Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-20, 09:47 PM   #9691
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Maybe Biden and Trump should leave their children out of the first debate, uh?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-07-20, 12:15 AM   #9692
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

3 million yuan amounts to about 420,000 dollars. Not exactly a controlling position but notable.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 07-07-20, 04:41 AM   #9693
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Maybe Biden and Trump should leave their children out of the first debate, uh?
Trumps son soon will be the smaller problem for him.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/busin...te.cnnbusiness

I am pleased to read she is not just a family insider, but a professional psychologist with clinical background. I often said Trump is of psychiatric relevance.

If that book is stylistically not a total messup, it will leave its mark on a significant amount of not iron-hard determined voters.

Last elections, it were the elder voting for him, and also the fact that the blacks did not vote in huge numbers. This year they will, I expect, and many of the older ones are desillusionsed. Without corona thta maybe would not have been sufficient, but with corona, or better Trumps terrible mismanagement and then his campaign during the race riots - this will give him the rest thsi time. Cant imagine currently that he gets out of this again. He has made several safe castle states of the Repüublicans becoming swing states.

The biggest ego in the world - knocked out by the tiniest entity in the world. Thats a joke to make a Hollywood movie of.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-07-20 at 04:49 AM.
Old 07-07-20, 08:10 PM   #9694
Skybird
Soaring

We hereby declare the Donaldinarian Games 2020 open.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-book-n1233107

Should become fun.
Old 07-08-20, 09:52 AM   #9695
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

That and Boltons book will probably be best sellers this year which I actually think is sad in some ways.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-09-20, 09:26 AM   #9696
Skybird
Soaring

I can hear Trump's unspoken today's thoughts from Washington to here:

"Must dismantle Supreme Court."

Since Corona arrived, I cannot help to think that maybe we indeed started to see the beginning of Donalddämmerung. Nothing works well for him anymore, no pieces fall or can be forced into their places any longer. The virus. The virus returns. Bolton book. Family diary. No immunity granted (today's latest story).

Very good. More of this, please! He will of course react like the dysfunctional sociopath that he is: deny, lie, bully and intimidate. But the tighter his fist, the more sand escapes through his fingers.
Old 07-09-20, 09:46 AM   #9697
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

So Trump wins on blocking access to his financial records.

As expected, SCOTUS punted once again sending both cases (from the NY DA and Congress) back to the lower Courts for further litigation.

What this means is that once the lower courts rule and then the Appeal courts and the SCOTUS once again, the november election will be long past.
Old 07-09-20, 10:03 AM   #9698
Skybird
Soaring

I think the perception will be different, and that is what will work against him.
Old 07-09-20, 10:10 AM   #9699
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

not sure what you mean by that, Trump has always refused to release his tax returns and his voters don't seem to care.

Democrats wanted to have access to the returns to release damaging info before the election, now they will not be able to.

They will be able to get the info eventually after november, but once the election is over, whether Trump wins or loses, it will be academic.
Old 07-09-20, 11:27 AM   #9700
Skybird
Soaring

His defending fans claimed him immune. That is gone. He now will be seen as a weasel trying to escape the searchlight. Not by all, of course, not by his die-hard fans. But by quite some who voted for him not by conviction, but to prevent Clinton.

The principle message of the court is clear. He has to hand over the demanded data. No arguiong about that. Only frmaölities will allow him to delay further.

Together with a public's already sharpened look at him, this will influence a certain share of possible voters. Quite some of the old voting for him last timel will not vote fopr him a gain. Many blacks who did not vote last time, this time will vote - against him. Many people seeing his totall and murderous mismanagement fo the vorus crisis, will call him off. Then the many smaller issues ans stunts he pulled over the past years. And now this court ruling. And his niece'S book. And Bolton's farewell letter in book format.

Its not the single one thing (except the virus maybe, since it made him now having American blood on his hands thta he could have prevented, but refused to). Its the effect of it all coming together.

I can only hope the Dems and/or Biden don't do something stupid again. best would be they get locked in a room in the basement and are let again out not before election day is over and the win is safe.

I think Trump cannot win anymore by his own power. But the Dems still can loose it for him.
Old 07-09-20, 12:14 PM   #9701
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
So Trump wins on blocking access to his financial records.

As expected, SCOTUS punted once again sending both cases (from the NY DA and Congress) back to the lower Courts for further litigation.

What this means is that once the lower courts rule and then the Appeal courts and the SCOTUS once again, the november election will be long past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
not sure what you mean by that, Trump has always refused to release his tax returns and his voters don't seem to care.

Democrats wanted to have access to the returns to release damaging info before the election, now they will not be able to.

They will be able to get the info eventually after november, but once the election is over, whether Trump wins or loses, it will be academic.

Trump has another small problem with NY, which use to be his home state before he switched to Florida, in the legality of how you spend non-profit funds that were destined for other reason than the ones they were used for.

In this case Trump used the non-profit funds for himself, but after check finding (just now) I find that problem has been solved by paying a 2 million dollar fine

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/n...y-general.html

PS the article wants a subscription

and after finding that out I find that Washington, DC is also suing Trump for mis-use of non profit funds.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...5681579709567/

Quote:
Jan. 22 (UPI) -- The attorney general of Washington, D.C., said Wednesday his office is suing President Donald Trump's inaugural committee and other companies for spending non-profit funds at a Trump-owned hotel to celebrate his inauguration three years ago.

Attorney General Karl Racine said the committee sought to "enrich the Trump family" by spending the non-profit funds -- even overpaying to use facilities at the Trump International Hotel in Washington.
Wait Trumps legal problems aren't over even if he wins the WH again (which I think he will) I still think Trump will give up the WH to VP Mike Pence, but I can only guess why.

Correct me if I am wrong ... Isn't it true that a sitting president can't be indicted for a crime while he is in office?

So he would need VP Pence to pardon him and he might need the entire next four years to keep doing that lol

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/08/tru...funds_partner/

Quote:
Businesses tied to President Donald Trump's family and associates stand to receive as much as $21 million in government loans designed to shore up payroll expenses for companies struggling amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to federal data released Monday.

A hydroponic lettuce farm backed by Trump's eldest son, Donald Jr., applied for at least $150,000 in Small Business Administration funding. Albert Hazzouri, a dentist frequently spotted at Mar-a-Lago, asked for a similar amount. A hospital run by Maria Ryan, a close associate of Trump lawyer and former mayor Rudy Giuliani, requested more than $5 million. Several companies connected to the president's son-in-law and White House adviser, Jared Kushner, could get upward of $6 million.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-09-20, 12:55 PM   #9702
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
So he would need VP Pence to pardon him and he might need the entire next four years to keep doing that lol
President can only pardon federal crimes, Trump would still need to face any possible state charges. Which all makes me think he will try to stay in office as long as possible.
Old 07-09-20, 05:20 PM   #9703
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

And again those of my friends who dislike Mr. Trump are more or less convinced that he is a Al Capone when it comes to these tax papers.

This makes me wonder - Why !?
Why is it that a person who dislike a politicians are convinced s/he have hidden intentions when it comes to this politicians private economy or other private matters.

Of course those who support him, say there's nothing there that can trap him.

Markus
Old 07-09-20, 05:37 PM   #9704
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This makes me wonder - Why !?
Why is it that a person who dislike a politicians are convinced s/he have hidden intentions when it comes to this politicians private economy or other private matters.
Two reasons:
1) Trump has fought for three and a half years against the release of his tax information. Someone with nothing to hide wouldn't do that especially since it has been a tradition of sorts for every new president to have publicly released that information.
2) Trump's business dealings have been under scrutiny for years even before he became the president.
Old 07-09-20, 05:44 PM   #9705
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Just remember that the worst these tax returns can be for Trump is embarrassing. Something like he didn't donate to charity etc. Obviously the IRS would have already acted if there were any indications of tax fraud or illegal activities.

I think Trump keeps his returns private solely because it drives the Dems crazy. I'll bet if they are ever are published it will turn out to be a big nothing burger like every other so called "smoking gun" they have conjured up.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter