SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-21, 02:35 PM   #6646
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 04:36 PM   #6647
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Damn who knew the E.U. actually had a strategy

Why the EU’s Vaccine Strategy Will Pay Off in the End
https://carnegieeurope.eu/strategiceurope/83777
Quote:

... In hindsight, the EU should probably have invested more in ramping up production capacity at an early stage—but the process involved a lot of uncertainty, because nobody knew which vaccine would be effective in the end.
Don't feel bad Trump was criticized for the same thing.

Quote:
Also, in order to reassure a partly vaccine-sceptic European public, the EU—unlike the UK—did not resort to emergency procedures but insisted on full certification of the vaccines through the European Medicines Agency.

Nobody can answer this question conclusively, but it seems likely that—for the EU as a whole—the collective approach will pay off in the end. Without it, the pharmaceutical companies would have been in a stronger negotiating position vis-à-vis individual member states. Vaccines would have been more expensive and supply more uncertain, particularly for the smaller and poorer member states.

Quote:
As far as one can tell—since most of the contracts remain secret—it used the market power of the EU to secure favorable conditions on pricing and liability.
Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during those liability negotiations. If Im not mistaken we just threw money at the problem and allowed big pharma to operate carte blanche

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-12-21 at 04:47 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 06:52 PM   #6648
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I would not give too mucz for that liability claim, considering how poorly they obviously have negotiated and worded the treatyx with Astra Zeneca, which left them legally helpless and reduced to just raising claims that mostly are n ot true, and appealing to the good in mankind.

And they saved money with their long winter sleep? Well, hardly as much as they are now wasting every day for paying for that continued lockdown. Would the vaccines have costed 4-7 billion that Germany spends on its economic lockdown EVERY WEEK...?

They messed it up, every single thing in what they did. Completely, totally, and without limits. And the responsible political top has nothing better to do than to deflect, deflect, deflect.

This all has insanely accelerated the implosion of the current financial system.
Old 03-12-21, 09:13 PM   #6649
Skybird
Soaring

A Novel Approach to Treating COVID-19 Using Nutritional and Oxidative Therapies.

Picture comes alive at around minute 10.

Blows into the same horn I propagated - but he does it with so much more professional competence that I necessarily lack, of course.
Old 03-12-21, 09:16 PM   #6650
Skybird
Soaring

And here comes Dr. Seheult, also aiming at these directions: fighting Covid by stimulating, strengthening the immune system by optimizing stress, sleep, mental anxiety...

I'm delighted.
Old 03-13-21, 06:46 AM   #6651
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Europeans, like many others across the world, hoped for a better and happier year in 2021 - after seemingly endless months of Covid illness, deaths and pandemic-linked economic misery.

But so far, so annus horribilis for the EU. On a number of Covid fronts.

The bloc's by now infamous vaccination procurement scheme - trumpeting the securing of up to 2.6 billion doses - has so far failed to deliver. EU countries lag significantly behind Israel, the UK and the US in getting jabs into arms.

A number of EU members have stumbled nationally, too, with heavily criticised roll-outs of the vaccines they did manage to obtain, in Germany, Belgium, Bulgaria and beyond.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56361840

Old 03-13-21, 09:52 AM   #6652
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

In case you missed it https://southpark.cc.com/episodes/yy...season-24-ep-1

NSFW language

NSFW language

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-13-21 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-13-21, 10:51 AM   #6653
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I would not give too mucz for that liability claim, considering how poorly they obviously have negotiated and worded the treatyx with Astra Zeneca, which left them legally helpless and reduced to just raising claims that mostly are n ot true, and appealing to the good in mankind.
Yes, wasn't it just of all Johnson and the Astra-Zeneca boss who said it had been signed "in good faith", and that he did not understand why this was a problem.

- Next there was this idea of the Zeneca boss and Johnson "First ordered, first served".

- And then the news that the EU had signed the papers even before the UK.

- Almost all newspapers and media (sans Rupert Murdoch lmao) complained that Johnson and Zeneca obviously cheated, the EU was last to complain. No answer. I have not heard an excuse yet.

I indeed hope the EU has learned the lesson with its "friend and allies".

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-16-21 at 05:15 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 11:49 AM   #6654
Skybird
Soaring

See, Catfish - I never expected anything different than a rumble in the snakepit when the game was opened. Of course other governments see it as "My people first, for I am their government and it is my damn duty to serve their survivability as best as I can." The US does it. Russia does it. The UK does it. And I call them not foul for it, I would do exactly the same thing if I were in their shoes. Neither Johnson nor Biden nor Putin owes anything to the EU and the people ij European countries, they work to get THEIR people vaccinated, as best and quickly as possible, and they do whatever is needed to get that thing done.

The sin of the EU and the Germans is that they still do not understand this and play a gallant romantic comedy of "everybody being solidaric and sees his own people dying to please the folks somewhere else". And up to the gallow I send them.

For ever vaccine-producing nation the policy can only be this: "F### fair play. Our people first. When our people are vaccinated, THEN we can talk about keep on producing and sending the doses then to the others. "

How could anyone have expected anything different happening...???

The EU continues to give erratic tales on how to interpret formulations in the AZ treaty deal, and yes, it probably is being outplayed by the other actors and now gets even less. Thats what happens when you enter a match of rough, dirty Rugby with an attitude of wanting to play a round of distinguished Golf. You get your fancy sunday clothes ruined. Pathetic.

Again: if a government sends doses it can get control of to other nations instead of vaccinating its own people, this government then rules that its own people should suffer and die to some degree to serve the interests of other nation'S citizens. Thats making a joke of its duties. A country's government is not responsible to the citizens of foreign nations, but is towards its own citizens.

Cry as much as you want, Catfish - these are the facts. This is the realaity. Its hard, its brutal, but its the only reality you will get. And the world is not different than this, so either adapt and deal with it, or continue to complain about the world not being how you dream it should be, and tailoring your advise for an illusion that is not real. The strong do what they can. The weak suffer what they must. The EU claims weakness is a virtue. The EU is wrong.

Once again.
Old 03-13-21, 01:21 PM   #6655
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Humans are fascinating but not very clever.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 03:21 PM   #6656
Skybird
Soaring

I agree. As I use to say: the individual IQ is inversely proportional to the size of the crowd an individual is part of. I tend to avoid and strongly dislike crowds and masses, clubs and organisations.

I also refer to Gustave Le Bon's remaqrks on the psychology of masses.
Old 03-13-21, 04:47 PM   #6657
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
. Our people first. When our people are vaccinated, THEN we can talk about keep on producing and sending the doses then to the others. "

This pretty much sums up how its always been and should be done. Even when you fly, the flight crew instructs passengers in cases of emergency to place the 02 mask on yourself first, then offer to help others.

Old 03-13-21, 05:00 PM   #6658
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Humans are fascinating but not very clever.
Pretty sure the Extraterrestrials said that long ago when they first arrived here.
Old 03-15-21, 01:10 PM   #6659
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Germany, France and Italy have halted rollouts of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, after a series of incidents in Europe involving blood clots.

They join several smaller European nations who have halted vaccinations as a precaution while checks are made.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said there is no evidence that the incidents are caused by the vaccine.

It said it was reviewing reports relating to the jab, but it was important vaccinations continued.

It was good practice to investigate potential adverse events, it added.

The WHO's vaccine safety experts are meeting on Tuesday to discuss the jab.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) will meet on the same day and is due to draw conclusions on Thursday. It has also said the vaccine should continue to be used.

There have been a number of cases in Europe of blood clots developing after the vaccine was administered.

However, experts say the number of blood clots reported after the vaccine were no more than those typically reported within the general population.

About 17 million people in the EU and the UK have received a dose of the vaccine, with fewer than 40 cases of blood clots reported as of last week, AstraZeneca said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56404542

Old 03-15-21, 02:42 PM   #6660
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan