vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I see a TV show here.

[Concept pitch at a TV Network, 2021]:

"We have a brilliant idea for a new Fall show: a new reality show where we follow around Trump after he's deposed and we observe him trying to salvage what's left of his former empire; each week, he goes and tries to make a new deal or tries to get on some sort of social media, but each week he fails, and at the end someone says...

'You're Impeached!!'...

What's that? You don't think you'd get enough viewers, not enough interest in Trump anymore...?...

Well... how about a new sitcom with a talking orangutan? Ya love it? Great, we'll get right on it!..."...

<O>
Old 01-14-21, 12:47 AM   #12872
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
[Concept pitch at a TV Network, 2021]:

"We have a brilliant idea for a new Fall show: a new reality show where we follow around Trump after he's deposed and we observe him trying to salvage what's left of his former empire; each week, he goes and tries to make a new deal or tries to get on some sort of social media, but each week he fails, and at the end someone says...

'You're Impeached!!'...

What's that? You don't think you'd get enough viewers, not enough interest in Trump anymore...?...

Well... how about a new sitcom with a talking orangutan? Ya love it? Great, we'll get right on it!..."...

<O>
That was cruel but strangely funny at the same time.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-14-21, 12:53 AM   #12873
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
That was cruel but strangely funny at the same time.

Many of my exes have also so described me...

<O>
Old 01-14-21, 12:57 AM   #12874
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Its still the same porked and useless impeachment mechanism as last time.

If a crime court's procedures and rules for it are designed to have the case not decided by evidence and an independent judge, but by the number of present audience being fans of the accused or maybe even being members of his criminal clan, and them forming the sworn-ins, then you can leave it alltogether, for this is nothing worth to waste time with.You wont get justice, you wont reach liabiltiy according to the law, and evidence will mean nothing.

You need the rules, the evidence, and both being judged by an independent judge.

But impeachment has no independent judging instance in it, but gets decided by the accused and his people.

A mechanism designed to be pointless and malfunctioning. It does not become any better just by repeating it. It shluld be a safety for the people, to get rid of somebody who they voted for and then showed to be suchh a huige offender that he poses a clear and present danger to the people and the country. It shopuld be a safety to get rid of him BEFORE he has used his full term to maximise hios damages. Ther eshould be hurdles high that preventing oppotunistic abuse in everyday politcla rumbling. But for specila cases as serious as now, the safety function is to be able to get rid of the offender before he can maximise his damage by servign a full term. If this is not understood or wanted, you can delete the whole impeachment rule. Because then impeachment itself has become an opportunistic abuse.

In Italy they have launched a big court case against the Nangdretha/Mafia. Would it have made sense to let Mafia members and family members of the accused having the seats of the judges? No. But with US impeachment and party members of the president deciding whether ti goes ahead or not, leaving the decision to those having own skin in the game, it suddenly should make sense?

An idiotic assumption. The deciding judge, referee, decision maker, must be neither assuser nor defender. Must be a third instance. There is no third instance in impeachement. Thats why in sports referees are ideally free of any affiliations to the playing clubs and teams.

Is there a need for a sports match referee who tells the one team: you can score as many goals as you want, I do not care an dit will not make a difference, I will rate the game as a 0:4 loss agaiunst you anyway, always?

But with such a obscur election system, nothing should suprise there. Its an invitation for abuse and manipulation.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-14-21 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-14-21, 02:25 AM   #12875
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Meh, I've moved on. Bring on cornpop and let's put the shoe on the other foot.
Old 01-14-21, 03:35 AM   #12876
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The carnival of hypocrisy:
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/13/o...tis/index.html
Old 01-14-21, 08:36 AM   #12877
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Its still the same porked and useless impeachment mechanism as last time.
You've got to remember that it isn't just about removing or punishing Trump, it is also about setting a precedent so no future president can use inaction in past case(s) as his/her defense. And of course, putting on record all the GOP members who voted against impeachment even after what happened on Jan 6th.
Old 01-14-21, 09:09 AM   #12878
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I don't remember ... or Hillary Clinton embarrassing their own party nor them refusing to acknowledge election results after ballot recertification and/or Supreme Court pronouncement
I do. To this day Clinton persists in her beliefs about the 2016 election. She even wrote a book about it. No she didn't get people to riot but what she did do is poison the minds of people about the 2016 election. It turns out that what she falsely accused Trump of doing, she and her campaign actually did. Secretly getting foreign actors to influence the election. Had she won that election and with a GOP controled Congress she most could have been impeached.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-14-21, 10:01 AM   #12879
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 The song remains the same,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Meh, I've moved on. Bring on cornpop and let's put the shoe on the other foot.
I'll have some of that popcorn please.
Looks like there are some good socially distanced seats over there,
Fox news and friends are still playingthe farcical song of voting irregularities. Spooning up the bovine scat for the gullible masses to swallow with a smile.
Let's all give Mister Trump a warm boot in his back side on his way out.
I'll use this boot on th other foot and then put some mileage on it as I head for greener pastures that aren't littered with the rectal eminations of male cows.

Tomorrow never comes
Old 01-14-21, 11:00 AM   #12880
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
You've got to remember that it isn't just about removing or punishing Trump, it is also about setting a precedent so no future president can use inaction in past case(s) as his/her defense. And of course, putting on record all the GOP members who voted against impeachment even after what happened on Jan 6th.
True Dowly, but also the fact that they are worried about Trump being able to run for office again (any office) Trump obviously has huge following and could come back to bite their butts in a few years.

Perhaps not as POTUS, but he could run the table against the Pelosi Party
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-14-21, 11:51 AM   #12881
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

( Off topic post)

It's not only in USA a politician(the President) is impeach.
A former Danish minister face impeachment.

Quote:
In the impeachment trial, which would be only Denmark’s sixth in more than 170 years and the first since 1995, she is accused of knowingly breaking the law in 2016 by ordering the separation of underage refugee couples.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-d...-idUSKBN29J1K8

Markus

(End of off topic post)
mapuc is online  
Old 01-14-21, 01:04 PM   #12882
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I do. To this day Clinton persists in her beliefs about the 2016 election. She even wrote a book about it. No she didn't get people to riot but what she did do is poison the minds of people about the 2016 election. It turns out that what she falsely accused Trump of doing, she and her campaign actually did. Secretly getting foreign actors to influence the election. Had she won that election and with a GOP controled Congress she most could have been impeached.
I wasn't aware of that book; before I answer, could you please resume for me Hilary Clinton's allegations, or could you point me to any unbiased internet document resuming them?

I don't like discussing about stuff I don't know at all
Old 01-14-21, 01:21 PM   #12883
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Correct me if I'm wrong but despite the fact the trial will be held after the president leaves office next Wednesday, if Trump is convicted, senators could also vote to bar him from ever holding public office again.

Is that correct?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-14-21, 01:24 PM   #12884
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Lady Gaga and Jennifer Lopez are to perform at the inauguration ceremony for incoming US President Joe Biden.

Lady Gaga campaigned for Mr Biden during the election, appearing with him on the eve of the presidential election last November.

She will sing the national anthem at the ceremony on 20 January. Lopez, who also endorsed Mr Biden last year, will give a separate musical performance.

After the ceremony, Tom Hanks will host a star-studded televised special.

Titled Celebrating America, the 90-minute prime-time programme will also feature US musicians Jon Bon Jovi, Demi Lovato, Justin Timberlake and Ant Clemons, and will be broadcast live by ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC and MSNBC.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55660110

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-14-21, 01:32 PM   #12885
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I wasn't aware of that book; before I answer, could you please resume for me Hilary Clinton's allegations, or could you point me to any unbiased internet document resuming them?

I don't like discussing about stuff I don't know at all
I google searched hillary Clinton says russians helped trump in 2016 and these articles were on the first page.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...016/649864001/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...-trump-n643216

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/06/u...on-russia.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN10B0ST

https://www.businessinsider.com/hill...lection-2017-9

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter