SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-24, 12:47 PM   #3211
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-24, 01:03 PM   #3212
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia responds to £48bn Ukraine aid package with chilling warning to NATO

Quote:
The Kremlin has issued a chilling warning that the recently-approved aid package for Ukraine will lead to the "deaths of even more Ukrainians."

On Saturday, the US House of Representatives approved more than $60 billion (£48 billion) in aid to Ukraine after the potentially game-changing assistance for Kyiv stalled in Congress for months over political infighting.

Lawmakers also approved billions more in aid for other US allies. The Senate will now vote on the package, before it heads to Joe Biden for sign-off.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said in remarks reported by Russia's state news agencies: "The decision will make the United States of America richer, further ruin Ukraine and result in the deaths of even more Ukrainians, the fault of the Kyiv regime,"
Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova echoed this sentiment on Telegram: "The allocation of military assistance by the United States to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan will aggravate the global crisis."

Dmitry Medvedev, the former Russian president and current deputy chairman of Russia's security council, said the approval of new aid to Ukraine was "Russophobic" and would exacerbate "the number of victims of this war."

He also said on Telegram: "I cannot with all sincerity not wish the United States to plunge into a new civil war as quickly as possible."

Ukrainian officials and Western experts had warned that Kyiv would keep losing territory to Moscow without military aid from the US, and that the country was likely to face a new offensive starting as early as late next month.

Ukrainian forces have been running low on key supplies, such as ammunition and interceptor missiles for the country's air-defense systems.

Ukraine has "long fought for" the replenished aid, Volodymyr Zelensky said in a statement calling the package "very significant."

He added: "We appreciate every sign of support for our country and its independence, people, and way of life, which Russia is attempting to bury under the rubble."

Andriy Yermak, the head of Zelensky's office, said: "The people of Ukraine are sincerely grateful to the US Congress for the positive voting on the military aid package bill for our country. It is vital for Ukraine."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...496b5f0f&ei=37

Old 04-21-24, 01:58 PM   #3213
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-24, 11:24 AM   #3214
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Colonel Reisner, as incorruptible as ever.

https://www-n--tv-de.translate.goog/...en&_x_tr_hl=de
Quote:
The ATACMS would also only serve to hold the liberated territory. In order to go on the offensive, Ukraine would need much more support, which is not included in the 60 billion dollars. To do this, Ukraine would need new offensive brigades like those formed before the failed summer offensive of 2023. These, around ten to fifteen of them, would have to be equipped with resources - ammunition, battle tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, artillery systems - and soldiers. Ukraine could then go on the offensive again in 2025. This is being somewhat overlooked in the current discussion: What is coming now will only help Ukraine to hold the front. But much more is needed - especially air defense systems in the depths of the country.
(...)
At the moment, the medium and long-range air defense is mainly positioned around the cities and industrial centers. However, due to the massive pressure to which the soldiers at the front were exposed as a result of the use of Russian glide bombs, it has been necessary in recent months to repeatedly thin out the air defense around the cities and bring batteries to the front in order to lay ambushes there. This has also worked well. But the Russians now have very good reconnaissance deep behind the front line. They have managed to reconnoitre Patriot and S-300 systems and destroy quite a few launchers and radars.

This, too, is sometimes overlooked in the reporting. We often focus on Ukraine's successes: downed aircraft, damage to ships in Sevastopol, attacks on Crimea, where a few Russian helicopters were recently damaged at the very least, including an S-400 battery, i.e. a Russian air defense system. However, we must not forget that the Russians are carrying out similar actions. And the loss of an S-300 battery weighs much more heavily on the Ukrainians than on the Russian side. Then there is the further destruction.
(...)
In their second strategic air campaign, the Russians have managed to continue the destruction of infrastructure. It is believed that up to 70 to 80 percent of Ukraine's critical infrastructure has already been destroyed. Some electricity providers in Ukraine say they have 80 percent outages. That is devastating.
(...)
Following the failure of the Ukrainian summer offensive in 2023, the Russian mood has changed massively. This can be clearly seen on Russian social networks. The current mood is: no matter what comes next, we will succeed, because last year we repelled the decisive offensive. Last year, pictures of destroyed Leopard tanks were celebrated on Russian social networks, alongside photos of destroyed German Tiger tanks from the Second World War. Yesterday, a video was posted showing that the first Leopard 2 main battle tank, an A6, is apparently being towed towards Moscow to be exhibited there. This will also serve to fire up the population. The losses are high, but there are no signs of disintegration in the army. The Russians have the momentum and are attacking wave after wave.
Old 04-22-24, 11:42 AM   #3215
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-24, 11:57 AM   #3216
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

If I were the Russians I would start to prepare to bomb train and road connections and other important targets, when the ammo and weapon supply starts to arrive from Poland and other countries in the west.

I would take a chance and bomb near the Polish border.

Markus

Old 04-22-24, 12:03 PM   #3217
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If I were the Russians I would start to prepare to bomb train and road connections and other important targets, when the ammo and weapon supply starts to arrive from Poland and other countries in the west.

I would take a chance and bomb near the Polish border.

Markus
Bombing train and road connections has no use, it is hard to hit and quickly rebuild also there are so many rails, roads Ukraine can divert quickly any supply convoy.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 04-22-24 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-22-24, 12:07 PM   #3218
Dargo
Admiral

The real about the great glorious Russian Empire this flooding is mostly caused by... yeah kleptocracy they could maintain their dams and rivers but nah it goes all into the pockets of Putin and his gang.

Russia’s worst flooding in decades has submerged Soviet-era uranium mines in the Kurgan region, the investigative news outlet Agentstvo reported Monday, sparking fears that radioactive and chemical pollution could seep into the Tobol River. The Dobrovolnoye uranium deposit is located within the flood zone in Kurgan's Zverinogolovsky district, Agentsvo reported, citing a map published by local authorities on April 11, environmentalists and videos published by local residents. Its mines are operated by an enterprise owned by state nuclear energy agency Rosatom. The hundreds or even thousands of mine shafts drilled into the deposit have compromised the natural protective barrier surrounding the uranium ore, Alexei Shvarts, the former head of Alexei Navalny's Kurgan regional office who previously worked with uranium mining issues, told Agentsvo. As a result, the latest flooding has likely sent radioactive substances into the river, environmentalists said, potentially affecting hundreds of thousands of people living near the banks of the Tobol downstream... https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/...reports-a84919
What's Causing Russia's Record Floods?
What is driving the record-bad flooding that has devastated parts of Russia and Kazakhstan and forced tens of thousands of people to escape the fast-rising water? AFP looks at the worst flooding in decades to hit this region:... https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/...-floods-a84893

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 04-22-24 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-22-24, 12:55 PM   #3219
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Bombing train and road connections has no use, it is hard to hit and quickly rebuild also there are so many rails, roads Ukraine can divert quickly any supply convoy.
When I mentioned Other important targets I meant train wagons warehouse places where weapons and ammo is being stored before sending towards the front.

Markus

Old 04-22-24, 01:00 PM   #3220
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
When I mentioned Other important targets I meant train wagons warehouse places where weapons and ammo is being stored before sending towards the front.

Markus
Train wagons you can forget only things useful are hubs, but first you need to find your target have no idea how Russia would do that but with all the supplies from the past most of it reached the front.

Quote:
Old 04-22-24, 01:00 PM   #3221
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-22-24, 01:15 PM   #3222
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Train wagons you can forget only things useful are hubs, but first you need to find your target have no idea how Russia would do that but with all the supplies from the past most of it reached the front.
Maybe you're right

If I was the Russian general I would do anything to stop the delivery to the front. How I as an ordinary person, do not know.

Markus

Old 04-22-24, 01:19 PM   #3223
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-22-24, 01:34 PM   #3224
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
H.R. 8035 is now held up in the Democrat lead Senate. I really wish people would read the official sources.

https://www.congress.gov/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-24, 01:38 PM   #3225
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
H.R. 8035 is now held up in the Democrat lead Senate.
Held up!?
Wasn't it not before Wednesday 24th of April the Senate should vote on this H.R 8035 ?

Markus