SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-20, 10:45 AM   #5371
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 02:24 PM   #5372
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yeah, I'm guessing we are testing a lot more people, so getting more reported positives makes sense.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 04:03 PM   #5373
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Yes, the number of tests was raised significantly, but the increase in the positive rate in the last weeks is absolutely alarming.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 06:52 AM   #5374
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Ten people have died after a fire broke out on an intensive care ward treating coronavirus patients in Romania.

Seven others are critically injured following the fire at Piatra Neamt county hospital on Saturday.

Apart from one person, all those killed or injured are COVID-19 patients, according to emergency services spokesperson Irina Popa.
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...mania-12132698
As if COVID on its own wasn't already bad enough.

I should imagine the amount of oxygen in the rooms will have been akin to pouring petrol on a fire.

Old 11-15-20, 07:17 AM   #5375
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

There have been more than 1.3 million confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK and almost 52,000 people have died, government figures show.

However, these figures include only people who have died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus and other measures suggest the number of deaths is higher.

Old 11-15-20, 09:30 AM   #5376
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Just an FYI I just worked this out using numbers from worldometer and Johns Hopkins University.

U.S. pop. 331,000,000; infected 3.3% of pop; deaths 0.074% of population; case fatality rate 2.3%; number tested 48.74% of population; deaths/100kpopulation 75.07

France pop. 65,000,000; infected 2.94% of population; deaths 0.065% of population; case fatality rate 2.2%; number tested unknown; deaths/100kpopulation 63.59

U.K. pop. 68,000,000; infected 3.8% of population; deaths 0.076% of population; case fatality rate 3.8%; number tested unknown; deaths/100kpopulation 77.99

Germany pop. 84,000,000; infected 0.95% of population; deaths 0.014% of population; case fatality rate 1.6%; number tested unknown; deaths/100kpopulation 15.09

Belgium pop. 12,000,000; infected 4.43% of population; deaths 0.11% of population; case fatality rate 2.7%; number tested unknown; deaths/100kpopulation 125.22

Finland pop. 5,540,000; infected 0.34% of population; deaths 0.006% of population; case fatality rate 1.9%; number tested unknown; deaths/100kpopulation 6.69

Canada pop. 38,000,000; infected 0.77% of population; deaths 0.028% of population; case fatality rate 3.7%; number tested unknown; deaths/100kpopulation 29.54.

Denmark pop. 6,000,000; infected 1.04% of population; deaths 0.012% of population; case fatality rate 1.2%; number tested unknown; deaths/100kpopulation 13.06.

E.U. population 448,000,000 (does not include U.K.); infected 1.88%; number of tested unknown. I couldn't find a lot on the E.U. in total. I just added up numbers by country from Johns Hopkins website. Seems when the going gets tuff euros suddenly forget all about dreams of Union and circle the nationalist band wagons again. Whereas here in the U.S. the people did just the opposite totally forgetting that each sovereign state they live in is pretty much responsible for the healthcare of its own people. Instead they went totally off the reservation crying like a bunch of old women looking for a some kind of savior or dictator to take care of them and rule by edict and decree. So much for 'We the People"

Anyway with few exceptions such as Finland and maybe Germany though their numbers are rising. I'm thinking we are for the most part all in the same boat with pretty much the same problems. However from what i hear vaccinations for the general public should start becoming available by Spring.

As for the U.S. France and U.K. having apparently the highest in some rates. All three of us have a several centuries old history together when it came to forming our governments, individual freedoms, rights, liberty. Making it hard if not impossible to develope dictatorships or for our leaders to rule by edicts and decrees even during a pandemic. Germans on the other hand are historically blind and loyal followers to whomever is in power in their country and proud of it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-15-20 at 12:36 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 12:29 PM   #5377
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-15-20, 12:31 PM   #5378
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-15-20, 01:04 PM   #5379
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I really wish I had the skill to remember everything what's happened here in Denmark and posted here in this Wuhan virus thread.

It's...to put it nicely absurd

First the government gave order to kill every mink in Denmark..later it turned they didn't have legal authority to give such an order
The Prime minister and her Minister of Food said they didn't know this.
Some day after they confessed having violated the law.
Despite this confession the Danish mink breeders are getting phone calls from the police and military who ask how many mink they have killed today and how many they have left. Some farmers get this call several timers pay day.

The way these mink are eliminated is terrible to watch.
The health authorities imported 30 Romanian who should be expert in killing mink- An undercover video show how one of them is killing a mink by kicking the head of it.
They through living mink in the bag who is then send to a crematorium
It's so terrible.

So we are in a deep political and a huge animal welfare scandal

I have tried and tried to find some English article mentioned these things.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 01:44 PM   #5380
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

That short clip is more than enough for my stomach Markus!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/131135...edder-denmark/

Old 11-15-20, 01:53 PM   #5381
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That short clip is more than enough for my stomach Markus!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/131135...edder-denmark/
I forgot this which is as awful as the rest.

Hopefully head will be rolling in the Danish Parliament

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 01:58 PM   #5382
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I forgot this which is as awful as the rest.

Hopefully head will be rolling in the Danish Parliament

Markus
Hopefully the twunt in the clip will follow through with his arm next time.

Old 11-15-20, 03:15 PM   #5383
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Anyway with few exceptions such as Finland and maybe Germany though their numbers are rising.
Did it hurt to edit the post and add Germany to the positive exceptions, because the data would not allow for other interpretations? I bet it did.

Quote:
As for the U.S. France and U.K. having apparently the highest in some rates. All three of us have a several centuries old history together when it came to forming our governments, individual freedoms, rights, liberty. Making it hard if not impossible to develope dictatorships or for our leaders to rule by edicts and decrees even during a pandemic. Germans on the other hand are historically blind and loyal followers to whomever is in power in their country and proud of it.
Hm. Obviously a lot of factors play a role when trying to explain differences in the data for different countries. The size seems to be important, if you look at Bahrain, San Marino (The oldest republic in the world), Qatar, Aruba or Luxembourg. The geographical position on our planet has a significant influence, if you take a look at more remote places like New Zealand, Australia, Bhutan, Mongolia or the Marshall Islands. Poor countries with a younger population can't afford adequate testing and fail to find infections. And, of course, dictatorships and failed states like China, Russia, North Korea, Somalia, and Eritrea are not reporting proper data.

Let's look at the countries you mentioned: USA, France and the UK on one side, Germany on the other side. If we plotted the Covid incidence, rate of hospitalization, and IFR in those countries against average body mass index, or abundance of diabetes what would be the result? If we compared the onset of public measures relative to the appearance of the first cases on a timeline, what would we find? Sure, take South Korea into consideration and you can correlate pandemic indices to cultural traditions. But that's a horse of another color.

Last remarks and a fun fact especially for you as you seem to be obsessed with Germany and hate the Germans so much: In contrast to almost all other European countries Germany has quite a large group of so called "Querdenker": People who more or less repudiate all public measures against Corona. And there we find them all: People, who think the Third Reich never ended, anti-vaccination-activists, QAnon- and anti-Gates conspiracists, Naziassho!es and the like. Sure, some of them just don't like the idea of a intrusive state.

And here is the sad news: "my body, my choice" or "leaving it up to God" in case of a virus running rampant is not an option. We can not allow 5% of sh!theads ruining it for the rest of us. .

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 11-15-20, 08:19 PM   #5384
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Just found E.U. statistics. I was shocked to see how very very similar they are to the U.S. As of November 15th the E.U. (including the U.K.) number of infections is 10,560,263 and the number of deaths 265,184. Definitely nothing write home about or start going again how bad U.S. numbers are. Only thing I can say is keep wearing your mask, wash your hands, maintain your distances and dont think of fleeing to Europe because even with Merkelscience and the slaughter of millions of mink its absolutely without a doubt no better there than it is here.

U.S. number of infections 11,025,046 and rising
number of deaths 246,108 and rising

E.U. number of infections 10,560,273 and rising, especially in the Merkelreich
number of deaths 265,184 and rising also in the Merkelreich

Man the way you Euroes especially our resident German ones were chirping on about the U.S. I thought y'all would have been doing much better than this. I'm really disappointed, I thought because of European superiority coupled with Merkelscience you all would have been doing so much better. I'm very shocked and embarrassed for you, what a surprise those numbers are. Did I mentioned how shocked and surprised I am? Very shocking. Are you shocked? I am. So surprisingly shocking and now the second wave is coming especially in Germany. With numbers like those your leaders just dont seem to care do they?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-15-20 at 08:45 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 02:18 AM   #5385
skidman
Ace of the Deep

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.
(Socrates)

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan