SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-14, 06:49 PM   #11296
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks anyways Peter.

Radio messages I get, but the messages and sightings that go to the Captain's Log must be checked manually as there isn't any "stoppage in play" for those.

Like I mentioned, it may have been asked somewhere deep in this thread, but I couldn't find it through search, so maybe TDW has an answer for it if he gets the chance.
Old 06-13-14, 07:05 PM   #11297
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Jester

I am not sure if this what you are looking for but check out the 'Nav Map' options, as there is a 'Destroyed Marks' patch in TDW's Option File Editor Viewer that you can change from the default false to true.

It might be this saves the 'Destroyed Marks' so you can see them next time you load the game?

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 06:06 AM   #11298
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107

Hi Peter,

I had a look at the options editor entry you mentioned. It looks like those settings set default values for what is or isn't displayed on the nav map. So the option you mention is to either view or hide the destroyed marks on the nav map. Unfortuinately it's not to set whether they're saved or not.

I guess that if I really want to keep a record I could use supermarks manually sup-imposed over the destroyed marks
Jester_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 06:16 AM   #11299
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
I You get that many reports about being in shallow waters? I don't, so I'm wondering if there's something I changed in the past that has become so normal now that I don't remember. Maybe I removed the audio clip. TC drops to 8 for shallow water (1 is too much for me) in my setup, but even though, I should hear the report. I'm going to pay attention next time and see what's up.
Yeah. I exit and enter harbour in real time and the navigator is constantly chirping about being in shallow water. Once out of port and clear of traffic I get around it by switching on travel mode to get out to deeper water.

At the moment though, I'm in the process of trying to sneak into Scapa Flow and that damn navigator is telling me literally every minute or two that we're in shallow water.

Last night the cat gave me a very disapproving look when frustration got the better of me and I yelled at the PC screen, "I know we're in ******* shallow water..... I've known for an hour we're in shallow ******* water. You don't have to keep ******* telling me!"

She then did the feline equivalent of rolling her eyes and went back to sleep, leaving me feeling rather silly!
Old 06-14-14, 08:08 PM   #11300
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

OMG...... It's contageous!!!!!!! Poor Dieter Epp caught the bug of over zelous reporting whilst in Scapa Flow!!

This is WAY beyond Luger now.......... I want a bloody MG42!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.jpg (89.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 06-15-14, 03:30 AM   #11301
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

I can explain that, it's too easy really

He got excited seeing those plump sitters

And that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond an mg42, even if you kept changing the barrels out lol

It's time for .................................................. ............

Model 24 Stielhandgranate

ps : Wait til the poor old cook starts losing the plot

Your sauerkraut is ready
Your sauerkraut is ready
Your sauerkraut is ready
Your sauerkraut is ready
Your sauerkraut is ready
Your sauerkraut is ready

Seriously, i have never had that many reports repeated in such a short time lol

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-14, 03:49 PM   #11302
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

I should have mentioned in my previoius post....... All those reports are for the same capital ship!

It got to the stage that my main objective in sinking the blighter was not to complete the mision..... It was to shut that bloody Dieter up!!!!!
Old 06-15-14, 04:23 PM   #11303
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Bye

Def
Old 06-15-14, 05:14 PM   #11304
THEBERBSTER

I am playing with 7-4-2 is there any advantage to go to 7-5-0?

I do not use dive planes, sextant, independent engine controls.
Old 06-16-14, 02:20 AM   #11305
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264

I once decided to move the recognition manual to the left outside the screen!! The problem is I can't get it back on screen!!
To bring it back I had to uninstall the whole thing and fresh install it back!!!
Miserable drastic condition!!!!!
Anyhow I want to avoid getting back to that bridge!!!!
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 03:17 AM   #11306
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Hiya Peter,

I have always used the latest versions whenever they've been released, if any problems tdw's on them like a ninja bug zapper, so far solid for me and not noticed any untoward posts regarding 7.5.0

Have a squint through this

fixed bug in TDWMouse.dll that could cause python exception to be thrown
- redid destroyed marks
- made the whole left side of the NavMap features window draggable so that those users whose screen resolution is small can still view the whole window by dragging it up/down
- added a new order to the engineer's orders: electrics only. When this is clicked and enabled then propulsion will be limited to electric propulsion only (requires patch from Generic Patcher enabled for this)
- removed old sextant. Added a new sextant to the game. The sextant is used by calling up the Sextant window from the Navigator's order bar. This requires the Stadimeter being used as sextant patch to be enabled in the Generic Patcher. To use the sextant: call up Sextant window, place the scope reference line on the horizon, press the Enable sextant button in the Sextant window, press the Stadimeter button (little button above the TDC range dial), place green reference line on object wanting angle of, read out angle in the sextant window
- added two additional add-on mods: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_Eye_Reflection and NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n. These can be used to set a mask for the Sextant (by default the sextant has no mask - just open display)
- added a new user option that controls the starting and minimum width of the messagebox. Minimum width is 180.0. Default is 315.0 (stock size). (MessageBoxMinimumWidth)
- revised Automation so that it dynamically 'loads' the commands for the script when script is played. When script is stopped the commands are 'unloaded' to free memory. This dramatically reduces the memory used with all the scripts loaded in.
- when Disable sextant is clicked in the sextant window it will also disable the sextant window now
- fixed bug of being able to close sextant window while sextant was active (if this happened then there was no way to deactivate sextant!)
- fixed bug of button for using sextant disappearing after using the sextant
- added a new icon to the engineer order category: diveplanes
- added a new orders bar: diveplanes. This has the orders for controlling the diveplanes (if the manual diveplanes patch is enabled of my Generic Patcher)
- fixed problem of depth bar not rendering if the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights was enabled
- fixed bug of after using Sextant none of the order bars would be visible and camera zoom was 'zoomed'
- fixed bug of tutorials always showing corrupt in the main menu
- added a new parameter to the user chart files: Sizeable=. If this value is 1 then the chart is sizeable by using the mousewheel, dragging a corner, or dragging a side. NOTE: the chart's size will NOT be saved and will be restored to original size at game end or exit to main menu
- user charts now dynamically load/unload thus saving memory used

Put it like this, it won't harm anything having 7.5.0

TTFN

Bye

Def
Old 06-16-14, 04:54 AM   #11307
THEBERBSTER

Thanks Def

Apart from enabling the New Destroyed Marks in the GFP is there anything else I need to look out for?

With the new Kiel mod available this would be a good time to go for it.

Peter
Old 06-16-14, 05:18 AM   #11308
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by moha14881 View Post
I once decided to move the recognition manual to the left outside the screen!! The problem is I can't get it back on screen!!
To bring it back I had to uninstall the whole thing and fresh install it back!!!
Miserable drastic condition!!!!!
Anyhow I want to avoid getting back to that bridge!!!!

If you have the same problem again, go to your SH5 root directory and delete all TDW_Draggable files. They'll be recreated once you restart the game and will return all your draggable UI items to their default positions.

Easier than doing a reinstall.
Old 06-16-14, 05:47 AM   #11309
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Hiya Peter,

Nothing sticks out besides the things you've mentioned, but i know this doesn't effect in-game-play as such, but some times the subs would run on electric while running on surface, acoustic mines (spelling ? ) or known areas i guess where mines might be, also certain channels eg the kiel canal (aerial dropped mine hazard)

You might want to enable the electric 'engines' as it's termed and independent shafts as well in gfp, with 7.5.0 (maybe 7.4.2 i never used it) you can set independent screws, makes sense to enable all you can, you never know when you might want to run 1 screw electric surfaced

I would 'go for it' personally

I'm toying with the idea of getting into this sextant side of things lol

I'm about all fully functioning now with mods and settings, so time to chill and enjoy the sim after a final career start

Hope that makes sense, hectic day today so speed writing lol

TTFN

Bye

Def
Old 06-16-14, 06:09 AM   #11310
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_UK View Post
If you have the same problem again, go to your SH5 root directory and delete all TDW_Draggable files. They'll be recreated once you restart the game and will return all your draggable UI items to their default positions.

Easier than doing a reinstall.
Thanks a lot!!
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui