SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-13, 09:21 PM   #1486
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Thanks. Is it compatible with NewUI and IRAI?
Yes, and FX Update too

Quote:
My next patch that I've been working on will really blow you away. How about aircraft carriers that launch airplanes when they detect a contact Still some bugs to work out on it...
Could be an IRAI addition!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 10:13 PM   #1487
Cpt.JohnDoe
Nub

Downloads: 5
Default Key bindings

Hi,

Im new to SH5, but not the SH series. I am having issues with AI firing deck gun at locked targets well within range. I have tried to use the binoculars, but with the target lock/unlock and fire button on the space bar...how can i command the AI gunners to fire without me having to do it manually?

I have done mods on SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, but from what ive read in the forums, there is more to it than a simple download of a file and copying it to the game folder. I will look further into modding as this is a great game.

But in the short term, i would appreciate any advice on how to get the gunners to fire the guns, Thanks
Cpt.JohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 10:42 PM   #1488
Fifi
Navy Seal

^^^^ Clic the watch officer icon, then the deck gun icon, then the big icon far left side (fire at will), that should do the trick
Old 03-11-13, 07:44 AM   #1489
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
v1.0.75.0 released. See post #1

The thing that has been eluding me for some time was finally nailed down today

starting with v1.0.75.0 added a new patch to the SH5.exe that allows the camera on next and previous unit to be able to select air and land units. You also have the ability to select lifeboats..
Great news TDW you are still working on the Patcher
one question: any news about fixing a broken patch AI Crew Damage Control?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 07:47 AM   #1490
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.JohnDoe View Post
Hi,

Im new to SH5, but not the SH series. I am having issues with AI firing deck gun at locked targets well within range. I have tried to use the binoculars, but with the target lock/unlock and fire button on the space bar...how can i command the AI gunners to fire without me having to do it manually?

I have done mods on SH4 Wolves of the Pacific, but from what ive read in the forums, there is more to it than a simple download of a file and copying it to the game folder. I will look further into modding as this is a great game.

But in the short term, i would appreciate any advice on how to get the gunners to fire the guns, Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
^^^^ Clic the watch officer icon, then the deck gun icon, then the big icon far left side (fire at will), that should do the trick
@Fifi
Only if you are using any UI mod..

@Cpt.JohnDoe
If you are not using any UI mod you should order your WO 'man the deck gun' and then lock the target using binocular..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 08:31 PM   #1491
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
My next patch that I've been working on will really blow you away. How about aircraft carriers that launch airplanes when they detect a contact Still some bugs to work out on it...
This is no surprise: you had made some anticipations on thi patch a few month ago.

The good news is that you worked on it in the meanwhile. Now I simply can't wait for it!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 01:22 AM   #1492
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
what more can be done, outstanding TheDarkWraith just outstanding NOTE do we still needed Required menu.txt entries

Thanks Dem

Last edited by dem; 03-12-13 at 04:25 AM.
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 06:04 AM   #1493
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

@TDW

What about the CTD Problems people have when they start a new campaign with your ship inertia stuff enabled?
(See sobers mega mod topic)
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 01:41 PM   #1494
Troutish
Sailor man

Downloads: 18

ok, I THINK i have this working, but is there a way to know/ test that the patcher is working?
Troutish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 02:24 PM   #1495
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutish View Post
ok, I THINK i have this working, but is there a way to know/ test that the patcher is working?
which part of many fixes that it includes?
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 07:43 PM   #1496
Cpt.JohnDoe
Nub

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
@Fifi
Only if you are using any UI mod..

@Cpt.JohnDoe
If you are not using any UI mod you should order your WO 'man the deck gun' and then lock the target using binocular..

Thanks for the reply, i am not runniny any mods. i am familiar with Wolves of the Pacific so i was looking for the ' fire at will ' orders. And i have tried through the watch officer to ' man the deck gun ' then use the binocular and lock on target ( space bar ), but they still wont fire lol. I purchased the digital version from the Ubi store so im not worried about it being a bootleg copy or something. Just dont understand why they took out some key features that make the game playable

I tried a few mods on SH4, and will on SH5 as well but i need to research more because it seems much more complicated.

Thanks again for your help, i think ill be making a donation soon so i can get the mega pack lol

Last edited by Cpt.JohnDoe; 03-12-13 at 07:55 PM.
Cpt.JohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 07:56 PM   #1497
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Easiest way IMO, is to change colors for the map ruler/protractor/compass/marks via the patcher and launch game...if no new colors using those tools on map ---> it's not working as it should
Old 03-13-13, 09:04 AM   #1498
Troutish
Sailor man

Downloads: 18

Good idea.
So i have to unistall the patcher using JGSME; enable the colored map stuff with the patcher, then go back and enable the patcher again with JGSME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Easiest way IMO, is to change colors for the map ruler/protractor/compass/marks via the patcher and launch game...if no new colors using those tools on map ---> it's not working as it should
Troutish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 02:15 PM   #1499
Tord Hoppe
Watch

Downloads: 27

Well, any changes in map tools colours I make in the patcher does not make it through into the game.

I´ve bought a DL-version from Ubisoft, not Steam. I´ve tried applying the changes while turning off any internet access to prevent any online exe-updating when running the game.

Prior to running the Generic Patcher I copy the three files into the patcher directory (not sure why I should do that?). When I run the patcher I first locate the folder where the .s5p-files are, open the first and point to the main SHV-folder where the proper SH5.exe is. Do my editing and close the tool. Rinse and repeat for the other two files.

I then enable the mod in JSGME.

Is this the proper method?

Is there something I can do wrong in the editor when it comes to choosing and enabling the new colours? I select a colour for each entry (coordinates/tools), then enable the entire subsection. The little icon changes to indicate the the section has been enabled.
Tord Hoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 05:25 PM   #1500
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Good idea.
So i have to unistall the patcher using JGSME; enable the colored map stuff with the patcher, then go back and enable the patcher again with JGSME?
If using patcher as a mod, yes.
In patcher and map color section, choose "change ruler color" (or protrator etc) double clic 'color", choose new color, then right clic "change ruler color" and choose enable this option.
Repeat for other items you wanna change...
Note that when changing only few options of "map color" the little icon doesn't become blue as others...it become yellow triangular with a "!".

Remember that Generic Patcher doesn't work if using Steam!