Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-11, 07:29 PM   #14
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtyphoon View Post
I took a look at some video captures of the game and while it has elements I like, that's not really what I'm aiming for.
Sir, video capture is NOT good enough in order to get a taste of the potential of this game! You definetelly need to give it a spin. Having missed this sim is unforgivable. The obsolete appearance of RSR is way missleading. The tactical potential of this ole sim is incredeble and can not be experienced from videos. You HAVE to try the game! I garantee you, you will not be disappointed and it will surely have a major influence on your endaveour! RSR has qualities that definetelly need to know. It is particularly how the different game elements are integrated into a blasting experience. RSR shows how the different aspects of the game are properly balanced. RSR is exceptionally well ballanced,as i feel. RSR is also to the point. I still would suggest to get it and spend a weekend with it.

Quote:
I'm trying to get something closer to Seawolf SSN-21 (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...SSN-21_Seawolf)
Closer in what sense ?

Seawolf is definetelly the way to go. For that i apploud to you. But for an even better experience you need to inject a good portion of RSR into it. Basically take RSR slap Seawolf like station and weapon simulation into it and you have the best cold war sim ever.

Again, i urge you to play RSR for a weekend or so. Then you will understand what i mean. RSR is almost perfect as such. What it needs now is a modernization and this is where you could come in with your Seewolf approach. I really loved Seawolf. A magnificent approach. A Seawolf with a RSR campaign, that would be it!

But the bottom line is you need to play RSR first and this is not negotionable.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote