SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-10, 01:54 PM   #61
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Just make the freecam zoomable, that way you still get the close up shots like narrow fov.

Elanaiba did a mod for that, which I included as well, along with CCIP's tweaks.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 07:35 PM   #62
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Just make the freecam zoomable, that way you still get the close up shots like narrow fov.

Elanaiba did a mod for that, which I included as well, along with CCIP's tweaks.
Could you point me to where I need to look at for making the freecam zoomable or the mod Elanaiba has made for it and I'll search it for the change. I've looked for this mod you speak of but hadn't been able to find the sucker.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 07:46 PM   #63
Arclight
Navy Seal

Good question, can't find it either.

Just add an "optical" controller to the freecam, or add values (zoom-levels) if it already has one. Think it needs to be done in S3D though, shows up as unassigned controller in Goblin.

Old 04-06-10, 07:53 PM   #64
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Just add an "optical" controller to the freecam, or add values (zoom-levels) if it already has one. Think it needs to be done in S3D though, shows up as unassigned controller in Goblin.
Oh damn, you're already over the top of my head... I'm not a modder and thought it was something simple I could change in the cameras.cam.
Old 04-06-10, 08:04 PM   #65
Arclight
Navy Seal

I'm guessing you need one to go along with this mod? 'Cause then you'd have to ask Emtguf.

Old 04-06-10, 08:12 PM   #66
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Quote:
I'm guessing you need one to go along with this mod? 'Cause then you'd have to ask Emtguf.
Yeah, I wasn't aware that you could have both the zoom along with regular free cam mod until I read your post. Its no biggie, just thought I could change a setting to enable it.

Emtguf... I have a request.
Old 04-20-10, 02:26 AM   #67
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I'm trying to merge many other great mods into my UIs mod and noticed that you have made changes to the Page binocular file. What changes did you make to that file in v1.7?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 02:14 PM   #68
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

I made a lot of changes to that file. The way it drew the binoc image was much more different than the way it drew the other view.
I had to pretty much redo the file, and placements to get the new background to show up correctly.
Take a look at the file in the menu editor, and then look at the original.
Lots of various changes I don't remember off the top of my head.
emtguf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 03:23 PM   #69
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

@ emtguff and Arclight: I've being working on an Range and Angle on Bow finder for my UI Mod as can be seen here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=84

But have noticed something and am wondering if its linked to the cameras.cam file.
Using the RAOBF in 1920x1080 resolution if I used a test mission that had a Tanker at 1000m, now the ships mast reaches 4 Graticule Marks High in my RAOBF Graticule.
Now if I do that same mission at 1024x768 resolution the same ship at the same distance reaches only 3 ticks high .

This is leaving me to belive that the Game is scaling the visible view through the scopes for different resolutions.
This may be the case, have ye noticed this in yere Periscope Mods?
Can the cameras.cam file be fixed to the same distance for all resolutions?
(i.e. In the Editor any graphics can be set from noConstraints to noScale to stop them scalling at different resolutions)
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 03:30 PM   #70
Arclight
Navy Seal

Problem with screen ratio, not resolution; each needs a different angular angle setting. Had to make patches for all ratios, think Emtguf did the same.

Might be another solution, but patches with different cameras.cam files with varying angular angle settings is all I know.

Old 04-26-10, 03:40 PM   #71
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Problem with screen ratio, not resolution; each needs a different angular angle setting. Had to make patches for all ratios, think Emtguf did the same.

Might be another solution, but patches with different cameras.cam files with varying angular angle settings is all I know.

Just noticed an error in my post the 1024x768 is the results of my 1400x900 test, and 1400x900 is 16:10.

And as 1080P is 16:9 that may account for the descripency will try it with your 16:9 camera patch and see if that solves it
Old 04-26-10, 04:26 PM   #72
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Just noticed an error in my post the 1024x768 is the results of my 1400x900 test, and 1400x900 is 16:10.

And as 1080P is 16:9 that may account for the descripency will try it with your 16:9 camera patch and see if that solves it

New Test Results

Ok, I've redone the test using the 16:10 (8:5) cameras.cam file and its changed the height but its still not concurrent.
The ship now reaches 2.5 ticks at 1.5x zoom 10 at 6x.
This compares to 3 ticks at 1.5x zoom and 12 ticks at 6x using 1920x1080 (16:10) cameras.cam.

That is a difference of 200m using the RAOBF. I'll prob need to create new cam files for the different resolutions.

Is it easy to edit the Cameras.cam file to get it to match? any Tips on how to do this.
Cheers lads. Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread a bit but it seemed to be the relevant Thread to post in.

Last edited by reaper7; 04-26-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-28-10, 11:30 AM   #73
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

it is trial and error to get the values correct in the cameras.cam file.
I got them as close as I could when making the patches. Shouldnt be off by 1/2 a tick though. Think the most off I got it was maybe 1/8 a tick.
emtguf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-10, 01:00 PM   #74
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtguf View Post
it is trial and error to get the values correct in the cameras.cam file.
I got them as close as I could when making the patches. Shouldnt be off by 1/2 a tick though. Think the most off I got it was maybe 1/8 a tick.
Downloaded silent 3ditor and loaded in the cameras.cam, how to know which of the 308 entries to edit.
There's a lot of CameraParams but no indication what views there for?
Which ones are for the Attack, Obs, Binocs and UZO's

If I loaded up cameras.gr2 into Goblin Editor it has the names of the stations but not which lines the correspond to.

I want to get the zooms and Aspect ration as close as possible for use with the RAOBF as a fast and accurate method of getting range and AOB.

Thanks Guys for all the help
Old 04-28-10, 01:17 PM   #75
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Downloaded silent 3ditor and loaded in the cameras.cam, how to know which of the 308 entries to edit.
There's a lot of CameraParams but no indication what views there for?
Which ones are for the Attack, Obs, Binocs and UZO's

If I loaded up cameras.gr2 into Goblin Editor it has the names of the stations but not which lines the correspond to.

I want to get the zooms and Aspect ration as close as possible for use with the RAOBF as a fast and accurate method of getting range and AOB.

Thanks Guys for all the help
Open every camerauserdata entry in s3ditor and you see the name of each camera
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote