Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In the beginning of this thread someone wrote

80-15-5 (if I remember correctly)
80% will feel from nothing to laying in bed with high fever-Like a flu
15 % will get so ill they have to seek medical help
5 % will get so ill they need to be put in a respirator

Among these 80 % there are those who is in need of medical help, after the infection have passed..mostly due to no return of smell and taste.

Edit
And the fatigue syndrome-There are many who, efter the infection still suffer from this
End edit

Here in Denmark there is a section at some hospital where they treat people who have lost taste and/or smell and the queue to start a treatment is many month.

Markus
I have 3 coworkers that contracted COVID. All stayed home for 2 weeks as recommended. The main complaint was fatigue and fever. Fever broke in 2-3 days. They have had no lasting effects from COVID. Of the three their ages are 20, 57 and 65. None have any unlaying issues with exception of high blood pressure and diabetes(the 65 yo).
Old 07-30-21, 08:32 AM   #7652
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lo...?ocid=BingNews

Quote:
Los Angeles Unified School District said Thursday it is requiring all students and faculty to be tested for COVID-19 – regardless of their vaccination status – before returning to in-person learning for the new school year.
This should prove interesting to find out how many people actually have Covid-19 even though they are vaccinated.

What a shock that would be

One of the symptoms is that you don't have any symptoms
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 08:43 AM   #7653
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lo...?ocid=BingNews

This should prove interesting to find out how many people actually have Covid-19 even though they are vaccinated.

What a shock that would be

One of the symptoms is that you don't have any symptoms
Yes sir. Typhoid Marys.
Old 07-30-21, 08:47 AM   #7654
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Thank God we do not have a vaccination rate of 100% in our population, else all infected would be vaccinated and the vaccine by that be shown ineffective.
Old 07-30-21, 08:55 AM   #7655
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thank God we do not have a vaccination rate of 100% in our population, else all infected would be vaccinated and the vaccine by that be shown ineffective.
The vaccine is ineffective for some. More interesting, how long does the vaccine protect? Now, Neal's friend was vaccinated in Jan if I remember correctly. Here we are 7 months out and he has contracted the virus. When the vaccine was finally offered and administered the longevity of protection with the vaccine was not known. Some said 6 months and a booster would be needed. We don't really know.
Old 07-30-21, 09:34 AM   #7656
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 09:41 AM   #7657
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-30-21, 09:44 AM   #7658
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Labour is calling for England to follow Wales and bring forward the date on which fully vaccinated people can avoid isolation.

Fully-jabbed people in Wales will not need to self-isolate after contact with someone with Covid from 7 August.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps says there is no reason for England to bring forward its date from 16 August.

More pregnant women should get the vaccine, England's chief midwife says, as estimates suggest the majority are unvaccinated.

Covid infections rose for most parts of the UK in the week up to 24 July, according to Office for National Statistics estimates.

The R number has fallen slightly in England and is now between 1.1. and 1.4 - last week it was between 1.2 and 1.4

Japan has widened a state of emergency in Tokyo and expanded it to new regions as it faces a surge in cases.

A new Covid outbreak of the Delta variant in China is being described as the worst since Wuhan.

Old 07-30-21, 09:47 AM   #7659
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

France is reimposing lockdown rules in two overseas territories – Martinique in the Caribbean and La Reunion in the Indian Ocean – where infection rates are much higher that in mainland France. Martinique’s rate is 995 per 100,000 of the population, and La Reunion, a Beta (South African) variant hotspot, has a rate of 350. The mainland rate is 189, Le Figaro reports.

The UK government’s worries about the Beta variant mean that visitors from France, even those fully vaccinated, have to quarantine for 10 days. Studies suggest Beta may be more resistant to vaccines. About 52% of people in France are now fully vaccinated, but vaccination rates in the French Caribbean are much lower. The number of Covid patients in intensive care has risen above 1,000 again in France.

Portugal will start easing its Covid rules in phases from Sunday, citing progress in vaccinations. Shops and restaurants will be able to stay open until 2am and working from home will no longer be compulsory. The authorities aim to have 57% of the population fully vaccinated by Sunday.

Germany's federal authorities have asked the regions to give back tens of thousands of unused vaccine doses, so that they can be sent to other countries and not wasted. The surplus has built up because of lower demand, now that so many people have had the jab.

