SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Destroyer - The U-Boat Hunter
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-21, 01:18 AM   #1
Furia
Surface Shepherd

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

This is one fo the games I am really looking forward to have.
I cant wait to try this Demo

I believe that some video tutorials showing the game mechanics and functionalities woudl suffice for the demo.
Surely the community will produce additional video tutorials as soon as the Demo is released as well.

I have some friends that would be interested in the game but that do not speak english fluently and would also welcome that the videos incorporate subtitles.

Thank you
Old 05-11-21, 01:55 AM   #2
Artur Salwarowski
Iron Wolf Studio

Downloads: 4

@Everyone

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions, I will do my best to make the videos as clear, concise and informative as possible.

On a side note, I used to work as a teacher for quite a while, and the subject I used to teach was English, so I hope I will somehow manage to make the tutorial vids useful

Most of the peeps here won't be needing those anyway, although I assume that you would at least want to see what's where before you dive in.

And yes, I am well aware that there's gonna be a lot of criticism heading our way, but there's no going around it (at least in our current situation). The investors demanded a demo, they gave us a non-negotiable deadline, and so here we are

I just hope that our destroyer won't go to the bottom straight away, so please conserve your torps for the merchants
Artur Salwarowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 12:03 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Smoke on the horizon!

https://www.facebook.com/Destroyerth...18981176396963
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 06:09 AM   #4
Furia
Surface Shepherd

Downloads: 94

I do not use Facebook but I guess this means that the demo release is inminent.

These are really good news. This is one of the few sims that are in the top of my list for 2021.
Thanks for the heads up
Old 06-08-21, 10:35 AM   #5
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Yeah thanks!

I wonder how I’ll do with ASW. Sounds fun

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 02:09 PM   #6
bracer
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15

Looks very interesting!

My WIP Battleship simulator, Battleship Command: Scharnhorst
Want to support the project on Patreon? Here's the link!
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 10:09 AM   #7
Artur Salwarowski
Iron Wolf Studio

Downloads: 4

Hello everybody

unfortunately, I have some sad news to share. Upon reviewing the demo build that we were preparing for the Steam Festival, our investor came to a conclusion that the game is too realistic, too difficult for mainstream / casual players, and that we have to postpone the demo release until October in order to make it more approachable for the general public.

This news has just been announced to the dev team and myself 10 minutes ago, and I am sharing it here so that you get to know that too as soon as possible.

I am very sorry about what transpired and we will do our best to make it up to everybody who was waiting for our demo. We will look into the possibility of making the demo available somehow (outside of steam festival) so that people who are interested to play it will actually be able to try it out soon.

In the meantime, I will do my best to both make the game more approachable for casuals, while, at the same time, I will do everything to prevent dumbing down and simplifying it in any way.

Please keep your fingers crossed and accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the whole Destroyer team.
Artur Salwarowski is offline   Reply With Quote