Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-21-06, 01:28 PM   #1
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Newbie help on Multiplayer 688i Hunterkiller

I figured if anyone could answer my question quickly, it would probably be here since your community seems pretty active .

A friend of mine actually found a copy of 688i Hunterkiller and I happened to have a copy and love it (I'm a naval wargame fan and have pretty much everyhing. Dangerous Waters rules !). ANYWAY... We decided to try to link up multiplayer and have a go at each other. We have no problem direct connecting over phone but we really wanted to do it over the internet. I know a little about connecting directly oer the internet, but 688i presented me with an interface that i didn't quite understand when I went to the TCP/IP area.
It has a box to enter the Server address, and a box for the Broadcast address, and the box at the bottom that says IP Address This Machine that displayed a totally different IP than the one I got off the "What's My IP" website.

My question is, can someone walk me through step by step what we need to do to connect through TCP/IP as every number we've tried to plug in there failed to connect us. Sonalists has been very slow at answering my question on their boards.
Thanks
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-06, 12:42 AM   #2
SubMonkey
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Step-By-Step

This is my best shot, but it's been a VERY long time since I've played an MP game on 688i with my friend, but it was a blast. My very first multi-player game experience actually!

Step 1. Go to Start / Accessories / Command Prompt

Step 2. Type "ipconfig" and hit return.

Step 3. Note your IP Address.

Step 4. Have your friend enter this IP address in his IP address box.

Step 5. I believe that your Server box should have your IP address too.

Step 6. If need be also enter your friend's IP address in your IP address box (using ipconfig on his computer)

Step 7. Hopefully Play.

Step 8. If this doesn't work read the manual (That is how I originally got it to work if I recall correctly)

Good luck!
SubMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote