Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-15, 10:07 PM   #1
Johndb
Watch

Downloads: 227
Uploads: 0
Default 4 Bearings Method

After an absence of approx 2 years I decided to install silent hunter 5 on my computer again.

First off I just want to thank all the people and Modders for all the excellent work and time spent getting SH5 to where it is now.

After spending many hours watching installation and various tutorials I have managed to successfully install the mega mod Wolves of steel with the latest patch 12 using real navigation.

Decided to brush up on manual TDC etc using the Historical Missions before attempting the Campaign. This went very well.

After watching the excellent 4 bearings videos by stoiman I loaded the 4 bearings mission.

I just can't seem to locate the ship using the hydrophone manually or with the Sonar mans help. In the video I should pick the ship up at around 258 degrees.

What am I doing Wrong? I have checked the Hydrophone on other Historical missions and it seems to work perfectly.

Any help will be appreciated.
Johndb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-15, 01:30 AM   #2
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndb View Post
After an absence of approx 2 years I decided to install silent hunter 5 on my computer again.

First off I just want to thank all the people and Modders for all the excellent work and time spent getting SH5 to where it is now.

After spending many hours watching installation and various tutorials I have managed to successfully install the mega mod Wolves of steel with the latest patch 12 using real navigation.

Decided to brush up on manual TDC etc using the Historical Missions before attempting the Campaign. This went very well.

After watching the excellent 4 bearings videos by stoiman I loaded the 4 bearings mission.

I just can't seem to locate the ship using the hydrophone manually or with the Sonar mans help. In the video I should pick the ship up at around 258 degrees.

What am I doing Wrong? I have checked the Hydrophone on other Historical missions and it seems to work perfectly.

u can take the tutorial from the game menu and there will explain u all what u need to do.... in that 4 bearing mission the ship contact is around 23 - 1:00 AM i am not sure cos is played long time ago that mission
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-15, 06:06 AM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi John

Check this out it might help.
Post #22 4 Bearing Method By Kuikueg + Video Links

Post #57 Using The 4 Bearing True Method By Trevally

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-15, 07:07 AM   #4
Johndb
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
u can take the tutorial from the game menu and there will explain u all what u need to do.... in that 4 bearing mission the ship contact is around 23 - 1:00 AM i am not sure cos is played long time ago that mission
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the video and got all this information a couple of days ago.

How can I set the Mission setting for the 4 Bearings so that I can practice this method on my own without the tutorial help.

At the moment the Mission setting are:
Hour 8
Current Hour 0
Etc,Etc

....... Player Sub
Depth -25
Heading 90
Speed 0
Crew rating Veteran
Location 50 Degrees 12 minutes N 20 degrees 44 minutes W

Thanks once again for your kind response.

John
Old 11-18-15, 06:54 AM   #5
Johndb
Watch

Quote:
Thanks Sjizzle. I started the 4 bearing tutorial and then run the Mission and all worked fine.
When you run the tutorial it eventually TC the time to around 03:15.

How can I change the Mission settings so that I can Plot the Bearings all on my own without going through the whole tutorial again where it shows you how to use the mapping tools ?

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 11-18-15, 07:59 AM   #6
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:
Thanks Sjizzle. I started the 4 bearing tutorial and then run the Mission and all worked fine.
When you run the tutorial it eventually TC the time to around 03:15.

How can I change the Mission settings so that I can Plot the Bearings all on my own without going through the whole tutorial again where it shows you how to use the mapping tools ?

Thanks again for all the help.
yeas u can load the mission from the game menu > Historical missions and from there select four bearing method mission i did a test 2 min. ago and work very well for me
Old 11-18-15, 08:58 AM   #7
Johndb
Watch

Quote:
yeas u can load the mission from the game menu > Historical missions and from there select four bearing method mission i did a test 2 min. ago and work very well for me
Thanks, But I tried mine and it always starts at 23.00 Naut. the only way to get my first contact is to advance time to 03.07 Naut before I can pick up the contact via the hydrophone. Even if I use the tutorial it always says advancing time to sync with Mission.

Where can I download the same mission used by stoiman in his videos. He started his 4 bearing mission at 30 degrees heading , 19 feet under the water and a totally different location and time.

Are you using the same wolves of steel Mega Mod or sobers ?

Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-18-15, 09:08 AM   #8
Johndb
Watch

Quote:
Thanks, But I tried mine and it always starts at 23.00 Naut. the only way to get my first contact is to advance time to 03.07 Naut before I can pick up the contact via the hydrophone. Even if I use the tutorial it always says advancing time to sync with Mission.

Where can I download the same mission used by stoiman in his videos. He started his 4 bearing mission at 30 degrees heading , 19 feet under the water and a totally different location and time.

Thanks for all the help.
By the way, is there another way to donate to this site.
In the past I used to use my PayPal account but I would prefer to make a direct payment using my credit card.

John
Old 11-18-15, 02:11 PM   #9
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Quote:

Thanks for all the help.
that stoian video is very old and i think that four bearing mission is self made by stoian for that tutorial ... i didn't saw him online from long time ago on subsim or skype if i mange to talk with him i will ask about that mission