SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-07, 11:54 AM   #76
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdrifter
I have abandoned the extreme shaking effects in v1.02 due to the fact that it was making some players sick.
So did getting depth-charged.:rotfl:
Old 01-13-07, 11:58 AM   #77
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISENT
Before I installed this mod I was getting nothing but heavy seas and very aggressive AI DC'ing the crap out of me constantly. Now, with the mod installed all I experience are calm seas, gentle winds and an enemy that would prefer to be freakin pen pals. You'd think that I was in command of The Love Boat instead of a VIIC.

Drifter, does your mod mess with the enemy AI behaviour and the weather files.
Don't know if coincidence but am encountering similar since installing this; only difference being I've just sailed from Lorient to AL29 [in October 1940] and not spotted a ship of any kind or nation ?! The quickest TC I used was 32 so been sailing all afternoon if you know what I mean.

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 11:58 AM   #78
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdrifter
I have abandoned the extreme shaking effects in v1.02 due to the fact that it was making some players sick.
So did getting depth-charged.:rotfl:
I know, I know... I tried to tell them that. Lol. :p
Old 01-13-07, 12:01 PM   #79
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Munson
Quote:
Before I installed this mod I was getting nothing but heavy seas and very aggressive AI DC'ing the crap out of me constantly. Now, with the mod installed all I experience are calm seas, gentle winds and an enemy that would prefer to be freakin pen pals. You'd think that I was in command of The Love Boat instead of a VIIC.

Don't know if coincidence but am encountering similar since installing this; only difference being I've just sailed from Lorient to AL29 [in October 1940] and not spotted a ship of any kind or nation ?! The quickest TC I used was 32 so been sailing all afternoon if you know what I mean.
It's all psychological. After installing Depth Charge Shake, you just can't wait to be depth charged. :rotfl:
Old 01-13-07, 12:28 PM   #80
Capt.Crackerjack
Loader

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Good Work!

Good work and thanks for the 1.03 effort NVDrifter!

Now that there are three choices (weaker, medium, and stronger) shakes- does that also mean there are now three levels of surface rolling reduction?
Capt.Crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 01:02 PM   #81
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Munson
Quote:

Only one way to find out :hmm:
Installing it NOW

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 01:03 PM   #82
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crackerjack
Good work and thanks for the 1.03 effort NVDrifter!

Now that there are three choices (weaker, medium, and stronger) shakes- does that also mean there are now three levels of surface rolling reduction?
It's kind of hard for me to explain how the camera settings and the u-boat rolling (from center of gravity) affect each other.

But...

To answer your question- no. All 3 surface rolling motions are the same (greatly reduced rolling). But, you can maybe get by using the medium or strong shaking option without installing the included u-boat files. Weak shaking option, probably not. You can try this if you really don't want to give up the surface rolling action. It might work ok.
Old 01-13-07, 01:05 PM   #83
Vikinger
Captain

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 6

Thank you for your hard work NvDrifter.

Gona install and try it right away
Vikinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 03:42 PM   #84
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Confused about how to install

Ok, I'm normally good at figuring out, and following, installation instructions, but this time I'm confused on two points.

First off, there are three different installation 'strengths'. The instructions say to be careful in installing only one version at a time. OK, I got that. However, how the heck do I identify which version is which? This is what I see in the .zip file:

Secondly, I'm not sure how to install this using JSGME. Normally all the mods I've installed using that are prepped for that, already having the DATA folder, etc, as part of the zipping process. I'm guessing I just create a folder, for example, named 'depth charge shake' inside the MOD folder of my GWX installation, then unzip the contents inside there. But as there are triplicate-named files in this, how is that going to work?
Old 01-16-07, 11:27 AM   #85
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

That's odd.
I just downloaded this mod, and it opens up nicely.
I use WinRar, though.

Here's the content of the main mod-folder:

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 12:04 PM   #86
Vikinger
Captain

What is odd?

Unzip the main folder to some place. Then choose one of the mod you want to use. weaker, meadium or stronger. (there is 3 versions of the mod) Copy that folder/map to the Mod map in your sh3 directory and enable the mod whit jsgme.
Old 01-16-07, 12:09 PM   #87
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinger
What is odd?

Unzip the main folder to some place. Then choose one of the mod you want to use. weaker, meadium or stronger. (there is 3 versions of the mod) Copy that folder/map to the Mod map in your sh3 directory and enable the mod whit jsgme.
What's odd is that the three different folders do not appear for me when I unzip the file (as might be noticed from my screenshot). I'll try again using WinRar tonight when I get home.
Old 01-16-07, 12:22 PM   #88
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nvdrifter, I may have missed this but can you confirm that this mod changes the files regarding periscope magnification. I play GWX, have this mod and a few others, my mag is down to 6x from 10x, had a reply that is was this mod that was causing this.

Thanks.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-07, 12:48 PM   #89
Vikinger
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinger
What is odd?

What's odd is that the three different folders do not appear for me when I unzip the file (as might be noticed from my screenshot). I'll try again using WinRar tonight when I get home.
Oki i understand. well that was Odd
Old 01-16-07, 12:55 PM   #90
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Nvdrifter, I may have missed this but can you confirm that this mod changes the files regarding periscope magnification. I play GWX, have this mod and a few others, my mag is down to 6x from 10x, had a reply that is was this mod that was causing this.

Thanks.
I just checked all 3 versions of Depth Charge Shake v1.3. All 3 Cameras.dat settings for Periscope optical zoom are at 10x. Must be something else. :hmm: