SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-21, 08:14 AM   #3376
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I refuse to accept the results. My lawyers will be filing a complaint. I had 94 points and two zero points, A point is a point is a point, my total should be then 9400 points total. Clearly I was robbed.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 08:24 AM   #3377
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I'll see you in court
Old 04-06-21, 08:34 AM   #3378
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I refuse to accept the results. My lawyers will be filing a complaint. I had 94 points and two zero points, A point is a point is a point, my total should be then 9400 points total. Clearly I was robbed.
Your comment made me remember what a pre-school kid once said to his/her mom.
3+2 gives 32, 6+6 gives 66.
His/Her mom replied-no honey this is not how you calculate.
This kid then said - In my world they do.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 08:59 AM   #3379
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Your honor Id like to present mapuc as my first star witness.

Old 04-06-21, 09:12 AM   #3380
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon10

I might be able to support Rockstar.

(internal only: offshore bank account in pm)

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 09:17 AM   #3381
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

and if it please the court I would like my lawyer 'Catfish" Guiliani to begin with the questioning.

I'm a hesitant to send any gratuities to your offshore account. I already donated a substantial sum to Eichhörnchen and it didn't seem help me any.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-06-21 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-06-21, 09:22 AM   #3382
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Are we heading towards Subsim second trial in the history of Subsim.

The first was against Drebbel.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 09:27 AM   #3383
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Old 04-10-21, 03:44 PM   #3384
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

If you shoudl ever come acxross a bay squirrel that dropped out if its nest and has not yet been reunited with its mother: if it is uninjured, and not too cold already (in which case the mommy would reject it even if she finds it), you may find that it even behaves fearless when you apporoach and doe snot attenmpt to flee, or even approaches oyu and tries to climb up in your lef. these behaviopurs are no aggressiveness, but pure desperation, its an instinct that clicks in when their situation is potentialle life-threatening.

If weather is fine (not wet, not cold), and you have reasonable reason to assume the mother could still be around, or the nest is close (search for other babies then who have dropped out!), simply: if you think time is still nto out and you can try something, then try to reunite the byb with its Mom. For that, you must attract the mother.

In past two weeks I got severla rpeorts here form germany where finders and squirrel rescuers were very successful with using audio records of typical high-pitched calls of babies for help. The played them from their smartphone, volume pumped up, put the baby on it or nearby on the gorund, and waioted. Often the mothger appared, and quie fast and almost furious, these calls seem to have an almost electrifying effect of the mother animals. I give the link to two such calles below, both are from American grey squirrels, but European red squirrels fully react tot hese calls, too. One rehabber said he had half a dozen squirrels showing up and being excited and staring at the baby from the trees although obviously not all of them could have family relations to it. And red ones usually are lone wolves, different to American grey ones, which are very social.

Save the MP3 sound file from these videos and have them ready on tablet or mobile, if you are willing to not just look the other direciton when a helpless baby squirrel impacts in your life. Reuniting the baby with its mother should be the first thing tried if time and situation (weather, stamina, health) allows. I know that sometimes reunion even worked after the baby was takne in for the night, and another attempt was tried the next day.

A European red or American grey squirrel brings joy into your life, belie me. Don'T turn away. The European red ones have since several years a very tough time, they are not doing well. Babies get born up to two months too early (later stravation or freezing to death almost certain), adult animals get found exhausted in summer since they do not find food anymore after three drought years in sequence. When somebody in Europe tells you the red squirrel population is fine in general, you can take it that he most likely does not know it too well. I know several rescue stations across Germany, and they already went into red alert and are full already since late January. Its a desaster.

5 minute call

1 hour call

Warning. While palyiong these sounds, you m ay attract predators: cats, foxes etc. Stay on guard and protect the little thing as long as needed.
Old 04-12-21, 08:39 PM   #3385
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Are we heading towards Subsim second trial in the history of Subsim.

The first was against Drebbel.

Markus
If there is a trial I apply to be the jury, Eichhorn and Catfish will have to fight it out for judge.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 08:47 PM   #3386
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
1) I need to know what this "little mishap at school" was, and

2) That would be Dick Van Dyke getting married again, or some other big deal, like an asteroid strike... otherwise the next Whack-a-Squirrel will be Halloween
1) The little mishap was when I said something rather stupid in the boys lockerroom after gym (In the boys locker room for my class, A LOT of dirty things and innuendos are said, basically everyone acts like they are gay. Always spanking each other and making jokes about someone's "1 millimeter defeater" Sometimes I dish out the spankings and stuff.) This time I said something stupid that a new kid overheard and told the teacher, and so I had lunch detention and two weeks of grounding at home.

2) Next lockdown maybe? Cases are on the rise in the US.
Or maybe the next time my whacker is confiscated.
The thing I said was a joke about a teacher where I would use her school email to sign her up for an account on the dark web. A kid (who is a teacher's pet) heard this and told on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Good thing I bribed your mom! Thank god for my little onesie (post #3336) in the midst of Catfish's final burst finale of points...but I kept saying "the day is young". Rockstar's prowess probably saved me the 'dead heat' finish, by eating away at Catfish's score. Keeping a very accurate ingame tally helped my 70 yearold 'situational awarness' too. Plus it's quite flattering to be included with Yul, Telly and the Rock for 0 points Thanks Eich!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I kept dashing twixt my Easter dinner table, guests et al and the Mancave to stay in the action! My own 20 point whack bomb and the late 'onesie' (#3336) in mad-score final frenzy kept my nose just above water for the tie. U and Rockstar have a quicker response time than I do and I think El Whacko is even faster. It's all in the mouse wrist! Gadzooks! that sounds like a conspiracy against ....ME!
Lol, my mom must have been in a giving mood then.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 11:45 PM   #3387
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 02:33 AM   #3388
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

That's pretty much Whack-a-Squirrel.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 12:29 PM   #3389
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I think we put Rockstar on trial once before (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) and the cost and length of time of the proceedings was eyewatering. Because of it I didn't have time to gather enough nuts for the winter and nearly starved to death

I'm not going through that lot again... why don't you all play this instead

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...23&postcount=1
Old 04-13-21, 03:21 PM   #3390
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I think we put Rockstar on trial once before (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) and the cost and length of time of the proceedings was eyewatering. [...]
We all are still suffering from this Big Bang long ago..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote