SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-11, 04:20 PM   #61
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
But this mod with dolphins, sharks, mines, nets, icebergs etc. will be released too as a separate mod (not only not only as part of Magnum opus), right?
I dunno
Old 05-08-11, 04:22 PM   #62
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

i know it is WIP and the whale is looking very good, but i must ask this:

...what is the shark doing, ...did he ate a Momsen Lung ?

Old 05-08-11, 04:44 PM   #63
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
i know it is WIP and the whale is looking very good, but i must ask this:

...what is the shark doing, ...did he ate a Momsen Lung ?
I just took out some olds mods from sh4... reworked a bit and installed in my sh5.. and that was all.. i know the sharks do not look good but i can not rework the animation...are used .dat files and i dunno to well to work with those files.... but the whale is nice

maybe tdw can try to rework the shark animation... and of cource we will need the autor permision to use i think... i do not want chun to hunt me again
Old 05-08-11, 04:46 PM   #64
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
But this mod with dolphins, sharks, mines, nets, icebergs etc. will be released too as a separate mod (not only not only as part of Magnum opus), right?
Separate and also included in new version of MO. None will be left out

I decided to release a test version of Mare Nostrum that include these stuff and also the the new ships worked out by TDW and Rongel. We need a public test to help improve and fix stuff. I need to make few adjustments then tomorrow or the day after the test version will be available for play.
Old 05-08-11, 04:52 PM   #65
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

can you post how much new different objets are included, you dont need to go to much into detail, i dont want to loose the supprise...

Old 05-08-11, 05:00 PM   #66
Zedi
Sea Lord

Mines, nets, dolphins, buoys, new ships, completely reworked Mare Nostrum without the hunt for capital ships objectives. Not sure about the nets tho.. they are floating and can block the traffic. Maybe I will set up few outside the player base just for showoff and testing. Icebergs are in, but to see them you will need to get out in north Atlantic and thats not an easy task anymore.
Old 05-08-11, 05:16 PM   #67
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

thx, what about some wales ?

another question, maye TDW can help...

...would it be possible giving the wildlife some artifictional intelligence, i mean dolphins for example are very curious animals and travel very often a long side of vessels for some hours, sharks often follow merchants because of the kitchen garbage they throw over board etc...

(my father own a very old b/w photo (from his father), it shows a caught shark on deck of a old mechant where the crew just opened the sharks stomage, it show a human skull and some bones... (they missed the ship`s boy and decided to investigate that following shark).

i mean perhaps it would be possible to have different animal ai classes for them ?

Old 05-08-11, 05:47 PM   #68
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
I just took out some olds mods from sh4... reworked a bit and installed in my sh5.. and that was all.. i know the sharks do not look good but i can not rework the animation...are used .dat files and i dunno to well to work with those files.... but the whale is nice

maybe tdw can try to rework the shark animation... and of cource we will need the autor permision to use i think... i do not want chun to hunt me again

stoiam not worry
Old 05-08-11, 05:49 PM   #69
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chun View Post
stoiam not worry
... i am happy that you understood my joke... no bad resentiments... friends again
Old 05-09-11, 02:33 AM   #70
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Separate and also included in new version of MO. None will be left out

I decided to release a test version of Mare Nostrum that include these stuff and also the the new ships worked out by TDW and Rongel. We need a public test to help improve and fix stuff. I need to make few adjustments then tomorrow or the day after the test version will be available for play.
Hello Zedi, thanks for answer. Sounds great!

This means that it will not be one the package with additional ships as in the case of Cerberus additional ships for the entire campaign?

I am now in 1944 - Open Horizons mod (and I looked forward to news ships and mines and icebergs).

I know that you are doing an excellent job and it takes much time... just ask ...
Old 05-09-11, 05:06 AM   #71
Zedi
Sea Lord

The new ships can be released as standalone mod too, if they are listed in the roster the campaign engine will automatically use them in the convoys. But is no point in doing that, they will be listed in the new campaign mod along many other new entries, including the Elco boat that will patrol the ports.

If your in 44, Im looking forward to see your experience with the D-Day mission. Any feedback on OH can help me to improve that campaign as I plan to rework it a bit.

Seems like finally I will get some help, Stoian, Trevally and maybe more are willing to join me in this quest and thats great because this is just too much work for a single person. I will share my knowledge in working with the campaign engine and who knows... maybe we can add even new campaigns.
Old 05-09-11, 09:51 AM   #72
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
The new ships can be released as standalone mod too, if they are listed in the roster the campaign engine will automatically use them in the convoys.
Oh Jesus, would be so great!
Old 05-09-11, 10:12 AM   #73
Zedi
Sea Lord

Josef, you are invited to test the version I will release soon with the Mare Nostrum campaign. It will not interfere with the OH campaign in any way. I know you are a serious player and Im counting on your feedback too. When this mod will be finally done, it will include OH too.. and maybe even 1 or more new campaigns.
Old 05-09-11, 07:13 PM   #74
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Can the campaigns file structure be made more user/modder friemdly . What i mean by this is
Campaigns/CampaignProjects/Total_Germany/ (new folder)Ports/Willhelmshaven
In other words split the large PortTraffic_TG up into individual ports . This way someone could work on an individual port .
Old 05-10-11, 01:23 AM   #75
Zedi
Sea Lord

Not sure what you mean exactly. But to make it short.. if you wanna join us and help, your welcome! I said many times that if the campaign will be reworked, thats not a one man show. I started by placing mines and nets into the campaign and ended up reworking the whole thing.. and thats just to much work for me. Trevally already joined me, Stoian too.. and there is plenty of room for more. Just let us know.
Closed Thread