #1099
Traveller
Captain

Vast coronavirus burial trenches in Iran visible in satellite photos.

https://mobile.twitter.com/washingto...01039330603008

See all the white in the photo? Are those wrapped bodies? How many can those massive trenches hold? 10,000? 50,000?

Last edited by Traveller; 03-13-20 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-13-20, 10:51 AM   #1100
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Vast coronavirus burial trenches in Iran visible in satellite photos.

https://mobile.twitter.com/washingto...01039330603008

See all those white dots in the photo? Those are wrapped bodies. How many can those massive trenches hold? 10,000? 50,000?
Wow! Thank you, but I can't believe how many people (including famous people) that hate trump on social media like Twitter.

That's why I don't go there I guess
or achievement

Old 03-13-20, 10:56 AM   #1101
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Wow! Thank you, but I can't believe how many people (including famous people) that hate trump on social media like Twitter.

That's why I don't go there I guess
Twitter is full of hate and vitriol. Absolutely horrible form of social media.
Old 03-13-20, 11:08 AM   #1102
Traveller
Captain

I despise all social media, but please try to overlook the fact that it was a Washington Post Twitter post. The main thing is that this is probable proof the virus has perhaps already killed tens of thousands in Iran.

Italians must fill out paperwork to buy groceries or visit hospitals.
Quote:
The Italian government has required the public to fill out paperwork in order to leave their own homes to perform commonplace tasks, such as buying groceries or visiting the hospital. The new quarantine rules are a result of the draconian measures taken by the Italian government in an attempt to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Italians who are caught outside of their houses without the proper forms filled out could face criminal charges, fines up to €206, and potentially up to three months in prison, reports La Repubblica.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...buy-groceries/
Old 03-13-20, 11:14 AM   #1103
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
I despise all social networking, but please try to overlook the fact that it was a Washington Post Twitter post. The main thing is that this is probable proof the virus has perhaps already killed tens of thousands in Iran.

Italians must fill out paperwork to buy groceries or visit hospitals.https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...buy-groceries/
Iran can't keep it secret forever ... this may be the straw that breaks religion in Iran as the people rebel against a lying regime
or achievement

Old 03-13-20, 11:17 AM   #1104
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

And don't you think you are in your own echo chamber here? As for interpreting sat pictures to make them say whatever one wants, it's so classical I wouldn't give them much attention. After all, we also saw tons of videos and the such 'proving' there were tens of thousands fatalities in China, etc.

Don't get to caught up in confirmation bias, it's an easy way to make massive errors, like back in 2003. Satellite photos were involved as well, if I remember correctly.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 11:18 AM   #1105
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Urgent: China says COVID-19 peak is over

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/202...IicpSQ1ALB4_GI
I am willing to bet money on that there will be a second wave (and maybe even a third wave) in a couple of months. And I bet that China will not allow easily any words being reported on that, because: the allmighty party has decided that the issue is to be over, and so it has to be over. Anything else would be an affront to the party and his divine entity emperor Xi, who are allmighty and inerrant and always right and all-potent and absolute and total and wonderful and great.

One should not have believed a word of what china claims on anything in the past. And in the future, any claim on Covid-19 being defeated should be believed even less. They lie, lie, lie, and will do so in the time to come.

Its not even worth to report what the government says on these things. I suggest we simply do not post it. It only spreads their propaganda. Because some, few useful idiots they always will pick up with their noise. Since their science reports are heavily censored as well, even academic conversations must be taken with utmost care and hesitation. Never forget: China has no interst whatever to let the world learn about he real dimension of what has happend on Tianmen Plaza. Or with the Uigures. Or in Tibet. Or regarding Corvid-19. Saving one's face is more important than truth. Saving once's face is more important than lives. Saving once's face even justifies murder and mass murder.
Old 03-13-20, 11:21 AM   #1106
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I am willing to bet money on that there will be a second wave (and maybe even a third wave) in a couple of months. And I bet that China will not allow any words beign rported ont hat, becasue: the allmighty part has decided that the issue is to be over, and so it has to be over. Anythign else would be an affront to the party and his divine entity emperor Xi, who are allmighty and inerrant and always right and all potent and absolute and total and wonderful and great.

One should not have beleived a word of what chian colaism on anythign in the past. And int e future, any claim ion Cowvid-19 should be believed even less. They lie, lie, lie, and will do so in the time to come.

Its not even worth to report what the government says on these things. I suggest we simply do not post it. It only spreads their propaganda. Because some, few useful idiots they always will pick up with their noise. Since thewir scince reprots are heaivly censored as wlel, even academic conversations must be taken with utmost care and hesitation. Never fogret: China has no interst whatevber to let the world learn abiotut he rela diemnsjion of what has happend on Tianmen Plaza. Or with the Uigures. Or in Tibet. Or regarding Corvid-19. Saving one's face is more important than truth. Saving once's face is more important than lives. Saving once's face even justifies murder and mass murder.
If and when there is a second wave there will be a vaccination. Most come out of this with rest and over the counter medications. It is no worse than SARS.
Old 03-13-20, 11:28 AM   #1107
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
If and when there is a second wave there will be a vaccination. Most come out of this with rest and over the counter medications. It is no worse than SARS.
We do not know when a vaccination comes, but it is nto epxetced before deep in 2021. Seaosnl flu has a seocn wave just 4-7 months after the first one, and suually is about twice as intense. Seaosnal flu usually doe snot mutate, the risk in the Corna virus now is unassessable, it couidl mutate once again anytime. There already are two strains, Italians thoink they have a third strain. You need vaccinations for ever ystrain, not just for one.

You COULD be right, but you have no reason and arugment for optimism.

BTW, MERS is running UNTIL TODAY.

The Chinese population is not saturated with immunised individuals. Thus the virus, which is still there and in the wild, will spread again. Assuming it will not, has no basis currently.
Old 03-13-20, 11:30 AM   #1108
Traveller
Captain

AVG, a second, larger wave will hit once their lockdown ends and workers head back to idled factories, offices, stores, etc.

The minimum time to develop, test, manufacture, and distribute a new coronavirus vaccine is 12-18 months (but more realistically 2-4 years in my opinion, which would still be a world record). The SARS vaccine took 7 years to develop and distribute.

But even if a vaccine is eventually created, experts are now saying this new coronavirus will probably become seasonal (will probably mutate frequently like the cold virus, which also belongs to the larger coronavirus family), and is here to stay- same as influenza and cold viruses. But unlike influenza, this new coronavirus is about 6x more contagious and at least 10x deadlier. Even with a yearly vaccine, the flu still kills about 600,000 per year worldwide on average. So we could still be looking at 6 million deaths per year on average with a vaccine.

For herd immunity to occur, approximately 70% of the world's population must become infected, which (according to epidemiology experts) will probably happen within the next 12-18 months- well before a vaccine is ready. And remember that if this virus frequently mutates like other coronaviruses do, herd immunity won't last long and everyone will be reinfected with each new mutated strain. Just remember that at any given time, there are approximately 200 new and different strains of the common cold virus each year (which is why they cannot create a vaccine or cure).

My greatest fear is the possibility of this new virus regularly mutating into hundreds of different strains like the cold virus does. If that were to happen, there will never be an effective vaccine or herd immunity. And if it maintains it's R0 of 6, plus a CFR of 5%, we could be looking at hundreds of millions of deaths per year, with no way to maintain a functional modern society. Let's pray it doesn't come down to that.

Either way, best fasten your seat belt now, because this ride is just beginning.

Miami mayor tests positive for coronavirus.
Quote:
Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has tested positive for coronavirus, his spokesperson said.

The mayor's office said he feels well and is not showing any symptoms. He remains in quarantine.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-13-20 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-13-20, 11:38 AM   #1109
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(Warning a joke input)

Regarding toilet paper.

I have many years ago heard some expert saying about 2/3 of us believe more or less in some conspiracy

Back to this toilet paper thing.

Someone have plantet an idea in cyberspace that covering the entire body with toilet paper will protect one from being infected by this Corona.

So now you know the reason to why 2/3 of the human have been hoarding toilet paper.

End of a joke input

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 11:43 AM   #1110
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Maybe the pharaohs.. oh better not

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan