SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-21, 01:24 PM   #8986
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Mandate nazis hate science and it’s findings and recommendations.

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

Vaccines currently are the primary mitigation strategy to combat COVID-19 around the world. For instance, the narrative related to the ongoing surge of new cases in the United States (US) is argued to be driven by areas with low vaccination rates [1]. A similar narrative also has been observed in countries, such as Germany and the United Kingdom [2]. At the same time, Israel that was hailed for its swift and high rates of vaccination has also seen a substantial resurgence in COVID-19 cases [3]. We investigate the relationship between the percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases across 68 countries and across 2947 counties in the US.

Findings

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.

In summary, even as efforts should be made to encourage populations to get vaccinated it should be done so with humility and respect. Stigmatizing populations can do more harm than good. Importantly, other non-pharmacological prevention efforts (e.g., the importance of basic public health hygiene with regards to maintaining safe distance or handwashing, promoting better frequent and cheaper forms of testing) needs to be renewed in order to strike the balance of learning to live with COVID-19 in the same manner we continue to live a 100 years later with various seasonal alterations of the 1918 Influenza virus.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 01:37 PM   #8987
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 01:46 PM   #8988
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
My lad has tested positive two days running with a LFT so he has booked a PCR for yesterday morning.......symptoms heavy cold and loss of taste and smell.

PCR test was a POSITIVE
Hey Jim, I hope young James will have a full recovery. Wishing him all the best.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 02:07 PM   #8989
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Jim, I hope James gets well soon.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 04:43 PM   #8990
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Mandate nazis hate science and it’s findings and recommendations.

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

Vaccines currently are the primary mitigation strategy to combat COVID-19 around the world. For instance, the narrative related to the ongoing surge of new cases in the United States (US) is argued to be driven by areas with low vaccination rates [1]. A similar narrative also has been observed in countries, such as Germany and the United Kingdom [2]. At the same time, Israel that was hailed for its swift and high rates of vaccination has also seen a substantial resurgence in COVID-19 cases [3]. We investigate the relationship between the percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases across 68 countries and across 2947 counties in the US.

Findings

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.

In summary, even as efforts should be made to encourage populations to get vaccinated it should be done so with humility and respect. Stigmatizing populations can do more harm than good. Importantly, other non-pharmacological prevention efforts (e.g., the importance of basic public health hygiene with regards to maintaining safe distance or handwashing, promoting better frequent and cheaper forms of testing) needs to be renewed in order to strike the balance of learning to live with COVID-19 in the same manner we continue to live a 100 years later with various seasonal alterations of the 1918 Influenza virus.
This is something most of us with any understanding of science could see coming a mile away. More vaxed = reduction in totalitarian measures = more social interaction. The problem is that the "experts" and the authorities did not communicate that these vaccines are non-sterilizing, so respiratory viruses gonna do what they do in the presence of people with leaky vaccinations having a higher level of social interaction.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 04:58 AM   #8991
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Robert Koch Institute, Germany (the German equivalent to the CDC):
what do you see?
You see how many hospitalizations per 100,000 people, listed for week 26 to 37.
Blue lines: age group 18-59
Black lines: age group above 60 years
Dotted lines: unvaccinated
Solid lines: 2x vaccinated

Who still claims vaccines "do not work" and "do not make a difference", simply has missed the starting shot. There are 10 times less hospitalizations amongst vaccinated, and even higher factors.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-19-21 at 06:40 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 08:24 AM   #8992
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Hey Jim, I hope young James will have a full recovery. Wishing him all the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Jim, I hope James gets well soon.
Thanks guys and by way of an update.

A few month ago James secured the post he has aimed for quite a while now, Harbour Pilot at the Port of Tees (Teesport). At the time of interview he was told he had been successful but the timescale for the post commencing was not until January 2022 due to the fact that positions rarely come up and usually only when a Pilot retires.

He informed his boss at the college he teaches at and very considerately imho gave three months notice instead of the one month contractually required.

He informed me his boss accepted his notice offer but looked like he was a little miffed.

Sooooooo...this morning he telephoned said boss informing him of the PCR result and the response went along the lines of "Sorry to hear of this but get well soon. I'm not sure if you'll qualify for full pay whilst on the sick because it is not work related"

James said he was willing to work from home because he had students course work to prepare for those he'd be teaching on his return to work, the response being "I shouldn't bother, rent some films and enjoy your time at home"

James then rang HR and the response was "You have offered to work from home so you will be paid your full salary whilst off"

James is rightly annoyed and said to me "I mightn't bother going back dad"

I've told him he should go back as soon as able therefore giving what was an alright manager (until he gave his notice) no opportunity to have a laugh at his/James expense and not to forget to inform him the Pilot position is almost three times his current salary and therefore twice as what his manager is currently earning.

James has agreed and I ended the conversation by saying "Don't forget to tell him your dad thinks he/the manager is as thick as mince"
------------------------------------------------------------------
You may claw the cat but keep away from the kittens.

Old 10-19-21, 08:33 AM   #8993
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-19-21, 08:34 AM   #8994
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-19-21, 12:04 PM   #8995
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-20-21, 11:49 AM   #8996
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

At a Downing Street news conference, Health Secretary Sajid Javid says Covid cases could reach 100,000 a day this winter.

Four million people in the UK have now had a Covid booster vaccine, the health secretary adds.

He also says the UK has bought 730,000 doses of two antiviral drugs that could help treat Covid - but they still need regulator approval.

A further 49,139 cases have been reported in the UK - meaning eight consecutive days of more than 40,000 cases.

Another 179 deaths within 28 days of a positive test have also been reported; deaths remain well below last winter's peak.

Health leaders say ministers' Covid Plan B, which would bring back social distancing rules, should be implemented to avoid a "winter crisis"

Morocco has banned flights to and from the UK, Germany, and Netherlands because of Covid.

Old 10-20-21, 11:50 AM   #8997
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-21-21, 08:35 AM   #8998
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The NHS is under huge pressure at the moment, but it's sustainable, Health Minister Edward Argar says.

The vaccination programme has altered the dynamics in the pandemic between infections, hospitalisations and deaths, he says.

But doctors say an unacceptable level of Covid cases means ministers should trigger their Plan B for the pandemic this winter.

The British Medical Association says the government is being "wilfully negligent" for not reimposing Covid rules such as mandatory face masks.

Daily UK infections have been above 40,000 for more than a week.

The pandemic will last a year longer than it needs to because poorer countries are not getting the vaccines they need, the WHO says.

Old 10-21-21, 08:37 AM   #8999
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-21-21, 09:36 AM   #9000
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The NHS is under huge pressure at the moment, but it's sustainable, Health Minister Edward Argar says.

The vaccination programme has altered the dynamics in the pandemic between infections, hospitalisations and deaths, he says.

But doctors say an unacceptable level of Covid cases means ministers should trigger their Plan B for the pandemic this winter.

The British Medical Association says the government is being "wilfully negligent" for not reimposing Covid rules such as mandatory face masks.

Daily UK infections have been above 40,000 for more than a week.

The pandemic will last a year longer than it needs to because poorer countries are not getting the vaccines they need, the WHO says.
Man you all have a mess over there.

Checking my CDC weekly tracker our rates are steadily dropping. Considering the population of a 325 or so million our numbers are I think substantially far below the U.K.

Seems the only thing we have in common now was the initial narrative of having to flatten the curve, that accomplished. We watch open totalitarianism emerge with continued lockdowns, restrictions, individual rights vanish and small businesses falling prey to government mandates while corporations thrive. Sadly the narrative has changed again and the emergency, hype and hysteria continues as headlines proclaiming the need to reign in the number of cases.

Meanwhile the virus isn’t going anywhere. In fact the virus is gonna do what any virus is gonna do. Weaken over time and survive and we’ll have COVID cases from now until our sun goes red and consumes the planet.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan