SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-09, 12:23 PM   #181
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

The page didn't update: Your comment appeared as I was writing my reply to Cmd_Jacek, so I didn't see your post until after I posted my comment.

The hydro lines... well... If you don't use Map Updates, you never see them ofc. But if you use them (i like the lines, not the bloody boxes), you only see Hydrophone lines of sound contacts if you can't visually spot the ships. That means that you see them only if you're submerged AND your periscopes are down. As soon as the scopes break the water and a ship enters visual range, some magic dude replaces all the lines with visual boxes. I like the hydro lines because they are updated in a circular way, once every 10-20 seconds, which is preety realistic. Also, by replacing the ContLine.tga file with a staggered line like the RFB one, you can't plot on the lines, they loose all of their precise range length. I'll stop here.

The Ujagd Tools: Not yet, one step at a time. They're simple dials linked to the temporary TDC solution pages. I will not import them, I'll recreate them from scratch. The Stadimeter will work but only for visual reading of the marks because I can't show the angle reading (it's buggy and can only be viewed if the stadimeter is started from the Range Page which I plan to use for something else). I'll also keep the game's original scope lenses, zoom levels and hard coded line marks. The Attack disk will only have the front side. I'll link it to the proper Bearing/Course dials to automate it as much as possible. If only I had access to my main pc I'd show you a few interesting screenies , but that's not possible for almost a month . The whole shabang is made in Maya as a complete 3d enviroment render split into separate tga's. It looks awesome .
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 12:43 PM   #182
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
The page didn't update: Your comment appeared as I was writing my reply to Cmd_Jacek, so I didn't see your post until after I posted my comment.

The hydro lines... well... If you don't use Map Updates, you never see them ofc. But if you use them (i like the lines, not the bloody boxes), you only see Hydrophone lines of sound contacts if you can't visually spot the ships. That means that you see them only if you're submerged AND your periscopes are down. As soon as the scopes break the water and a ship enters visual range, some magic dude replaces all the lines with visual boxes. I like the hydro lines because they are updated in a circular way, once every 10-20 seconds, which is preety realistic. Also, by replacing the ContLine.tga file with a staggered line like the RFB one, you can't plot on the lines, they loose all of their precise range length. I'll stop here.

The Ujagd Tools: Not yet, one step at a time. They're simple dials linked to the temporary TDC solution pages. I will not import them, I'll recreate them from scratch. The Stadimeter will work but only for visual reading of the marks because I can't show the angle reading (it's buggy and can only be viewed if the stadimeter is started from the Range Page which I plan to use for something else). I'll also keep the game's original scope lenses, zoom levels and hard coded line marks. The Attack disk will only have the front side. I'll link it to the proper Bearing/Course dials to automate it as much as possible. If only I had access to my main pc I'd show you a few interesting screenies , but that's not possible for almost a month . The whole shabang is made in Maya as a complete 3d enviroment render split into separate tga's. It looks awesome .
about Hydro: i see your point but i think (yes ,we must consider that this has do to with the matter of ...taste) that when you are hunted by dds your job is to sit at the chair of sonarman and plan your escape from there .thats only my opinion though and as i said is a matter of taste

about u-jagd: i think i got you and seems very interesting! looking forward to see what you are preparing... good luck!

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-09, 12:44 PM   #183
bojan811
Engineer

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply...

Bojan, please read again my instructions (posted up on 07-25-2009 12:04 AM) on what this mod does and how to customise it. If you don't have photoshop, Gimp is a free app that does the same job. No photo skills needed, all you do is fill the images with single colors . Experiment a little. If you want to remove the filters all you need to do is fill the aplha channels of the *_filter.tga files with perfect black. Don't delete them or you'll get a "file not found" error. The AP is darker than the UZO and Obs Scope by design, not by accident. Even so, it's a bit brighter than the original ACM 1.10 one.

Cmd_Jacek, you've got it all wrong. I did not add filters to make the marks more visible . Ok, the Obs scope line are Black because the filter itself is more bright so now the marks are visible . But that was just coincidence, since green lines didn't look good on a yellow background as they did on the red one. FFS, now I'm getting confused. Let me explain a bit:
- the "lens" is actually a transparent (black alpha) hole in the background image through which you can see the 3d world.
- the "lens" has 3 components, so to speak:
1. the geometry of the lens, meaning the illusion that the lens is curved on the outside, made by using gradients (black to white circles) in the ObsScope.tga and Periscope.tga alpha channels. Indeed, the Periscope.tga alpha channel has a more "opaque" lens, meaning that it's a tiny tiny bit darker (whiter alpha), but not as dark(opaque/white) as the original ACM file.
2. the color of the lens (the "glass", not the lines!), given by the *_filter.tga files. Again, if you read carefully the instalation instructions, near the download link, you can see that to make the lens brighter, all you need to do is change the color in that file with a brighter (whiter) tint. Yeap, that's all.
3. the markings on the lens, given by the *_marks.tga files. These are transparent (but coloured) images, except for the opaque (white alpha channel) marks that you see as lines and numbers.

Wait a sec..... uhmmm....
Oh thanks for the reply.I read this just now.
Will try to experiment , but I am kind of used to it right now.
bojan811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 08:33 PM   #184
karamazovnew
The Old Man

All right, finnaly I've managed to finish it . I've managed to reduce the ACM mod (with ACM reloaded) to only 49 MB and made it compatible with OLC's MK2. You no longer need the ACM 1.1 (download link doesn't work either), but now you do need the OLC Mk2 (either C, or D, doesn't matter). Since you're realism purists, I guess you won't mind that it's only tested with the Longer Repair Times version . It took some testing yet some things might've slipped by me.

I've decided to start a new thread since the change is major. Any bugs, tips, comments for the "ACM Reloaded for OLC's Mk2" should be posted here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77#post1158177 Mikhayl, I hope you'll use it too when you play SH3 .
Old 08-26-09, 03:00 AM   #185
Max_Kruschka
Swabbie

Downloads: 29

Hi,
help me set in the German Attack Disc of ACM GUI v.1.1.0 scale «Vorhalt» from U-jagd 1.3.

Thanks in advance!
Max_Kruschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 01:10 PM   #186
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Kruschka View Post
Hi,
help me set in the German Attack Disc of ACM GUI v.1.1.0 scale «Vorhalt» from U-jagd 1.3.

Thanks in advance!
Do you mean the front side of the attack disk? If you drag on the outside you can rotate the transparent double wedge . If you drag on the inside you can rotate the inner (ship) dial. I hope that's the info yo u needed.
Old 08-27-09, 12:22 AM   #187
Max_Kruschka
Swabbie

Quote:
Do you mean the front side of the attack disk? If you drag on the outside you can rotate the transparent double wedge . If you drag on the inside you can rotate the inner (ship) dial. I hope that's the info yo u needed.
Yes, I mean the front side of the attack disk. For training I use a manual "Angriffsscheibe_Handbuch_3" and there almost all the examples use a scale «Vorhalt». In the manual Scale «Vorhalt» denoted "D" (Bearing and Lead Angle).
Link to manual http://www.mediafire.com/?jjtm0omyt3w
Link to U-jagd 1.3. (Here all parameters of the scale «Vorhalt») http://www.filefront.com/user/joegrundman
ACM GUI v.1.1.0. is a great mod, so please help add scale «Vorhalt» in the ACM GUI v.1.1.0.

Last edited by Max_Kruschka; 08-27-09 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-27-09, 01:43 AM   #188
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Yes, I mean the front side of the attack disk. For training I use a manual "Angriffsscheibe_Handbuch_3" and there almost all the examples use a scale «Vorhalt». In the manual Scale «Vorhalt» denoted "D" (Bearing and Lead Angle).
Link to manual http://www.mediafire.com/?jjtm0omyt3w
Link to U-jagd 1.3. (Here all parameters of the scale «Vorhalt») http://www.filefront.com/user/joegrundman
ACM GUI v.1.1.0. is a great mod, so please help add scale «Vorhalt» in the ACM GUI v.1.1.0.
Max_Kruschka,
check the thread [REL] OLC Ubermod v2.4.3 for GWX 2.1

at post 1301 you will find what must do to get that you want

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 05:44 AM   #189
Max_Kruschka
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
Max_Kruschka,

bye
Thank you very much! Set! Success!
Old 08-28-09, 06:13 AM   #190
Max_Kruschka
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
Max_Kruschka,

bye
However, devices Attack Disk have turned out elongated. Perhaps to depends on the fact that OLC Ubermod use is a 16km environment?
Can I use your example for the ACM GUI v.1.1.0.? If not, how fix this example for ACM GUI v.1.1.0.?
Old 08-28-09, 07:57 AM   #191
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Quote:
However, devices Attack Disk have turned out elongated. Perhaps to depends on the fact that OLC Ubermod use is a 16km environment?
Can I use your example for the ACM GUI v.1.1.0.? If not, how fix this example for ACM GUI v.1.1.0.?
Why would the 16 km environment affect the 2d interface ? ACM was based on an OLC interface, not sure which one, but the items should be there, just make sure to renumber everything correctly. Good luck.

However, since this is an ACM thread, why do you even bother with the attack disk? I have a self-made attack disk but I never use it. The TDC does everything that you'd need. The only thing that it can't give you is the target's course based on it's bearing and AOB. And the Attack disk does that beautifully with it's present items. Check out my guide to using the TDC, http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151431.
Old 08-31-09, 07:03 PM   #192
JohnnyBlaze
Officer

Downloads: 204

Hi, Mikhayl. Great work on this mod, thanks!

One thing I would like to change

Quote:
-I removed the coloured marks on the AOB finder, IMO they give much more accuracy than what real life Kaleuns had and I felt I was kind of cheating. With the coloured marks it was possible to find a pretty good firing solution with only one observation, now since the scope marks are more spaced and thus less accurate, you will want to plot your target for a bit and make several observations to get a decent firing solution.
How can I get this back?

Thanks
Old 10-13-09, 02:46 AM   #193
Nissum
Watch

Downloads: 167
Default Lösung iengestellt

Just downloaded your ComboGui and installed it with Jsgme, looks very good. I have a little problem though. I don`t know if it is your GUI or GWX 3,0 that does it but my weapons officer can no longer give me the firing solution. When i press the shortcut for the weapons officer all his functions are there but the firing solutions button. He can ID the ship, choose target, manage weapons, open and close selected tubes. I know that in your combo mod all the tools for a manual target solution are there but along with my geomatry skills my math skills suchs, i just can`t get the AOB right no matter how hard I try and no matter how many manuals I read about the attack disc (the original german to) I just don`t understand the basics of the wheel. So I need my weapons officers fantastic skill for this. Can you help me? Mods I am using are:

1. GWX 3.0
2. GWX merged campaign
3. GWX VIIC41 player sub
4. GWX Enhanced damage effect
5. ACM v 1.1.0 Core files
6. ACM v 1.1.0 Dark files
7. Lifeboats & Debris_v4
8. DBSM
Nissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-09, 03:05 AM   #194
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

The firing solution button has been deleted for realism purposes, because ACM GUI has been made for manual targeting. You have to calculate your solution by yourself.
Old 10-13-09, 07:07 AM   #195
Einsman
Engineer

Location: In one place in the Atlantic, say A Coruña, Galiza (Spain)
Downloads: 187

Hi!

Is this mod compatible with WAC 4.1?

Thank you
Einsman is offline   Reply With Quote