SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-11, 07:41 PM   #106
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

I am studying for a professional exam. Unfortunately, I will not be able to mod until late July or early August.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 09:09 PM   #107
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

well guys i guess we're putting it off for awhile,but atleast we all know whats going on. so everybody just hang in there.

regards,
drakkhen20
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 03:13 PM   #108
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216

Any news re this mod ?
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 09:42 AM   #109
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

I am finished with my exam - is this mod still on?
Old 08-11-11, 11:00 AM   #110
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Any news Kapitäne?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 09:51 PM   #111
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

yes this mod is still going. I myself and others have taken a step back to deal with real life issues and other things. I havent really been checking in due to the lack of updated info. I've been kind of disapointed in myself as i know nothing of modeling or anything as to better this mod. I just have all organizing to do and adding people to the team and so forth. Most of all the ideas come from you guys out there and the people on the team. So if we could start kicking off again that would be great. So i'll start checking in again often. Thanks again to all the readers and support from you all and to our team members.

Regards,
drakkhen20
Old 08-11-11, 09:57 PM   #112
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Update:
I just spoke with Kriller and his Pacific and Real enviroments will be included in this mod. The reason for this is that i know some people prefer diffrent looks for their immersion and such. So this will broaden the options when it come to enviroments. Thanks.

regards,
drakkhen20
Old 08-12-11, 04:49 AM   #113
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Thank you Männer!

I have no problems with enviroment (weather) effects in OM and OMEGU-is great.
But I wanted to see in addon for OM+OMEGU better harbor traffic, crew on the deck (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...36&postcount=1), pennants (my greatest dream!) - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...49&postcount=1, better (period and heavy) radio messages traffic, possibility raising/lowering of flags, DF, Metox (Biskayakreuz) FuMo 30 Gema and FuMo 61 Hohentwiel antenna,
Q-ships in SH4, (my dream is SH4commander), realistic crew transfers, randomised number of days spent in base, U-Flak, real ships names in patrol log, better (realistic) removal of damage, water gates in ports, sharks, whales and dolphins, Merchant fleet Mod 3.2 with magnificent skinnpacks for SH4, german translation of radio messages etc.
Old 08-12-11, 03:47 PM   #114
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

some of which you speak of is in OM but not most. I can only tell you that we can do our best to our own abilities. As of right now myself is very disorganized with whats going in and permissions and who was doing what. I had a nice stack of papers that had all that info but between my wife and little fingers i have misplaced all that. but i shall soon find them somewhere and get back on track.
Old 08-12-11, 04:01 PM   #115
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Thank you Drakkhen! I am produ of such people like you and many OM and OMEGU modders!

PLEASE? PLEASE, don´t forget the pennants!
Old 08-16-11, 07:22 PM   #116
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

We need to get a kick off again. so if anyone is intrested in contributing to this mod feel free to do so. i have no idea what happened with the team. so i guess we'll start over again. let me know something, drop me line.
Old 08-23-11, 02:13 AM   #117
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

what to kick off?

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 08:02 PM   #118
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

I have been re-learning stuff about how SH4 handles crew clothing so that I can make changes. In the end I plan to change who gets assigned what clothing, mainly to create a more realistic impression of what would have been worn in the North Atlantic. It's a little awkward seeing your crew in summer clothes at high latitudes & near temperate zones.

In addition I told one or two of you guys that I redid the menu background with hundreds of Atlantic-themed paintings & photos, plus an appropriate vid clip; if you want I can post the link publicly.
Old 08-24-11, 08:56 PM   #119
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

post whatever you feel you need or want to. its nice to hear from you again. im glad we are back to making progress no matter how slow its taking. we'll all be waiting to see what you have in store.

regards,
drakkhen20
Old 10-10-11, 11:13 AM   #120
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

well guys. i think im closing this mod out. lack of intrest and emails and people trully not wanting to work on this has made this decision. sorry to bring this back up but im just annoyed at people telling you "yeah lets do this!" and then not doing it. its like hurry up and waiting. Frustrating in essence now then enjoyable. i dont even play sh4 anymore because i analyse and nickpick at the little things that could be changed but i dont have the know how nor the time to figure it out. so i do believe that for some reason if not many that sh4 was forgotten and i check back and back atleast every couple of days in hope that someone would pull sh4 back of the shelf and wipe the dust of her but i guess not for now and time will tell unless they create a sh6 that has ultimate realistic feel and accurate historics but thats just wishful thinking. i do want to thank eveyone for their opinions and some half work that was done and all the people that gave us permissions and for letting me bug you for them. so in the best regards...

Kriegsmarine mod..... so long....

drakkhen20