SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Seahunter
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-19, 09:09 PM   #1
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Hello all together, i just want short to show a little of Seahunter

Hello Community, i am happy to show you my Seahunter here.

** IMPORTANT ** i want to set this to the Begin again:
This is a DEVELOPMENT SCENE! Effekts, the other Models (Outside of the I400) and the Inside of the Sei Ran, are NOT in her final Form here
So dont Panik, here it s only about the I 400 )

I will show Seahunter later this Week, in a few more Details than only this Video

Please do not be mad with me, it is 4:03 AM here @ my Time,
and i am tired, and need to go to sleep.

But to show you a little, what awaits you, and to get you some Staff to ask,
i will show you the Development Trailer of my I400.

The Submarine is completly final, the Sei-Ran only missing the Cockpit Textures, and the Inside Animation. Coming soon the next Days.

Seahunter will join at August to Kickstarter ( i explain later why )
and will be end of the Year 2019, to Steam as an Early Access Game.
The development is already well advanced.

Here in the forum, there is room for your questions, but also your wishes. If I can install it, I do that. I will present my project later in more detail, but I did not want to leave the forum empty. Best regards to you all and always good hunting. Andy / Smoking Head Software.

( Important: This is a DEVELOPMENT Trailer, in a DEVELOPMENT Scene,
so the Destroyers are just Placeholders, and the Torpedo System
is "cheated" for real, you need to use Periskop for targeting.
in the Video i skip this part. so please think about: This are
not "final Scenes" )

All you see, is Real Time. There is nothing reworked, and
nothing "cheatet" on.

Have Fun.

German Developer Studio.

Last edited by SmokingHeadStudio; 07-03-19 at 11:51 PM.
SmokingHeadStudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 12:19 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Looks pretty darn cool so far.
Old 07-03-19, 05:53 PM   #3
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60

End of 2019???

You might want to reconsider, from what I can see there's too much work in the graphic department alone to consider such a close release unless the outside 3d model of the sub and the water shader are actually pretty much what you aim for release.

In which case I can guarantee your kickstarter will fall short. Like big time, sadly And that would be bad since a subsim about japanese submarine warfare is quite the novelty! (though I'm a bit skeptical as to the real interest of playing japan side for subsims of WWII, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong)

I know, graphics are not everything in a game, but there is a minimal standard that even most hardcore subsimers (not all but it's a minority) won't go without these days. It doesn't have to look as good as a AAA game of today of course. But something looking like SH5
(which is already looking dated but holding good) should be a bare minimum if you wan't to attract a bit of attention on kickstarter.

I for myself just won't be able at all to cope with graphics that are on par with something like that, it would ruin the immersion for me, BUT that's just me.
My advice is to do a lot of work on this department before you launch any kickstarter, but maybe this demo is just a demonstration concept with very low-res 3d model just as a mean to illustrate things. But the way you talked about the 3D model makes me think otherwise sadly. If not already, I would strongly advise you to use a third-party 3d engine and dev tool like Unity, Crytek or Unreal 4 as they will permit to considerably ease the burden and the hard work on the graphic department. For example, generating a very convincing ocean on such engines is a matter of a day or two of work (since much of the work involved is already integrated into the engines by its devs). Sure, you have to give them a percentage of your revenues but it's well worth it in the end.

Last edited by kapitan_zur_see; 07-03-19 at 06:05 PM.
kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-19, 11:42 PM   #4
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Hello First of all, thank you for your thoughts!

As I wrote above, this is a development trailer. That means the "Scene" itself, is in a scene in which only the submarine was developed. It can be clearly recognized by the fact that the destroyers e.g. do not use any textures. Also, the sky is there to see, not final. So the destroyers are only placeholders, I hope that comfort something With this trailer, I'm not going to Kickstarter, he's not mature for that. Among other things, all "content" that is still to be shown is missing. Here I decided to publish, because it is about the boat itself, but not about the overall impression of the game. I will introduce this in more detail here soon. Seahunter is based on the Unity Engine. Greetings, and have a nice day. Andy, Smoking Head Software.

ps: Seahunter also contains the TYP VII A, B, C and D ( as "Milk Cow")

Also will join the Typ XXI.

Dont worry, this Material in this Art, is not for Kickstarter, but to
show the I400. Also like i wrote above, the Sei Ran inside, is not completet in this
Video, the Textures join over this Weekend, also the UI for the Airplain will follow

Please give me a little Bit of Time, i will explain all to Seahunter, later this Week here.

PPS: A Development Scene like this, is made, that you NOT have lot Materials and Prefabs in the Scene.
For Example: All Effekts you see ( Explosions, and other ) are just Placeholders.
Reason is:

you do not import the Shaders and Particle Systemes, to such a Scene. If i do this, i go into the Mess,
to do all outsidde. But: if i export the whole Submarine for a Prefab, i can import it into the Master Project,
this have the + Point, that i do not need all Things to "Setup" again, i can use the finish Prefab like it is,
including it s Materials, Settings and all other Things. The Reson for develop in a own Project is, that i do not
beckup 20 GB in any step of Work. So with this scene, i beckup ~ 100 mb. After the Work is finish, i delete
all Placeholders, prefab the Submarine, and take it in the Main Project. So i have no conflicts or Problems
between Shaders, Effects, Particles or Scripts.

So: i do not import a big Amount of Graphic, Scripts and Effekts in a Development Scene
i know about the "Look" of the other Things, but: here is only the I400 the Point of interest

Best Greetings, and very Thank you for Your respond, happy to hear from you.

German Developer Studio.

Last edited by SmokingHeadStudio; 07-04-19 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-04-19, 08:38 AM   #5
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Good work

Understood, this is a concept illustration and not final art. Nice enough to be encouraging. When you put any work into public view, you will get both positive and negative comments. Expect that.

Any comment means you are attracting people to have a look, a good thing. Stay positive during this public reveal. Henry Ford made the model T automobile, which is ugly compared to a modern Ford car -- but he had something to work with.

Not all negative comments will be intended to discourage you. Some may have very good advice. Keep on going.
Old 07-04-19, 09:23 AM   #6
SmokingHeadStudio
A-ganger

Hello Raymond.

Oh, i do not see this comment "negative" i see it constructive.
He is Right in what he think, so: this is not a Trailer for Kickstarter, that i know.

And also he cant know, that this are only Placeholders.
So i explain it, and all is nice.

dont worry, i like Critic, if that is constructiv, all is nice.
And: You can do what ever you want, you will everytime have one, that
do not like it.

There also Things i do not like, that is absolutly okay, we all learn every Day, we all have our Favorits.

dont worry, i see nothing "negativ" here

German Developer Studio.
Old 07-12-19, 07:30 AM   #7
Cobber
Watch

Downloads: 16
Default Awesome Work

This is awesome work, keep at it.

Fremantle Class Patrol Boats - the end of an era.
Cobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 04:18 AM   #8
Almaza34325t
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This is so cool. Keep it up.
Old 11-01-21, 11:16 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Reported!

nice little "_" under the "." reveals El Monte Cabinets.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-23, 11:08 PM   #10
Bernardi
Watch

Downloads: 7

I guess this project is dead? looked at the author's YT Channel and no updates..
Would love to hear some news.
Bernardi is offline   Reply With Quote