SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-11, 09:28 PM   #1561
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalSquirrel View Post
I was looking for the USS Drum but I just got back from a patrol and just accepted command of a shiny brand new USS Balao

That would be the USS Balao, I have a number of different skins for that sub. Be back tomorrow with the list.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 10:03 PM   #1562
NavalSquirrel
Watch

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
That would be the USS Balao, I have a number of different skins for that sub. Be back tomorrow with the list.
I thought thats what I said I used to command the USS Drum. Got back to Pearl and COMSUBPAC said "Hey do you want to have a new sub?" I said "Sure" and they tossed me the USS Balao lol

btw, thanks a lot boss. Will post the battle flag I came up with here shortly. Also, how many bloody ships do I have to sink before a guy can get promoted lmao

Last edited by NavalSquirrel; 04-02-11 at 10:20 PM.
NavalSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 06:10 AM   #1563
NavalSquirrel
Watch

Ok guys here is what I kinda got so far. I know it looks very rough but frickin google wouldn't work with me.
Old 04-03-11, 08:13 AM   #1564
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217

Quote:
I thought thats what I said I used to command the USS Drum. Got back to Pearl and COMSUBPAC said "Hey do you want to have a new sub?" I said "Sure" and they tossed me the USS Balao lol

btw, thanks a lot boss. Will post the battle flag I came up with here shortly. Also, how many bloody ships do I have to sink before a guy can get promoted lmao
Want you the Drum in SH4? What is your specific problem?

Please, search in the roster the list of boats, Class Balao for instance (if Drum is Balao, I think it isn´t) or the class of your sub, and delete all the boats except the Drum. Put the number one for the Drum, and you will have ever the Drum when select/promoted to Balao Class sub.

This is my SS Balao config in TMO 21:

[UnitClass]
ClassName=SSBalao
UnitType=200
AppearanceDate=19430101
DisappearanceDate=19750612
DisplayName=US Balao

[Texture 1]
TextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Balao/NSS_Balao_T01.tga
LightmapTextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Balao/NSS_Balao_O01.tga
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19440504
Frequency=1

[Texture 2]
TextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Balao/NSS_Balao_T02.tga
LightmapTextureName=data/Submarine/NSS_Balao/NSS_Balao_O01.tga
StartDate=19440505
EndDate=19990711
Frequency=1

[Unit 1]
Name=USS Pampanito (SS-383)
DOC=19430101
DOD=19460820

;************ The End ************

I have only Pampanito when play with Balao Class.

The file is in your SH4 folder\data\roster\american\submarine\SSBalao.cfg

Observe I put Unit 1 to the Pampanito, and I delete all the other subs names. Also, I changed the dates for availability.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 08:38 AM   #1565
NavalSquirrel
Watch

Huh? No, the USS Drum was a Gato class sub. My initial question was if anyone knew of anything like this still running. I now have the USS Balao, lead ship of the Balao class. Would you happen to know how to place a battle flag on the sub itself? I cant for the life of me figure it out. Tbh, after spending about 5 hours trying to figure this out, I have no idea whats going on anymore lmao

Oh and the USS Drum is in the game.......I meant to say something else but my head hurts lmao
Old 04-03-11, 09:17 AM   #1566
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Huh? No, the USS Drum was a Gato class sub. My initial question was if anyone knew of anything like this still running. I now have the USS Balao, lead ship of the Balao class. Would you happen to know how to place a battle flag on the sub itself? I cant for the life of me figure it out. Tbh, after spending about 5 hours trying to figure this out, I have no idea whats going on anymore lmao

Oh and the USS Drum is in the game.......I meant to say something else but my head hurts lmao
If you use TMO, you can put an emblem in your sub. Of course, this is a "Fixed" emblem, it don´t change with your victories. See the "Sample Emblem" submod in the Documentation folder of TMO 2, and make your own emblems.

I want the kill flags mod, too. But it´s seems impossible now...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 04-03-11, 09:19 AM   #1567
Captain Dave
Officer

Downloads: 398
Uploads: 3

I use GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) to put battle flags and emblems on sub sides. You have to work with this image : NSS_BalaoTower_TO2A.dds. Found in Data-Textures-TNormal-tex. What you put on the Starboard side will mirror image on the Port side. Most numbers and letters there will be backward.
Captain Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 09:23 AM   #1568
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dave View Post
I use GIMP( http://www.gimp.org/) to put battle flags and emblems on sub sides. You have to work with this image : NSS_BalaoTower_TO2A.dds. Found in Data-Textures-TNormal-tex. What you put on the Starboard side will mirror image on the Port side. Most numbers and letters there will be backward.
Thanks for the tip. I made my own emblems/battle flags with Sample Emblem of TMO 2. It seems only works with TMO 20/21 (and RSRDC with TMO).

No mirrors in the TMO emblem.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 04-03-11, 09:30 AM   #1569
Captain Dave
Officer

Downloads: 398
Uploads: 3

Then with Gimp I should be able to edit the sample image to add Kill Flags and numbers without a mirror effect. Is this right?
Captain Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 10:49 AM   #1570
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dave View Post
Then with Gimp I should be able to edit the sample image to add Kill Flags and numbers without a mirror effect. Is this right?
OK. Edit Sample Emblem with any image editor. I have the Pampanito emblem and Wahoo emblem and no mirrors.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 04-03-11, 11:01 AM   #1571
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Hi, I place my own emblems/ killflags with Gimp using Data/Textures/Tnormal/tex/NSS_BoattypeTower_T01 & T02 dds files, convert to .tga, add markings, save as .dds, remembering to place in any corresponding paths of super-mods, i.e RFB, TMO, FOTRS. Of course using this method is slightly long winded and results in mirrored conflicts on the port side, ok if you don't place boat No. There is a mod: TheBeastBelow_Exhaust_DecalPak_SH4_v1.5
which overcomes that problem but is somewhat confusing in it's instructions, (well is for me anyway). Good luck and bring back Killflags mod someone.
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-11, 11:24 AM   #1572
NavalSquirrel
Watch

thanks everyone, I will try and see if I can attach the battle flag. So the only way the battle flag will work is with TMO? Oh and I made my battle flag using paint.net and images I found off google. Hope this helps anyone
Old 04-03-11, 02:30 PM   #1573
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Trigger View Post
Hi, I place my own emblems/ killflags with Gimp using Data/Textures/Tnormal/tex/NSS_BoattypeTower_T01 & T02 dds files, convert to .tga, add markings, save as .dds, remembering to place in any corresponding paths of super-mods, i.e RFB, TMO, FOTRS. Of course using this method is slightly long winded and results in mirrored conflicts on the port side, ok if you don't place boat No. There is a mod: TheBeastBelow_Exhaust_DecalPak_SH4_v1.5
which overcomes that problem but is somewhat confusing in it's instructions, (well is for me anyway). Good luck and bring back Killflags mod someone.
Regards,
H.T.
I used some time ago the BeastBelow mod, but the emblems reflected in the interior side of the bridge in TMO...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 04-03-11, 02:32 PM   #1574
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
thanks everyone, I will try and see if I can attach the battle flag. So the only way the battle flag will work is with TMO? Oh and I made my battle flag using paint.net and images I found off google. Hope this helps anyone
I tried the TMO Sample Emblem mod in FOTRS and it didn´t work. No emblems...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 04-03-11, 04:42 PM   #1575
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Fitzcarraldo wrote:

"I used some time ago the BeastBelow mod, but the emblems reflected in the interior side of the bridge in TMO..."

Have not used TMO only RFB, I believe TMO had its own utility for placing emblems/Killflags, see this tutorial :

regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote