SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-20, 11:47 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I wonder how they financially realise it. I think they almost "must" run a service like iRacing in the world of car racing: a subscription model, that is.

I also wonder about the specs what the following videos show and reveal, sound slike a real bummer. 600 miles viewing range, that alone already is a killer mark.

It looks fantastic, yes, and until 2.5 years ago this woulod hjave been a no brainer to me. But I am used to Google Earth in VR, that also is a mark which is difficult to beat, so to me it is about how they realise the big airliner complexity realism in cockpit.

I say this ^ today. When release day comes, I probably will give in and turn out to be a weak vasall of the commercial business empire - if the price is reasonable or the subscription model is priced reasonably. If it goes crazy like iRacing, I am out. However, this is a great opportunity for MS to do advertizing for its own Bing, so I think it is not their interest to price this too high - even more so since on the hardware side this so far looks as if needing serious investments by many interested potential customers as well. As a once-for-a-lifetime price I have 100 coins as my limit for this, and subscription: thinking of 40-50 per year being my limit. I have not too uch love for subscirptions, though not fundamwentally oppoosuin g therm alltogethekr I was subscriber to The Hunter for over 6 years. I just do not accept it to become my choice by routine, like I also do not accept payware TV or payware streaming of subscriptions of magazines or newspapers. Buying - okay, fine with me, but I just dont like subscription.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-25-20 at 11:58 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote