SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-08, 04:17 PM   #46
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 1

Moin Männer oder soll ich lieber sagen Jungs ?

Da ich ein Deutscher bin werde ich jetzt mal meinen Kommentar in Deutsch verfassen.
In meiner Muttersprache treffe ich wesentlich besser die passenden Worte und der Sinn ist mit sicherheit wesentlich schärfer und präziser formuliert.

Warum wird gerade hier in diesem Thread so ein Wirbel um sogenannte "permissions" und "credits" gemacht ?

Werden solche Anstrengungen auch in Mods US-Amerikanischer Herkunft unternommen ?
Bisher jedenfalls konnte ich das hier nicht wahrnehmen.

Um mal ein Beispiel zu nennen komme ich jetzt mit TMO.
Von mir wurde da der Soundmod für die S-Klasse und die Narhwal-Klasse benutzt.
Ich wurde zwar in der readme erwähnt aber von meiner original readme aus der auch mehr hervor geht war da auch keine Spur.
So geht es bei TMO durch die Bank.
Warum also hier bei unserer Arbeit diese Dinge ansprechen hingegen es woanders völlig übersehen wird ??
Da fehlt mir jetzt eine Erklärung.

Ich empfehle euch allen mal auf dem Boden der Tatsachen zu bleiben und euch mal ein wenig mehr um den eigenen Mist zu kümmern.

Mit 100%iger Sicherheit ist unsere Creditliste nicht ganz korrekt bzw. könnte es durchaus bei der Vielzahl von Mods die es gibt und benutzt wurden passiert sein, das wir was übersehen haben und das wir jemanden vergessen haben.
Genauso übersieht man ja auch Fehler im Spiel die zu sogenannten "Bugs" werden.
Nobody is perfect heißt da das Zauberwort.

Sollte sich jemand übergangen fühlen so reicht eine einfache PM und es wird wie ein Patch eine erweiterte Creditlist nachgereicht.

Ziel unserer Arbeit ist SH4 spannender und besser zu machen und nicht uns mit fremden Federn zu schmücken.
Ich hoffe letzteres geht langsam mal in die Betonschädel einiger Kandidaten hier rein denn es ist langsam unsäglich diese geheule und gejammere wegen Peanuts hier zu lesen.
Mich nervt es total ab, so einfach ist das.

I hope that somebody can translate it if you are not able to read german ...........

Ein total mit dem Kopf schüttelnder MadMax

Last edited by AOTD_MadMax; 08-24-08 at 04:43 PM.
AOTD_MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 04:27 PM   #47
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Wow, that trailer was amazing!

Now, in career mode I have only ever seen friendly aircraft over Pearl Harbour. Are you guys telling me that we'll not only see more American Flyboys over the P.T.O, but we'll even run into dogfights going on overhead!? This is hard to believe :hmm:
Old 08-24-08, 04:34 PM   #48
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General

Now, in career mode I have only ever seen friendly aircraft over Pearl Harbour. Are you guys telling me that we'll not only see more American Flyboys over the P.T.O, but we'll even run into dogfights going on overhead!? This is hard to believe :hmm:
In the career mode there is nearly no chance to see big dogfights between planes different nations cause you must be in an szenario where bothe nations got their flybos at the same time and in the same place.

But in scripted singleplayermissions and multiplayermissions this stuff can happend.

Greets

Maddy
Old 08-24-08, 09:09 PM   #49
clayton
Samurai Navy

Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Describe 'proper premissions' and explain why someone asking if they can use a mod posted on a forum is a bad thing. Please stop the GWX way with name calling.
Now let me preface this with the fact that I've just driven down to the garage and got 5 litres of unleaded petrol in a can, which I have just poured over my head.

Now, as you can see how dangerous (and easy) it would be to flame me, I hope you'll be cautious in your responses to what I'm about to post!

I believe there is some past history of things being used without permissions and as everyone who has a history knows, things that happen in the past tend to be a source of annoyance in the future as well, as sometimes people just can't let go.

Now, as a neutral observer, who has tried very hard to stay out of any internet based conflict, I have obsevred Privateer to be a very helpful member of the community when he has felt he has had sometrhing to add to a thread. There are numerous technical threads to which he has contributed, so he's definately willing to help. Given that there was a problem in the past with some work being used as a result of a misunderstanding over permissions, which was later granted, I can see his point about asking for permission in a PM. However, from an entirely unbiassed point of view, it's perfectly acceptable to post in a forum that you intend to use someone else's work, pending their permission, but given that it has happened before I can see why Privateer may feel that a PM first to ask permission would have been a better route to take. Not that the answer would have been a no, but if you ask for permission in public you do have to say no in public, rather than in a private PM, which may be seen as loading the dice somewhat.

From my own point of view, I release my mods as anyone can distribute, not because that's the way I want it, but because that's the reality of the situation. I can't stop someone using my stuff. The only provision is that the readme file included with my work is included in any distribution as is, unaltered. This is because there are other people I want to thank as having contributed to the mod. In the case of the radar mod included with FOTRS, there is a credits file that credits me with the bearing line radar mod, but as far as I can tell, the readme file that should have been included as per my distribution instrucdtions has not been included.

What does this mean? Well, for a start it means that LukeFF gets no recognition in this incarnation of my mod, which is a shame, as he was a big help to me when creating that mod, small and insignificant a mod as it was. I know it's not a major issue, but if credits gets eroded in each release, then what's to stop the next logical step? What if I released this mod and changed a few things and thanked AOTD_MadMax in a credits file and no one else? Who would know what credit belonged to the project?

I believe in credit where credit is due. Not only for the creators of the MODs, but for the people who provided information to help the modders.

Now, I really have tried to stay out of this whole mess, but I don't think anyone would have a problem if permission was sought and credit given in full, where credit was due.

Go on, light me up, I'm doussed and waiting.

Keep waiting...

A good explination, and no name calling to boot!
Old 08-25-08, 01:48 AM   #50
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

As I understand it, later on in the war, when it was too late, the Japanese started using patrrol craft that swept ahead of the convoy looking for subs in a (far too) narrow lane 1,000 yards each side of the convoy's track. Will you be adding patrol float planes with this mod? I don't know if TMO already does this.

That would be a way to make sure there were always planes to be shot at.
Old 08-25-08, 02:40 AM   #51
The General
The Old Man

Default Ch..Ch..Changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTD_MadMax
Quote:

In the career mode there is nearly no chance to see big dogfights between planes different nations cause you must be in an szenario where bothe nations got their flybos at the same time and in the same place.

But in scripted singleplayermissions and multiplayermissions this stuff can happend.

Greets

Maddy
Thanks for the response Maddy Are there any changes to the Career Mode with TFOTRS? Are we gonna see lit 'Hospital Ships' and that fabulous looking Aux Cruiser in Career mode for example?
Old 08-25-08, 05:50 AM   #52
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
ƒ ¤nner or I am to say Moin Mà rather young? Since I a German am I times mine now comment into German will write. In my native language I meet substantially better the suitable words and the sense am formulated with security substantially schà ƒ ¤rfer and prà ƒ ¤ziser. Why is straight made here in this Thread such an eddy around so-called of “Permian eating ion” and “credits”? Are such efforts undertaken also in Mods of US-American origin? So far anyhow I could not notice that here. Over times an example to call I come now with TMO. The Soundmod was used by me there fà ƒ  ¼ r the S-class and the Narhwal class. I became original readme in the readme erwà ƒ ¤hnt however of my from also more out go was there also no trace. Thus it goes with TMO through the bank. Why with our work do these things address however it thus here elsewhere và ƒ ¶llig à ƒ  ¼ bersehen become?? There a Erklà is missing to me now ƒ ¤rung. I recommend to remain for you all times on the soil of the facts and you times a little more around the own muck too kà ƒ  ¼ mmern. With 100%iger security is not completely correct our Creditliste and/or. kà ƒ ¶nnte it quite with the multiplicity of Mods it gives and was used to have happened, which we bersehen which à ƒ  ¼ have and which we someone to have forgotten. Exactly the same à ƒ  ¼ one also error in the play bersieht too so-called “nose” becomes. Nobody is perfect heià ƒ  Ÿ t there the magic word. Itself someone should à ƒ  ¼ bergangen fà ƒ  ¼ hlen hands a simple PM and it in such a way like a Patch an extended Creditlist is supplied later. A goal of our work is SH4 more excitingly and better to make and not us with strange feathers/springs too schmà ƒ  ¼ cken. I hope the latter go slowly times into the Betonschà ƒ to ¤del of some candidates here purely it am slowly unsà ƒ ¤glich this going owl and gejammere because of Peanuts to be read here. Me it nervt is that totally off, so simply.

I hope that somebody can translate it if you are not able to read german ...........

Errrr..... looks like Hyperwords translator need a bit of work!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well said Max. Hopefully the solution is in motion. Your post sounds just like a Flotilla 24 post. Let not your heart be troubled. Flotilla 24 is now an indispensable part of the SH4 modding community and so shall you be. Here's to making FOTRS the best it can be!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 06:01 AM   #53
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
I'll translate it, just a second...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 06:08 AM   #54
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio
Quote:
I'll translate it, just a second...
Hi Carotio, sounds good I tried with babelfish, but it was rubbish coming out.

BTW with that sig line it better be good

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 06:30 AM   #55
The General
The Old Man

Hey K2! What do you think of TFOTRS? As a Master Modder your point of view is very valuable.
Old 08-25-08, 06:38 AM   #56
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Hi General,
I am sorry I haven't tried the mod yet, but the trailer looks very good, so it's on the top of my list of mods to install as soon as we have the PE4 mod ready

Real Environment mod

Old 08-25-08, 06:41 AM   #57
The General
The Old Man

Ha! You're teasing us Mr Ambassador . Your Mod is the most eagerly awaited . You're Beta-testing at the moment right?
Old 08-25-08, 06:52 AM   #58
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Moin Männer oder soll ich lieber sagen Jungs ?

Hello men or should I rather say boys ?

Da ich ein Deutscher bin werde ich jetzt mal meinen Kommentar in Deutsch verfassen.
In meiner Muttersprache treffe ich wesentlich besser die passenden Worte und der Sinn ist mit sicherheit wesentlich schärfer und präziser formuliert.

As I am German will I now write my comment in German.
In my native language, I find much better the suitable words and the sence is rightfully much more trenchant and precise expressed.

Warum wird gerade hier in diesem Thread so ein Wirbel um sogenannte "permissions" und "credits" gemacht ?

Why is there precisely in this thread made such a whirl about socalled permissions and credits ?

Werden solche Anstrengungen auch in Mods US-Amerikanischer Herkunft unternommen ?
Bisher jedenfalls konnte ich das hier nicht wahrnehmen.

Are such efforts also undertaken regarding mods of US-American origin ?
Untill now anyhow, I have not yet noticed it here.

Um mal ein Beispiel zu nennen komme ich jetzt mit TMO.
Von mir wurde da der Soundmod für die S-Klasse und die Narhwal-Klasse benutzt.
Ich wurde zwar in der readme erwähnt aber von meiner original readme aus der auch mehr hervor geht war da auch keine Spur.
So geht es bei TMO durch die Bank.
Warum also hier bei unserer Arbeit diese Dinge ansprechen hingegen es woanders völlig übersehen wird ??
Da fehlt mir jetzt eine Erklärung.

To give an example, I mention TMO.
From me, the soundmod for the S-Class and the Narwhal Class was used.
Though I was mentioned in the readme, there was no trace of my original readme, in which there was more info.
So with TMO, it was accepted. (MadMax, I suppose this was what you meant.)
So why here with our work are those things spoken against, where as in other places they are totally overlooked ??
Somehow I miss an explanation.

Ich empfehle euch allen mal auf dem Boden der Tatsachen zu bleiben und euch mal ein wenig mehr um den eigenen Mist zu kümmern.

I suggest you all to stay on topic of things and worry a little bit more about your own affairs.

Mit 100%iger Sicherheit ist unsere Creditliste nicht ganz korrekt bzw. könnte es durchaus bei der Vielzahl von Mods die es gibt und benutzt wurden passiert sein, das wir was übersehen haben und das wir jemanden vergessen haben.
Genauso übersieht man ja auch Fehler im Spiel die zu sogenannten "Bugs" werden.
Nobody is perfect heißt da das Zauberwort.

With 100% certainty is our credit list not fully correct, or rather it could most likely have happened with all the mods within that we have overlooked something or that we forgot about someone.
Exactly the same as when you overlook an error in the game, which later becomes a socalled bug.
"Keiner ist perfekt" ist the magic word (Nobody is perfect ).

Sollte sich jemand übergangen fühlen so reicht eine einfache PM und es wird wie ein Patch eine erweiterte Creditlist nachgereicht.

If someone feels passed over in silence, then it's sufficient with a simple PM, and it will be corrected in a patch with an extended credit list.

Ziel unserer Arbeit ist SH4 spannender und besser zu machen und nicht uns mit fremden Federn zu schmücken.
Ich hoffe letzteres geht langsam mal in die Betonschädel einiger Kandidaten hier rein denn es ist langsam unsäglich diese geheule und gejammere wegen Peanuts hier zu lesen.
Mich nervt es total ab, so einfach ist das.

The goal for our work with SH4 is to make it better and more exciting, not to strut in borrowed plumes.
I hope the last message here will finally and slowly enter the concrete heads of some candidates here, then it is slowly inexpressible to read this whining and lamentation because of peanut problems.
It goes right to my nerves and makes me care less, it's as simple as that.

Satisfying?

A MadMax with a full speed shaking head

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-08, 06:53 AM   #59
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Ha! You're teasing us Mr Ambassador . Your Mod is the most eagerly awaited . You're Beta-testing at the moment right?
That was'nt my intention No not yet, we are working on making the water more realistic with water where you can see the seabed from above water, but the new shader allso means I had to adjust the environment a little, which is in test at the moment.

Real Environment mod

Old 08-25-08, 07:24 AM   #60
AOTD_MadMax
Seasoned Skipper

@ Carotio

Thanx for your translation. You hit the nail on its head. :rotfl:

@ General

The campaignfiles are reworked.
You often will see the red cross ships in a convoy.
If have taken them as the leader cause if you wont sink them ( you better do ) the convoi stay clother.

In SH4 when you shoot the leader of an group, the group will often drive in a strange way .
Thats why il take the RC-ships as an leader cause they are neutral wich means nobody will shoot them. But not every konvoy got them.

The Auxcruiser did his work often fare away from Japan. Mostly you can find this unit near US-Bases as an spy-ship

They are cruisin on the routes from Submarines on their way to the frontline.

Greets

Maddy