Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-20, 05:07 PM   #1
JDk80
Nub

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0
Default TWoS radar lines

Is there a way to enable the radar contact lines while surfaced like the vanilla game? Like the blue for warship, black for merchant lines when a ship is out of visual range. I only get them while submerged it seems.
JDk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:48 PM   #2
Captain Hammered
Seaman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Hello, JDk80!

Quote:
Is there a way to enable the radar contact lines while surfaced like the vanilla game? Like the blue for warship, black for merchant lines when a ship is out of visual range. I only get them while submerged it seems.
Seems there might be a bit of confusion there; let's see if I can clear it up some.

I'm not sure which time period you're playing with TWoS, but the lines you receive while submerged are your hydrophone contacts - which in the vanilla game are indeed blue for fast props, black for slow (or warships and freighters/tankers respectively.) You can't receive them while surfaced because the hydrophone is out of the water. You don't get Radar until much later in the game.

Now - when you first start the game for a day's play, all of your lines and most of your symbols will be turned off by default. To see them, you need to open the configuration menu. The button is cream-coloured with a globe on it, shown here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153023...blic/lightbox/ (If my image works lol)
Edit: OK; my image doesn't work; I'm horrible at that. Just click the link.

Pressing the button brings up the menu where you can select any element to add to the map and TAI - they must be done separately.
Give it a shot - I'm not sure if I answered your question, but I hope so.

Last edited by Captain Hammered; 03-31-20 at 11:39 AM. Reason: I STILL can't figure out how to post pics! I'm such a dinosaur... ;)
Captain Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote