SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-09, 04:33 PM   #1
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default New Motherboard help please.

My computer is shaking like a leaf at some of these new games that are now out on the market. My ASUS MB is of the elder generation ( so to speak ) as it is an AGP board. I had a GF 7800 GS OC AGP 256MB video card ( BFG ) burn out ( 3 years old ) and BFG said the APG cards were trouble and it may take quite awhile getting mine replaced --OR-- would I like a NEW GF 9600 GT OC 512MB PCIe card free as a replacement ( Already sent my old card to them last week ), will let them know shortly.

Oh yes, I'm running XP Home and will stick with it till Win 7.

Now here is what I need to know, is this TigerDirect MB ( below ) a good deal and will the GF 9600 GT OC 512MB PCIe card work well. I'm kind of strapped for cash right now but can afford this MB set-up.

A closer look at the CPU that comes with it.

Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard CPU Bundle
The Asus M3N78 PRO motherboard supports AMD AMD® Socket AM2+ multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features dual-channel DDR2 1066 memory support and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport™ 3.0 based system bus. Its NVIDIA® GeForce 8300 offers the latest support of Hybrid SLI Technology, DirectX® 10 graphics features, HD video playback with HDMI/DVI output. It also supports HyperTransport™ 3.0 interface, PCI Express™ 2.0 bus architecture, Serial ATA 3 Gb/s devices and is optimized with AMD’s latest AM2+ and multi-core CPUs to provide excellent system performance.
Take advantage of this great offer! Buy this motherboard in a bundle with the AMD Phenom X4 9500 Quad Core processor!
This Bundle Includes
Asus M3N78 PRO ATX Motherboard
Its NVIDIA® GeForce 8300 offers the latest support of Hybrid SLI Technology, DirectX® 10 graphics features, HD video playback with HDMI/DVI output.

- Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 8300
- Supports HDMI™ Technology with max. resolution up to 1920 x 1200
- NVIDIA® MediaShield™ RAID Support RAID 0,1,0+1,5,JBOD

OK what do you think??

Thanks.
Old 06-02-09, 04:58 PM   #2
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Yep, looks nice and you should be golden!