The Czech government says it will give civil servants who get vaccinated an extra two days of holiday. “I have not found other ways of motivating people to get vaccinated,” said PM Andrej Babis. The anti-vaxxer movement is strong in the Czech Republic.

Old 07-30-21, 09:50 AM   #7660
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-30-21, 10:02 AM   #7661
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

So the vaccine does not last forever and does not prevent infection 100%. Big deal, there are many vaccines not being that perfect. In fact, most aren't.

The Covid-vaccines reduce in case of Delta:

1. the time the infected is infectous for others;
2. the infectious virus load of the infected (that he could then spread)
3. the probability to get infected in the first
4. dramatically the probability of suffering serious symptoms commanding hospitalization, causing high costs for the community, employers and insurrers, and maybe ending in exitus.

Mind you, Delta seems to have a virus load during infection 1200 higher than earlier strains. With the earlier strains, the vaccines are even more effective.

Many of the people in this forum live in countries where certain vaccinations are mandatory for babies and young kids and school kids. SINCE DECADES. And those who do international travel know destinations where it is mandatory for you to prove you got certain vaccinations, else you are not allowed in. SINCE DECADES.

Its pure stubborness and brutal selfishness and a principal querulent attitude that drives antivaccers. I am sick and tired of these cavepeople. If they would take risks and only suffer alone from their manifestation and pay for them all by themsleves, I would not complain. But they sentence others to share their risks, they spread the risk, and they expect the community to pay for their treatment and consequences from their invitation to desaster. That is unforgivable, and I accept no excuse for it, no matter its nature. No excuse anymore.

We are at a turning point where the vaccinated become the majority and the refusers the minority. I do not accept the tyranny of the neurotic minority wanting to command that the majority and the community has to play to their rules and has to repair and pay for the damages they do. I predoicted last year this timem this chnage woudlo come. And I stick to what I said already back then what it commands in a change of attitude on non-vaccunated people.

If somebody drives in a car, and does not fasten his seatbelt and refuses it, and a car slams into his rear, and his car jumps forward from the hit and crashes into the truck in front and so he flies through the windshield and then looks ugly and is dead, he did not die from his young or old age. He did not die of comorbidities. He did not die of his religious wordview and not of his skin colour. Not of his fincial status and not of his social class. He died because he refused to fasten his seatbelts. Insurrers should be freed then to pay out money to his family. The family should pay and come to terms with the consequences all by itself. And possibly it should even pay compensation to the other participants in that accident. If that breaks that family its economic neck, so be it. Will teach others a lesson: when you drive, fasten your damn seat belts, idiot.
Old 07-30-21, 11:02 AM   #7662
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

The health fascists' seem to be a little restless today.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 11:19 AM   #7663
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
[...] Mind you, Delta seems to have a virus load during infection 1200 higher than earlier strains. With the earlier strains, the vaccines are even more effective. [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The health fascists' seem to be a little restless today.
I guess we will soon see the Trump fascists' Antiva change their mind, Faux News already did so. If not, they will deplete their own voting numbers

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 12:21 PM   #7664
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I guess we will soon see the Trump fascists' Antiva change their mind, Faux News already did so. If not, they will deplete their own voting numbers
No one should care about anything other than the rate of hospitalizations and deaths as a percentage of *all* infections. By that measure, greater than 99% of those infected recover with no issues.

Even if you look at it as a percent of cases, they're miniscule across the board and one could tell that that were in there way downward by looking at the slope of the case count changes and projecting forward 3 weeks.

Less scientism and more science!

Fact of the matter is that governments across the planet have unequivocally demonstrated exactly how incompetent and self-serving they all are by their continued willingness to take advise from "experts" who have been proven wrong time and time again.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 01:00 PM   #7665
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
So the vaccine does not last forever and does not prevent infection 100%. Big deal, there are many vaccines not being that perfect. In fact, most aren't.

The Covid-vaccines reduce in case of Delta:

1. the time the infected is infectous for others;
2. the infectious virus load of the infected (that he could then spread)
3. the probability to get infected in the first
4. dramatically the probability of suffering serious symptoms commanding hospitalization, causing high costs for the community, employers and insurrers, and maybe ending in exitus.

[/I]
Mind you, 1-4 can be said for all viruses.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan