SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-06, 11:13 PM   #1
Potoroo
Navy Dude

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default MultiSH3 1.0 released

MultiSH3 is a utility that will change the folder name in My Documents that Silent Hunter 3 uses to save campaign and career information. It does this by patching a file in the game's root folder called FileManager.dll. Stock SH3 is hard-coded to save this information in a folder called My Documents\SH3, but given the large number of supermods and other mods it may be desirable to be able to separate careers by saving them in different folders. For example, you might want to have a stock SH3 1.4b installation, a TGW installation and an NYGM installation, each with their own career information.

The obvious benefit of this is that it prevents any possible confusion over which campaigns and careers belong to which installation. Mod developers may find it useful to have a known safe copy of SH3 and one or more development copies, each completely separate. Gamers may find it useful to be able to remove, repair or update supermods without having to uninstall the lot and start again (anyone who has needed to modify their Grey Wolves installation should see the benefit of this immediately).

It is available for download from http://u-boot.realsimulation.com (Martin was kind enough to put it in the "SH3 Must Haves" section). I have also contacted SubSim about having it uploaded here. Please read the instructions in the ReadMe file carefully!

Jaesen Jones has made a maintenance release of SH3 Commander that is compatible with MultiSH3. To run them together you will need SH3 Commander 2.6.1.124 or later.

Last edited by Potoroo; 09-24-06 at 11:21 PM.
Potoroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-06, 11:37 PM   #2
terrapin
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It's really a VERY HANDY utility, so it's in the 'must have' section!

Now...if anyone could manage to write something like a plugin, which puts all ship positions out in GPS format...?
Old 09-25-06, 12:25 AM   #3
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

I've been impressed with it - I've used it to keep my test and real careers separate so that I don't accidently stuff up a real career (not that I play many real patrols - last one finished in May this year!).

For all those SH3 players that have complained about having their separate-SH3-install careers all lumped together under the one \My Documents\SH3 folder, I recommend this tool to you!

(This tool is the reason for the "- Now supports save folder names other than the default "SH3" (will become apparent later)" addition to SH3Cmdr R2.6.1).
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 03:55 AM   #4
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

I guess this means your Beta Testers were pleased, congrats on the official release.

I think I'll head on over to UBRS and grab it, with GWX on it's way and NYGM new release, MultiSH3 will be a must. Thanks for your hard work, can't wait to put it to use.

Last edited by Tuddley3; 09-25-06 at 03:59 AM.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 09:04 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Thanks...this is def a 'must have'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 10:03 AM   #6
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
by Potoroo
Jaesen Jones has made a maintenance release of SH3 Commander that is compatible with MultiSH3. To run them together you will need SH3 Commander 2.6.1.124 or later.
That means SH3 Commander 2.5 won't work with it? Please say it isn't so.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote