SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-25-09, 09:58 AM   #166
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216
Uploads: 0

Since the second download all is okay on my boat again fantastic mod looks good works brilliantly many ,many thanks for all your hard work,Donitz is happy again that ive put to sea.
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 10:42 AM   #167
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Damn... I forgot that 1920/1200 doesn't mean 16:9.... . This is indeed a problem. I'm not even sure if the marks remain the same. . Can you use it at 1920/1200 or any other 16:10 resolutions till I figure out how to fix this?

EDIT: yeap, the marks differ. DAMN... this isn't an easy fix, but I should have it by thursday night.
1920 by 1080 is native and is the 16:9 aspect ratio. If you can fix it thats fine no hurry. Well done nevertheless! Thanks!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 10:46 AM   #168
Bill.Braskey
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just want to say thank you for all of your hard work, this is making the German addon worth it!!!
Old 11-25-09, 11:29 AM   #169
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I'm getting CTD with this last version while loading the game, at about 75% progress of the loading bar. No messages, no anything. Only mods installed: OM, OMEGU 2.10, OMEGU 2.10 Hot Fix 3 and of course KiUB 3.0.

Running 4:3 standard ratio, at 1400x1050, OMEGU up to 2.10 HF 3 runs perfectly without KiUB 3

Old 11-25-09, 11:35 AM   #170
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I'm getting CTD with this last version while loading the game, at about 75% progress of the loading bar. No messages, no anything. Only mods installed: OM, OMEGU 2.10, OMEGU 2.10 Hot Fix 3 and of course KiUB 3.0.

Running 4:3 standard ratio, at 1400x1050, OMEGU up to 2.10 HF 3 runs perfectly without KiUB 3

Hitman, do you run an LCD or a CRT?

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 11:48 AM   #171
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:

I can't test that resolution. On other 4:3 resolutions does it CTD? Maybe the game's engine doens't like to scale down images at that resolution . The game uses 1024/1024 type textures (meaning that they are not stretched at 1024x768). However most of mine are 1600/1600 so that they look best at 1600x1200 (or 1920x1200). A fix would be to resize the textures by a factor of 1600/1024 (1.5625) so they don't scale down anymore, but up. Please try it at 1024x768. If it doesn't CTD I'll resize them myself and post a fix.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 12:10 PM   #172
karamazovnew
The Old Man

I've played all day today at 1920x1200. So far, with the exception of a corrupted convoy save (with and without my mod) it's been fine. The longest shot I took was at 4000m. Hit with both eels smack in the sweet zones. At first I thought the AOBF was wrong because my visual estimates of 40-60 AOB were dead wrong and I was getting calculated AOBs of 20-30 degrees. But I went with it and each ship passed along my bow at a perfect 90. I guess I'm not used to SH4 graphics. In Sh3 it was much easier to estimate AOB by eye . And on one attack every AOB reading I took was of about 25 degrees even though I was already on an intercept course. Only later did I realise that the ship was changing course .

A trick I found on 16:10 resolutions is that you can close the panels by clicking just where the handles connect to the panel. That way the AOBF doesn't reset anymore. If this also applies to 4:3 resolutions I'll stretch those handles a bit so that they're easier to click on top of the panel. A good routine would be to:
1: Lock and ID the target, a bit hard since the lock breaks often (not my fault)
2: Click the ship name to browse to that page. After that only open/close the recog manual from the keybind.
3: open the AOBF
4: Lock on target to use the stadi (which btw only works if the ship's name is displayed, otherwise it's a sign that the game doesn't know there's a ship there).
5: After you start the stadimeter take a fast reading of height and also of the length. After that just let the lock break off or switch it off manually. Don't move the scope anymore. Make the calculations (I can do them in 20 seconds now with a bit of practice).
6: Enter the data into the TDC and switch the autoupdate on again. Only now can you freely use the scope again. You can now close the AOBF.
7: If you calculate the speed, either make sure the TDC isn't showed, or, try to click the handle at the metal edge so it doesn't click on the AOBF.

BTW, on my last attack I was right on track, just waiting for the ship to cross my 000 gyro. And nothing... I look at the target, dead in the water. WTF? SHe was doing 5 knots a minute ago... I change course but the track angle is bad (45 degrees). So I go in close at 700m and let loose a magnetic eel. I follow it with my cam and here's what I see...

They've built those mines worse than I've built my mod
Old 11-25-09, 12:34 PM   #173
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Found the following issues. The .cfg files for JpGunboat01, JpGunBoat02, Msn013, and SCSSubchaser are from RSRDC and not stock. When used "without" RSRDC the system will CTD.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 12:50 PM   #174
heidelbergensis
Watch

Downloads: 118

Hi... I´m using 1280 x 1024; that is, 5:4 ratio..

Probably nobody is today using this resolution for gaming already.¿Could I do somethink to adapt the mod to my resolution? It´s the maximun allowed on my monitor....
heidelbergensis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 01:15 PM   #175
karamazovnew
The Old Man

I've update the release post with new info...
Damn, I really wanted this mod to work on all resolutions. To understand WHY it doesn't work on all resolutions: the original background image is scaled up uniformly from 1024x768 until it's sides hit the edge of the screen. The same thing happens to the hard coded periscope marks. I wanted the background image to have the same look on all resolutions and for the viewfinder and marks to take up the exact same space. But since the 3d image behind is zoomed up, 2 things happen:
1. the side images that I used to "Stretch" the background remain too small and gaps appear (should've thought of that)
2. the ships become bigger and so my fixed marks are no longer correct. To fix this I have to change the AOBF, both inner (the marks circle) and the outer (the speed wedge position).

Thanks Lurker... that should explain Hitman's CTD. I swear RSRD was off, maybe it was a JSGME delete bug.. I'll delete the files from the archive and repost it. .

Heidelberg.. sorry but no. My monitor doesn't support that resolution so I can't see what's going on there... If your monitor can handle 1280x960 without stretching you'd just have small bands under and above the view, but otherwise it would work correct.
Old 11-25-09, 01:39 PM   #176
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Found the following issues. The .cfg files for JpGunboat01, JpGunBoat02, Msn013, and SCSSubchaser are from RSRDC and not stock. When used "without" RSRDC the system will CTD.
Cheers Lurker will delete them before enabling and see what happens
Old 11-25-09, 01:45 PM   #177
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Note to self... reinstall SH4 from scratch, enable the base mods, test and only then post .

I've updated the main file. Hitman please tell me if this solved the problem.
Old 11-25-09, 01:57 PM   #178
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

I will download it later, but for now I can say that deleting the whole sea folder (I couldn't find all units pointed by Lurker, so I went for the safe side) makes the mod run perfectly

A huge thanks to your for this outstanding work, that has brought me back to SH4 Uboats
Old 11-25-09, 02:12 PM   #179
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
A huge thanks to your for this outstanding work, that has brought me back to SH4 Uboats
The irony is that your Ujagd brought me back to SH3 one year ago . SO consider it a special dedication.
Old 11-25-09, 02:16 PM   #180
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Note to self... reinstall SH4 from scratch, enable the base mods, test and only then post .

I've updated the main file. Hitman please tell me if this solved the problem.
I "strongly" recommend that you not include any of the IJN naval units. I don't think the BDU wants Japanese warships sunk. Also in the first post of the OMEGU thread, I advertised that "stock" RSRDC user can use OM+OMEGU at the same time.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote