Closed Thread

Old 08-29-19, 05:41 AM   #10756
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
No surprise and understandable. However these kind of situations raise one important question: if the Queen does not have power to scrutinize morally or legally questionable advice, then why such position should exist? I'm not saying, that Her Majesty should be granted power to completely overrule HM Government, but power to subject such questionalble advice to parliamentary vote, would be sensible in my opinion.
The last time that happened Parliament (Cromwell) raised an army and the monarch was executed (King Charles 1).

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-29-19, 05:43 AM   #10757
bertieck476
Chief

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Worth listening to all of this

Old 08-29-19, 05:43 AM   #10758
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Why saying it twice? Stop voting. Morons they all are. Else they would not be up for voting.
The average voter in this county has fallen for the lies and lies and more lies with a good helping of BS.

I feel like the Omega Man hold up in my bunker surrounded by fools telling me I must vote for XYZ reason. Why!...These B'stards have taken it upon themselves not to work for me so why should I vote for these B'stards!

And the worst thing is this fact these lot will look good in 10 years time for that lot will be worst than them.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 08-29-19, 05:44 AM   #10759
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
After have following your comments in this thread and by following the news in Denmark, Sweden and a little in German

I understand why B.J. Toke this step.

Furthermore The Parliament shouldn't pointing fingers at B.J. and accuse him for...(forgot the word) ´cause the way they have acted or lack of acting in the Brexit, show that they(the parliament) have the biggest fault.

The British people voted for a Brexit-Please respect this.

Markus
Quote:
100% correct.

Also, Corbyn has no point to make if meeting the Queen. In these days, its Her Majesty's government by name only - not by meaning.

Formally, Johnson, as far as I understand the British system, has practiced means of the PM's legal, formally encoded powers, with precedences of PMs before having done it, too.

A parliament that has made such a foul joke and hilarious carricature of itself in past months, has no moral ground to claim anymore. If now they get outmanouvered, the only ones they have to accuse for that, are themselves.

Johnson really sets upa a fight on all fronts, it seems. It was this kind aggressiveness that I expected from the british side from day one after the referendum on - and practiced against the EU.

This crisis comes from a disagreement on what modern "democracy" should be. Is the will of the voting majoirty of the people at its focus, or is the will of a small fraudulent wannabe-elite that creeps to and usurps power at its focus by using decepetion, bribery, fraud and lies? Both is not what the ancient Greek idea was about, so do not even try to start loooking there, ancient Greek and modern contemporary democracy are two totally different things, the one being the antagonist to the other.
Quote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49504526

Johnson said "The candyfloss of outrage we've had over the last 24 hours, which I think is almost entirely confected, is from people who never wanted to leave the European Union," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. "This is the greatest period of anger for them, or of confected anger, because after 31 October we will have left," he added.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...onstitutional/

Reese-Moog said the only "constitutional crisis" was being caused by those who opposed the decision of the 2016 referendum. Think of him what you want, he is right with that.
Agreed in entirety

Old 08-29-19, 05:48 AM   #10760
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertieck476 View Post
Worth listening to all of this

Don't have a lot of time for the guy because of the way he portrays himself but nor can I argue with what he is saying here because he is 100% correct.

Old 08-29-19, 06:02 AM   #10761
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
The average voter in this county has fallen for the lies and lies and more lies with a good helping of BS.
Of course they have. Thats what makes morons morons. Modern democracy: in plain English: clueless voter bribery and incompetent voter persuasion.

The whole dersign we have these days - it doe snot cut it. It just doe snot cut it. Its insane.
Old 08-29-19, 06:05 AM   #10762
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-29-19, 06:06 AM   #10763
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Of course they have. Thats what makes morons morons. Modern democracy: in plain English: clueless voter bribery and incompetent voter persuasion.

The whole dersign we have these days - it doe snot cut it. It just doe snot cut it. Its insane.
Is there any hope SKY or our we the very very few doomed as the Dodo?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 08-29-19, 06:09 AM   #10764
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
In all seriousness I'd say your'e actually thriving on the subject.

Old 08-29-19, 06:15 AM   #10765
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
In all seriousness I'd say your'e actually thriving on the subject.
Nah, making no money from it.

Old 08-29-19, 07:01 AM   #10766
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Its like an explosion taking place in extreme slow motion. You see the fireball, the smoke cloud, the debris in the air - all frozen still.People think they can safely work around them, avoiding them. But when you look long eno9ugh, you see its slow movement, and then you can canclude how it necessarily ends. Explosions never construct. They destroy. Or should I say: implosions, collapses. Its all the same.

That we do not feel hit by the shockwave every day does not mean it is not there, is not expanding, is not unfolding. Its real for sure.

And slomo may be switched off just any time. Thats what historians later would call "turning points of history". Then things may go very fast, quickly, faster than anyone previously imagined. The fall of the wall and German reunfication were such examples. The last outbreak of symptoms of the financial crisis back in 2007 was another. It must not all slide and go in an rush all of a sudden. But it can. We are dancing and partying on a grumbling volcano.

Add to these domestic political problems more material ones, even more direct ones. Cyber terrorism. Cyber warfare by a hostile nation. Blackout due to cyberstrikes, or collapse of the powergrid by inherent instability (thank you, Germany...). Pandemics. These are the likely and by far not unreasonable scenarios on my mind. Not to mention: collapse of FIAT money system.

All this is the reason why I have activated my personal material preparation plan earlier this year, and now am sitting on ressources that could keep me afloat for quite some time if supply lines and logistics break down: food, water, energy, fuel, heat, hygienic articles, batteries, medicine. I one day woke up and thought of how my grandparents did. And it dawned me that being prepared is not stupid or exotic or crazy - but a virtue. My scenario is limited to urban survival, however. I am too old and vunerable and weak for the wilderness stuff nowadays - not to menton that there is no wilderness in reach of the next couple of hundreds of kilometers .

Last edited by Skybird; 08-29-19 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-29-19, 07:35 AM   #10767
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Is this you then ?

Old 08-29-19, 07:43 AM   #10768
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ruth Davidson has quit as leader of the Scottish Conservatives after eight years in the job. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-49509275

Well, here it is, the most predictable outcome I suppose. She never did get on with Boris and tbh she is far from being alone on the matter.

Old 08-29-19, 09:50 AM   #10769
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Is this you then ?

The guy in the video is sober to ther point of beeing boring - but he is right with all he said.

Being prepared, is reasonable. Like driving a car with a 5 or 10 l reserve canister of gas on your backseat. Or travelling a desert with that additional extra bottle of sweet water in your rucksack. Or locking your housedoor before leaving the place.

I am stored up for 90 days of comfortable life and eating and drinking, cooiking and heating and caring for sanitary needs, if rationizing, even longer. But I planned for my parents as well who are older and not as interested in doing this kind of thing anymore, so when dividing stuff by three, its enough for around 30 days, 4-5 weeks. Which is a reasonable timeframe, i would say. Neverending zombie-doomsday apocalypse is not what I had on mind.

I also have a bug out bag, a love from my travelling times in the nineties. There is an active nuzclear plant eat-northeast of Münster, Lingen, and the wind often comes from right that direction. There is a bttery of old, some very critical nuke plants in the Western plkaces of Belgium and Francer. And switched-off nuclear plants still could turn into hazards. The bag is packed with urban needs on mind, not living in the wilderness. But I can grab basic stuff and jump start for evacuation within 5 minutes and holding out by my own means for 48 hours, in urban environment or in nature.

Also, as a matter of fact, a national or continental blackout is anything but unreasonable. Since the German "Energiewende", the powergrid in Germany - once praised or being the possibly most stable one in the world - has become increasingly shaky, and there is, since years, not a single week, without critical events and incidents that are caused by too much heat, too much cold, overproduction, short: by ammounts of balancing acts needed that put enormous stress on the electric infrastrastructure of the whole continent and that pushes more and more often to the brink of collapse. Our neighbouring states are so very thankful for the stupid germans hysterically destroying their powergrid stability for surreal Angst, by that negatively influencing and compromsing the powergrid stability of the whole continent. I have to go back to my pre-school childhood to remember the last time I expoerienced a short power blackpout, it must have been in the early 70s. But since some years, micro blackouts, lasting less than a second, are back, two this year, three last year, two in the year before. The last one is just days ago. I have not seen that for around 45 years! Taken for themselves they look as harmless, singular irrelevant events. But in the bigger picture, they send a clear message of that the power supply in germany is fastly detoriating, and that the powergrid on many days of the year work on the very brink of disaster. And if we have one day of blackout, the consequences of that will be felt for WEEKS to come even if after 24 hours power is back. Thanks to globalization, disassembling of stockpiled reserve management and just-on-demand supply of ressources. The length of production and logistic chains will function like a catalysator for the negative effects of a blackout. And for itself, you cannot just switch off and on a powergrid of a nation or continent just from one hour to the next - some steps ake DAYS of preparation, and that means regions will lack electricity even days after the blackout already has '"ended". - In the ealry 00-years we had a severe winter her ein the Northwestern German region, around my hometown, electricity and heating went off for I think 2-3 days. And that already was when the grid had plenty of reserve structures and capacities - which it does not have these days anymore.

People just do not think about it, because it makes you feel the fundamental and growing insecurity we have to live in. But there is no freedom without self responsibility. If you always demand the state to care for every little detail, you just sell away both your self responsibility and your freedom. And your ability to do things yourself you sell away anyway. You become a dependant, weak lamb.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-29-19 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-29-19, 11:44 AM   #10770
STEED
Lucky Jack

So the nameless one will try a power grab next week and if it succeeds I just like too point out no one elected you. So you the nameless one will look like a right dork after declaring the same about Bojo.

When it comes down to the bigger monster you the nameless one or brexit i have a feeling parliament would rather stop you the nameless one first.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics