SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-07, 03:09 AM   #976
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor sailor
Only one question for JScones, is additional mod for 3.flotilla compatible with GWX v.1.03?
Yup.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 03:13 AM   #977
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzs von swe
Thank you GWX team
For those of you that are running Vista, make sure you have User Account Control enabled. If you are using JSGME to disable any mods and the patch still says you have mods enabled, right click JSGME.exe and run it as Admin (click where it says run as admin even if it is already marked). You will most likely see the mod in the right window . To be on the safe side run the 1.03 patch as Admin too.

Vista has its own ideas on witch files get write rights or not, still learning:hmm:
Yes, this is VERY important for Vista users.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 03-27-07, 03:17 AM   #978
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariuszj1939
I sent this question by PM - I feel it could be intersted for other Kaleuns !

I added already some ships Queen Mary , Repulse , Norfolk , Empire Freighter etc

Is it still comp. to new planned patch ?
(or it will be overwritten)
In other words - may I install new patch without risk ?

To reduce any further concerns it may be prudent to ask in the GWX release thread about the compatibilty of you added ships.
unquoteYou will need to re-add the ship names to your English/German/FrenchNames.cfg file after installing the patch.

If applicable, you will need to re-add any unique ship-specific scripting after installing the patch.

After this the ships should be fine. Of course, until the GWX dev team "officially" includes them in a future release, they will not exhibit the same behaviour as other core GWX ships.

Regards
JScones

FYG - I installed 1.03 and everything is OK. All additional ships are in GWX.
Thanks JScones !
Thanks.
Old 03-27-07, 05:20 AM   #979
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko_Ramius
Just a question : No problems with the combined skin pack?(I guess not, just in case)
None at all.
Provided you use the GWX skin pack, and not the earlier SH3Cmdr combined skin pack.
Old 03-27-07, 05:32 AM   #980
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian
I think the fatigue modelling may have been screwed up somehow.

I just installed 1.03 clean and used the GW 8 hour model in SH3 Commander. I started a patrol and so far i've been out 24 hours and my crew isn't even tired.

Using 1.02 it was fine. Any ideas what happened guys?

Thanks
My guess is that your base GWX installation wasn't "clean" prior to installing this patch, as this patch makes no changes to the fatigue model (indeed, no GWX patch has).

BTW, the 8hr fatigue model is the default in GWX - you do not need to set it in SH3Cmdr. It's there for non-GWX users who may like to try it.
Old 03-27-07, 07:13 AM   #981
Meridian
Frogman

Downloads: 625

Thanks for the reply JScones. I started another thread about this in case it gets too cluttered. But it was definitely a clean install.

Total wipe of the partition, installed SH3 and 1.4 patch then GWX 1.03. Can't get any cleaner than that.

Something must have gone missing on the install if nothing has changed in the fatigue files. I'll try another install after I get back to port and see what happens.
Meridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 02:25 PM   #982
Matyas
Seaman

Downloads: 9
TC doesn't drops when receiving radio contact report

Hello,

I have a minor complain: my TC is not set back to 1x when receiving radio contact reports. It is a problem for me as sometimes I only notice the new, big square (indicating the convoy) on the map hours after the radio report (and thus loose some precious time before I can start chasing the convoy).

It is strange that TC drops back to 1x (as it should) at radio messages that include text about war news (e.g. verbose commands of the FdU or broadcasts of "Radio Berlin") but the TC doesn't drop back when receiving those more important convoy contact reports!!!

Does anyone else have this issue? Any idea about how to solve it?

Thx in advance!

Matyas
Matyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 02:36 PM   #983
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

If your using SH3Commander(and IMO you should be) then change the tc 'SH3 Options, Time Compression, When Enemy Ships Detected and When Receive Radio Report'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 02:37 PM   #984
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

The default setting is 8 x TC, you can change this via Sh3Cmdr or by editing the main.cfg file in both the program folder and 'My Documents' inside the save directory.
Old 03-27-07, 05:16 PM   #985
Matyas
Seaman

Downloads: 9

Thanks for you reply Jimbuna and Danlisa, but I'm afraid it won't solve my problem. I'm pretty sure that when I received a convoy contact report via radio the TC didn't change a bit (despite it was definitely set to drop back to 8x when receiving radio report). I played the game on 256x TC and when I noticed the new big square on the navmap it was hours after the radio contact report...so it is pretty sure that the TC remained at 256x despite the radio contact report receival. (The only thing that MIGHT have happened is that I didn't notice that a new radio contact report was received and set the TC level to 256x and only after a while noticed the map contact update. But this is quite unlikely, I think. )

And it is also interesting that when I receive not-so-important radio messages (messages that were added by the GWX team to improve immersion e.g. Radio Berlin broadcasts, S.O.S. signals from distant ships, other Uboats' status reports, etc.) the TC always drops back to 1x (!) and I hear the Radioman announcing the reception of a new radio message. Is this type of radio message dealt in a different manner than the radio contact reports (and "Be more aggressive!" and "Keep up the good work" type of messages)? (That would explicate that the TC drops back to 1x at these messages despite it should drop back to 8x.)

Sorry for the too much philosophy.

Anyway I set the TC at radio report receival to 1x in SH3 and give it another try. Who knows, it might work this time.

Matyas
Matyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 07:29 PM   #986
andy_311
The Old Man

Downloads: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_311
Just d/load the link to the torrent getting a error message
Failure: Torrent deleted or not in pool yet,go to demonoid.com and read FAQ for more info.
I put 3 trackers in the torrent and Demonoid is bit of a pain sometime's, when I get back to the PC which is running the torrent I'll remove the demonoid tracker.

You should be able to connect to the others though,:hmm: I think that Potoroo has managed to d/l it.

It wil be sorted at about 8am GMT.
It's okay it eventually d/load am seeding it at the moment if anyone else want's it.
andy_311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 12:36 AM   #987
Flanker15
Seaman

Downloads: 11

Hello! I'm downloading and about to install the GWX mod which looks really good (I hadn't checked the SH3 mods in a long time).
I was wondering if the mod made it so large ships wouldn't always sink in seconds and took hours to sink like in real life. I know that if you do something like detonating a magazine it would sink fast but if you just blow some holes in a BB it would slowly flood and sink over many hours (wouldn't it?).
Flanker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 01:59 AM   #988
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Ships in GWX now sink by 'flooding'....if your using your deck gun, aim along the length of the ship just below the waterline

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 03:30 AM   #989
Flanker15
Seaman

Downloads: 11

Yeah they sink by flooding which is better than that nice SH3 "ohh look I've taken too mauch damage and will now spontaneously combust and explode" system. But how long dose it take for the ship to go down, in SH3 it took about 10 seconds for a BB to sink like a rock, is it slower in GWX?
Flanker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 03:36 AM   #990
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker15
Yeah they sink by flooding which is better than that nice SH3 "ohh look I've taken too mauch damage and will now spontaneously combust and explode" system. But how long dose it take for the ship to go down, in SH3 it took about 10 seconds for a BB to sink like a rock, is it slower in GWX?
Minutes or hours, it totally depends on the damage sustained.

For example, I have hit a Pyro and it has either exploded straight away and then sink after a few minutes or has sustained damage and sunk after an hour from flooding.

Whereas a BB (ie the Rodney) may take a few hours to sink from flooding.

The genius of the new damage model in GWX is that there is now a large amount of uncertainty as to whether your target is going to sink.

Totally Cool