SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-21, 04:47 PM   #601
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Re: 3catcircus That wasn't the coroner's finding.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 05:21 PM   #602
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Re: 3catcircus That wasn't the coroner's finding.
Really?

Here it is:

https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henn...psy-6-3-20.pdf

"III. No life-threatening injuries identified No facial, oral mucosal, or conjunctival petechiae No injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal structures No scalp soft tissue, skull, or brain injuries No chest wall soft tissue injuries, rib fractures (other than a single rib fracture from CPR), vertebral column injuries, or visceral injuries Incision and subcutaneous dissection of posterior and lateral neck, shoulders, back, flanks, and buttocks negative for occult trauma"

"NECK: Layer by layer dissection of the anterior strap muscles of the neck discloses no areas of contusion or hemorrhage within the musculature. The thyroid cartilage and hyoid bone are intact. The larynx is lined by intact mucosa. The thyroid is symmetric and red-brown, without cystic or nodular change. The tongue is free of bite marks, hemorrhage, or other injuries. The cervical spinal column is palpably stable and free of hemorrhage. "

"RESPIRATORY SYSTEM: The right and left lungs weigh 1085 and 1015 g, respectively. The external surfaces are pink only on the most anterior aspects, and deep red-purple in all other areas. The pulmonary parenchyma is diffusely congested and edematous. No mass lesions or areas of consolidation are present. The pulmonary vascular tree is free of thromboemboli. The tracheobronchial tree is free of blood, edema fluid, or foreign material.

CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM: The 540 g heart (upper limit of normal for body length is 510 g; upper limit of normal for body weight is 521 g)1 is contained in an intact pericardial sac. The epicardial surface is smooth, with modest fat investment. The coronary arteries are present in a normal distribution, with a right dominant pattern. Cross sections of the vessels show multifocal atherosclerosis, with 75% proximal and 75% mid narrowing of the left anterior descending coronary artery; 75% proximal narrowing of the 1st diagonal branch of the left anterior descending coronary artery; 25% proximal narrowing of the circumflex coronary artery; and 90% proximal narrowing of the right coronary artery. The myocardium is homogeneous, redbrown, and firm. The valve leaflets are thin and mobile. The walls of the left and right ventricles are 1.2 and 0.4 cm thick, respectively. The endocardium is smooth and glistening. Both ventricular cavities are mildly dilated. The minimally atherosclerotic aorta gives rise to three intact and patent arch vessels. The renal and mesenteric vessels are unremarkable. "

"MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION: Cross sections of left ventricular, right ventricular, and interventricular septal myocardium are examined and show the expected microscopic architecture, with readily visible boxcar nuclear changes in the septal and left ventricular sections. Cross sections of coronary arteries, though not all ideally oriented, confirm the gross impression of atherosclerotic narrowing. Sections of right and left lung show generally normal overall architecture, without malignancy, pneumonia, granulomatous inflammation, or polarizable intravascular foreign material. Many small vessels contain rounded clear vacuoles, consistent with bone marrow embolism from cardiopulmonary resuscitation.'

I'll leave the rest for you to read through. The guy died of a fentanyl overdose-induced collapse of his already compromised cardiovascular system, exacerbated by overexertion while resisting arrest. 75% narrowing of the LAD - that's the artery that causes "widowmaker" heart attacks. 90% narrowing of the right artery. The guy's heart was practically a chunk of beef jerky (no doubt accelerated by his drug abuse).
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 05:23 PM   #603
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
The encounter would not have occurred if Floyd hadn't have pass funny money. The encounter might have been peaceful had he not resisted arrest. His cardiovascular system might not have failed had he not had 3x as much fentanyl as is considered lethal. Floyd controlled whether or not he encountered law enforcement at all that day.

This'll get overturned on appeal. That the verdict came back guilty to begin with is evidence that the jury was terrified of having their houses vandalized or of being attacked. Enjoy mob rule.

I watched the trial I didnt see anyone present anything close to what you just said. I have my opinion but Im also well aware that guilt or innocence is in the hands of the jury and I will accept their verdict over mine yours or anyone elses opinion.

It is also my opinion when you are hand cuffed in the back their is no threat one can offer. Oh you can squirm, bitch and complain all you want but thats not a threat. Neither is trying to roll over or get up because you cant breath.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-20-21 at 05:36 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 05:23 PM   #604
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Apparently you didn't read or understand what I said. A healthy person will die from having their oxygen cut off. The Physicians have said the same thing. Again, in law, you take people as they are. Chauvin killed Floyd and has now been convicted.
See my response to buddahaid - the coroner report shows no such thing happened.

Whether or not Chauvin is bad at his job is irrelevant as to whether or not he is a murderer. The jury ignored the facts, acted on emotion, and now this case will be overturned on appeal.
Old 04-20-21, 05:25 PM   #605
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I watched the trial I didnt see anyone present anything close to what you just said. I have my opinion but Im also well aware that guilt or innocence is in the hands of the jury and I will accept their verdict over mine yours or anyone elses opinion.
It's all in the coroner's report. You have to be willing to find it, read it, and understand the medical language in it. I'm betting the jury lacked the capacity for that or was specifically prevented from doing so.
Old 04-20-21, 05:33 PM   #606
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

My mistake. The medical examiner called it homicide.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 05:44 PM   #607
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
It's all in the coroner's report. You have to be willing to find it, read it, and understand the medical language in it. I'm betting the jury lacked the capacity for that or was specifically prevented from doing so.

Actually I was listening to the trial lawyers make heads or tails of it all. I seem to recall the words homocide, strong heart. I wonder if the stress would have reduced had Chauvin got off of Floyd and rollex him on his side so he could breath?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 06:22 PM   #608
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
My mistake. The medical examiner called it homicide.
This is an important legal distinction. Not all homicides are murder, but all murders are homicides.

Every time a police officer fires on a suspect and kills then, it's a homicide. Even when the facts show it was a good shooting.
Old 04-20-21, 06:35 PM   #609
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Actually I was listening to the trial lawyers make heads or tails of it all. I seem to recall the words homocide, strong heart. I wonder if the stress would have reduced had Chauvin got off of Floyd and rollex him on his side so he could breath?
I'll reiterate. Not all homicide Is murder.

The coroner's report clearly shows he was in heart failure with 75+% narrowing of multiple coronary arteries.

I'm surprised no one brought up the fact that pressure on your upper back in the shoulder region doesn't cause loss of oxygen, but pressure on the abdomen affecting the ability to inflate the diaphragm most certainly does as being of importance here. Which is exactly why the hold he was using didn't cause death since the knee was on the shoulder. The additional camera angles introduced into evidence clearly illustrates this.

https://rumble.com/vfeejx-new-altern...narrative.html

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-case-n1438360

You want to claim involuntary manslaughter? I might have to agree. But it's definitely not murder.
Old 04-20-21, 06:51 PM   #610
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
See my response to buddahaid - the coroner report shows no such thing happened.

Whether or not Chauvin is bad at his job is irrelevant as to whether or not he is a murderer. The jury ignored the facts, acted on emotion, and now this case will be overturned on appeal.
Overturned on appeal ? Well, if you are going to dream, dream big.

Once again, medical experts , I repeat, medical experts testified that the level of force used by Chavin would have killed a healthy person. This information clearly invalidates your drug use logic. Further, the video clearly shows Chauvin putting force on Floyd's neck. The professional medical personnel have expertise in these matters and testified to this effect.

The jury has determined Derek Chavin is a murderer. You can debate it to to your hearts content. You are in the minority, so you know. One other thing. I bet if you were the one being murdered on the street, you would have wanted help and wouldn't feel as you do now. This could have been you or anyone of us here.

A diverse jury of his peers has concluded Derek Chauvin is a murderer. That's good enough for me as Chauvin got the day in court he clearly denied George Floyd.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 07:05 PM   #611
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Some people will be arguing about this case for a long time.

A verdict that disagrees with your opinion is not necessarily a bad verdict.

In MN any conviction of a felony that results in a sentence can be appealed (MN Court Rule 28). So it is almost guaranteed that there will be an appeal.

In MN, as in some other states, there are actually two different types of appeals. There is an appeal for conviction and an appeal for sentence.

I am sure they will be going for an appeal for conviction first.

However, an appeal does not suspend sentence unless a judge specifically grants a suspension.

The rules for appeal in MN can get quite complicated.

So this show is far from over.
Old 04-20-21, 07:33 PM   #612
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Overturned on appeal ? Well, if you are going to dream, dream big.

Once again, medical experts , I repeat, medical experts testified that the level of force used by Chavin would have killed a healthy person. This information clearly invalidates your drug use logic. Further, the video clearly shows Chauvin putting force on Floyd's neck. The professional medical personnel have expertise in these matters and testified to this effect.

The jury has determined Derek Chavin is a murderer. You can debate it to to your hearts content. You are in the minority, so you know. One other thing. I bet if you were the one being murdered on the street, you would have wanted help and wouldn't feel as you do now. This could have been you or anyone of us here.

A diverse jury of his peers has concluded Derek Chauvin is a murderer. That's good enough for me as Chauvin got the day in court he clearly denied George Floyd.
Both the defense and the prosecution presented expert testimony that contradicted they other side's.

As the drug use logic? The coroner's report showing him having 11 ng/ml fentanyl in his system at the time of death (when a typical fentanyl patch delivers a peak of 3.8 ng/ml and a transmucosal dose delivers a peak of 2.1 ng/ml) leads to either a significant tolerance due to prolonged drug abuse or the logical conclusion that he swallowed the fentanyl he bought off of his drug dealer to avoid it being seized as evidence.

Did you read the coroner's report? "Signs associated with fentanyl toxicity include severe respiratory depression, seizures, hypotension, coma and death. In fatalities from fentanyl, blood concentrations are variable and have been reported as low as 3 ng/mL."

Or the 86 ng/ml of free morphine when a 100mg morphine dose gives a serum concentration of *half" of that, as will add the fact that it is a metabolite of heroin.

I may be in the minority on this - given the general lack of education, impulse control, or critical thinking skills of the public who react emotionally to pavlovian media stimulus, being in the minority on this isn't a bad thing...

As to if it were me "being murdered," that would be a highly unlikely situation - I don't do illegal drugs, I don't pass counterfeit money, and I'm going to comply with police officers if detained and fight them in court instead.

No one is denying that Floyd died while the police were trying to arrest him. It just doesn't meet the definition of murder.
Old 04-20-21, 07:43 PM   #613
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Some people will be arguing about this case for a long time.

A verdict that disagrees with your opinion is not necessarily a bad verdict.

In MN any conviction of a felony that results in a sentence can be appealed (MN Court Rule 28). So it is almost guaranteed that there will be an appeal.

In MN, as in some other states, there are actually two different types of appeals. There is an appeal for conviction and an appeal for sentence.

I am sure they will be going for an appeal for conviction first.

However, an appeal does not suspend sentence unless a judge specifically grants a suspension.

The rules for appeal in MN can get quite complicated.

So this show is far from over.
An interesting question will be whether or not Maxine Waters, Sleepy Joe, or the governor of MN improperly influenced the trial.

It also will be interesting to see if there were procedural issues because the prosecution was performed including private lawyers state prosecutors. Conflict of interest and whether or not they were acting as agents of the state might come up. Who knows.

Either way, the mobs will continue to riot.
Old 04-20-21, 07:52 PM   #614
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
An interesting question will be whether or not Maxine Waters, Sleepy Joe, or the governor of MN improperly influenced the trial.
I'll be watching that with interest, the trial judge seemed to think it might be grounds for an appeal.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 07:52 PM   #615
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Both the defense and the prosecution presented expert testimony that contradicted they other side's.

As the drug use logic? The coroner's report showing him having 11 ng/ml fentanyl in his system at the time of death (when a typical fentanyl patch delivers a peak of 3.8 ng/ml and a transmucosal dose delivers a peak of 2.1 ng/ml) leads to either a significant tolerance due to prolonged drug abuse or the logical conclusion that he swallowed the fentanyl he bought off of his drug dealer to avoid it being seized as evidence.

Did you read the coroner's report? "Signs associated with fentanyl toxicity include severe respiratory depression, seizures, hypotension, coma and death. In fatalities from fentanyl, blood concentrations are variable and have been reported as low as 3 ng/mL."

George Floyds drug use or alleged drug use is irrelevant. I repeat, it's irrelevant, for the reasons I listed above. Better still, Chavin was recorded saying he thought Floyd may have been on drugs. Why then did Chauvin act as he did. You want everyone to forget about the video that exists

You need a better understanding of the law. Further, Chauvin never tried to administer aid as he was required to do. A jury of his peers convicted Chauvin.

Btw, I'm sure I have a better legal understanding than your own. I'm certain of it.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
police, riots