SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-13, 04:47 PM   #10816
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Benno has no issues on my sub with following contacts, as long as they are within reasonable range and he reported them himself. I can spot contacts by hand much better then if I let him take care of it. I cant let him follow contacts that I pick out by hand.

I thought this was by design and due to him being a rookie, like me :p
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-13, 05:56 PM   #10817
tscharlii
Watch

Downloads: 17

Alright. Here are the steps to reproduce.

Mods:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_Real_Navigation
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9

Also have the TDW hydrophone exe fixes activated.

1. Load up the historical mission TDW Torp Tutorial.
2. Make sure, your sub is NOT heading North. Turn to heading 320 degrees by making a 40 degrees turn to port/left.
3. The contact should be at around 106 degrees. Go to the sonarman, activate the hydrophone station and point the needle to 106 degrees.
4. Ask the sonar man to follow the selected target (see picture). He responds: "Sonarman: no near contact to follow"
5. You can, however, make him pick up the contact by pointing the needle to 66 degrees

The aforementioned changes to /data/Scripts/Stations/Hydrophone.py fix this issue.

tscharlii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 03:02 PM   #10818
jibouil
Mate

Downloads: 173

Hello,I managed to configure the new ui 7.5 TDC as I wanted, but unfortunately I am unable to change the keyboard keys in OptionsFileEditorViewerFor example, the L key closes the chat at the bottom right and opens the clock.Can someone tell me the trick to change the basic keys of TDC (such as T for teleport or Q forlog ship etc. ..)
jibouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 05:19 PM   #10819
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscharlii View Post
Alright. Here are the steps to reproduce.

Mods:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_Real_Navigation
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9

Also have the TDW hydrophone exe fixes activated.

1. Load up the historical mission TDW Torp Tutorial.
2. Make sure, your sub is NOT heading North. Turn to heading 320 degrees by making a 40 degrees turn to port/left.
3. The contact should be at around 106 degrees. Go to the sonarman, activate the hydrophone station and point the needle to 106 degrees.
4. Ask the sonar man to follow the selected target (see picture). He responds: "Sonarman: no near contact to follow"
5. You can, however, make him pick up the contact by pointing the needle to 66 degrees

The aforementioned changes to /data/Scripts/Stations/Hydrophone.py fix this issue.
Hi tscharlii, sorry for the late reply; I somehow overlooked your post. Just a little suggestion: maybe you could release your tweak as a patch, for people to test that mission with and without it
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 05:57 PM   #10820
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibouil View Post
Hello,I managed to configure the new ui 7.5 TDC as I wanted, but unfortunately I am unable to change the keyboard keys in OptionsFileEditorViewerFor example, the L key closes the chat at the bottom right and opens the clock.Can someone tell me the trick to change the basic keys of TDC (such as T for teleport or Q forlog ship etc. ..)
There is a way to change some things.

"T for teleport" may be hardcoded into the **py files that TDW created or stock. Send him a PM to see if he would change other key commands for you. I have tried myself, and seems like there is an option to change them, but does not work. Never asked TDW about it.

I need more information from you so I can help you some more.
go back into the optionsfilevieweditor in the application folder, you can see an option to create a hotkeys_report.txt. This tells you of all the keyboard commands (most of them are commands.cfg) that Multiple UIs for TDC uses. Copy that list and post it. Click on "#". See above. Paste your hotkeys between the two ##.

The "L key closes the chat at the bottom right and opens the clock". The clock command could probably be fixed.

If you use JSGME, I need the following information to see if you use other commands.cfg. Go to Your drive letter:\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\!BACKUP\Data\Cfg. I need all filenames that have "commands.cfg" in its' name. One example, "Commands.cfg.Speech fixes and additions (english version) V1.0"

I basically created a commands.cfg after all other mods so they run smoothly to use voice recognition and fill in missing commands similar to SH3 or SH4.

A great little tool to help you with this is jimimadrid's SH(??) Menumaker. Works great on sh3-sh5 series. I can certainly give you some advice once I have gathered more information from you.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 06:12 PM   #10821
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
"T for teleport" may be hardcoded into the **py files that TDW created or stock. Send him a PM to see if he would change other key commands for you. I have tried myself, and seems like there is an option to change them, but does not work. Never asked TDW about it.
This option of OptionsFileEditorViewer works fine.. because I had disabled all the hot-keys of UI long ago..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 06:19 PM   #10822
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
This option of OptionsFileEditorViewer works fine.. because I had disabled all the hot-keys of UI long ago..
Something like commenting them out with a ; in front of key**= ** in the commands.cfg or **.py file? I could not enable or disable some keys in the optionfileviewereditor myself.
Old 10-08-13, 06:29 PM   #10823
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Something like commenting them out with a ; in front of key**= ** in the commands.cfg or **.py file? I could not enable or disable some keys in the optionfileviewereditor myself.
I was talking about TDW options file (.py).. not about commands.cfg.. all the UI hot-keys in my game were disabled..
I'm not able to show you screen shot how it works right now, because I just lost my HDD

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 10-08-13, 06:40 PM   #10824
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I'm not able to show you screen shot how it works right now, because I just lost my HDD
But we are glad to see you are back online . Saw a few days ago, mentioning to Gap, about reinstalling your Windows 7 and talking about some u-boat gun issues or something.
Old 10-08-13, 06:59 PM   #10825
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
But we are glad to see you are back online . Saw a few days ago, mentioning to Gap, about reinstalling your Windows 7 and talking about some u-boat gun issues or something.
I'm online because my laptop.. when I re-installed OS there was a power outage and file system has become disrupted.. I'm now trying to restore something via R-studio but I have not had time to turn off the boot chkdisk and a lot of files were destroyed .. 18 months of work on SH5 ..

Old 10-08-13, 07:15 PM   #10826
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I'm online because my laptop.. when I re-installed OS there was a power outage and file system has become disrupted.. I'm now trying to restore something via R-studio but I have not had time to turn off the boot chkdisk and a lot of files were destroyed .. 18 months of work on SH5 ..
NO!!!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-13, 07:44 PM   #10827
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
NO!!!
yes.... maybe it's a sign from above..

'm trying now - UFS Explorer, R.saver, R-studio, GetDataBack.. tomorrow will show.. there was a lot my personal info too

Old 10-09-13, 04:03 AM   #10828
jibouil
Mate

Downloads: 173

I'm at my work now so I can not give all the information.
However here is in this picture that I just can not make.

I have the mod list Fifi http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201004

everything works perfectly.
I just want to change some key ^ ^
jibouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 10:18 AM   #10829
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscharlii View Post
I was trying to tell the sonarman to follow a contact. I went to the hydrophone station, moved the needle towards a reasonable close contact, but that deaf guy kept telling me, there is no near contact to follow.

I think, due to a small bug in TDC_NewUI (I use 7.1.0, but it's still present in 7.5.0 test version), the sonarman looks for the contact at bearing "sub heading plus hydrophone needle bearing" instead of just "hydrophone needle bearing". So it only works, if my sub's heading happens to be zero degrees.

After I changed the function HydrophoneFollowNearestContact in /data/Scripts/Stations/Hydrophone.py as follows, my follow contact orders are no longer ignored.

Code:
def getHydroBearing ( contact, sub ):
    contactbearing = sub.HeadingDEGToContact(contact) - sub.HeadingDEG
    while contactbearing > 360.0:
        contactbearing -= 360.0
    while contactbearing < 0.0:
        contactbearing += 360.0
    return contactbearing

# Modified by TheDarkWraith
def HydrophoneFollowNearestContact():
    if GetHydroFollowContact() != None:
        return
    hydroangle = Menu.GuiDials.GetValue( GuiDialsWrapper.DialTypes.HYDROPHONE )
    sweeprange = GetHydroFollowNearestContactSweepRange()
    maxrange = GetHydroFollowNearestContactMaxRange()
    try:
        from PageDefaultHud import PageDefaultHud_MapGroup_Mapcontrol
        sub = PageDefaultHud_MapGroup_Mapcontrol.SubmarineContact
        contacts = PageDefaultHud_MapGroup_Mapcontrol.AllContacts
        hydrocontact = None
        for contact in contacts:
            if getHydroBearing( contact, sub ) >= ( hydroangle - sweeprange ) and getHydroBearing( contact, sub ) <= ( hydroangle + sweeprange ) and sub.RangeToContact( contact ) <= maxrange:
                if hydrocontact == None:
                    hydrocontact = contact
                else:
                    if getHydroBearing( contact, sub ) <= getHydroBearing( hydrocontact, sub ) and sub.RangeToContact( contact ) < sub.RangeToContact( hydrocontact ):
                        hydrocontact = contact
        if hydrocontact == None:
            from PageDefaultHud import Game_NewPlayerLogMessageOutside
            Game_NewPlayerLogMessageOutside( [ Menu.GetLocalizedText( IDSTR_HydroFollowTargetNoNearContact ), False ] )
            return
        SetHydroFollowContact( hydrocontact )
        from Pageinterior import Pageinterior_Blocnotes_FollowTarget
        Pageinterior_Blocnotes_FollowTarget.SetCheck( True, False )
        from PageDefaultHud import Game_NewPlayerLogMessageOutside
        Game_NewPlayerLogMessageOutside( [ Menu.GetLocalizedText( IDSTR_HydroFollowTargetNearest ), False ] )
    except:
        pass
If I use that code, I get this message ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg code error.jpg (49.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by plj; 10-09-13 at 02:50 PM.
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-13, 10:32 AM   #10830
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibouil View Post
..I just want to change some key ^ ^
and who/what does prevent you to do this?

EDIT: is it hard to choose new key and click on 'accept'?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui