Uploads: 0

You lost me at "Response to Magagnoli"
And now I have a head ache!
Old 04-23-20, 05:09 PM   #3122
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

FED is about to inflatedollar "money" volume with book money free of any material safety by 13%.

Thats as if I pay the baker by telling him "See you!"

13% more dollars in the world.

I will laugh tears when the easyminded again see stocks prices and prices for arts and property going up and then claim that this means that wealth is growing and the stocks market does well and booms. They have not understood alreadsy the last stocks bubble.

The EU has agreed a biblical aid package, too, should be paid out via EU budgets that for that purpose gets boosted up. The ECB should provide this with according buying of toxic bonds and papers as "safeties", which means Maastricht has now gotten the last nail in its coffin and the laws strictly prohibiting state finacing by the ECB has been officially and with acceptance of Germany beeing slaughtered. All principles of fiscal discipline and national self-responsibility or budgets policy and debts, have been abandoned, all of them. They simply do no longer exist. In the US, this is the case since decades anyway.

The complete fundament on which the Euro once was claimed to have been founded on, now is officially buried.

Its state-wanted money devaluation at its maximum. Debts will become the new bartering currency. Payment will become a word rendered meaningless.

Not that anything of this is surprising, it was perfectly forseeable. I just hate to be right.

There are no more escape hatches left, except gold. I wonder when they prohibit private owning of it again.

Be advised that the cash you hold, at just any moment can be declared invalid now. This month. Next year, in five years, or 8 years and 4 months and 2 weeks and 6 days. Anytime.

States that reserve a minting monople for themselves, should immediately be declared war on by the population, and brought down. Else they bring the people down: every damn single time, with not one known historical exception so far.
Old 04-23-20, 05:59 PM   #3123
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...-Magagnoli.pdf

Response to Magagnoli, MedRxiv, 2020
Matthieu MILLION1,2, Yanis ROUSSEL1,2, Didier RAOULT1
IHU-Méditerranée Infection, Marseille, France
Aix Marseille Univ, IRD, AP-HM, MEPHI, Marseille, France

In the current period, it seems that passion dominates rigorous and balanced scientific analysis and may lead to scientific misconduct. The article by Magagnoli et al. (Magagnoli, 2020) is an absolutely spectacular example of this. Indeed, in this work, it is concluded, in the end, that hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) would double the mortality in patients with COVID with a fatality rate of 28% (versus 11% in the NoHCQ group), which is extraordinarily hard to believe. The analysis of the data shows two major biases, which show a welling to be convinced before starting the work.

The first is that lymphopenia is twice as common in the HCQ groups (25% in the HCQ, 31% in the HCQ+AZ group versus 14% in the no HCQ group, p =.02) and there is an absolute correlation between lymphopenia(<0.5G/L) and fatality rate, which is well known (Tan, 2020) and confirmed here : 28% deaths, 22%and 11% in the HCQ, HCQ+AZ and No HCQgroup, respectively. Lymphopenia is the most obvious criterion of patient severity (in our cohort, lymphocytes in dead individuals(n=22, mean ± standard deviation, 0.94 ± 0.45), versus in the living (n=2405, 1.79 ± 0.84, p < .0001)). As the authors acknowledge, the severity of the patients in the different groups was very different, and their analysis can only make sense if there is a selection of patients with the same degree of severity, i.e. the same percentage of lymphopenia.

The second major bias is that in an attempt to provide meaningful data, by eliminating the initial severity at the time of treatment, two tables are shown: one table where drugs are prescribed before intubation, and which shows no significant difference in the 3 different groups (9/90 (10%) in the HCQ group, 11/101 (10. 9%) HCQ+AZ, and 15/177 (8.5%) in the group without HCQ, chi-square = 0.47, ddl = 2, p = 0.79), and one table, where it is not clear when the drugs were prescribed, where there are significant differences. These differences are most likely related to the fact that the patients had been intubated for some before receiving hydroxychloroquine in desperation. It is notable that this is unreasonable at the time of the cytokine storm, as it is unlikely that hydrochloroquine alone would be able to control patients at this stage of the disease.

Moreover, incomprehensibly, the untreatedgroup actually received azithromycin in 30% of cases, without this group being analyzedin any distinct way. Azithromycin is also a proposed treatment for COVID(Gautret, 2020)with in vitroefficacy (Andreani, 2020), and to mix it with patients who are supposedly untreated is something that is closer to scientific fraud than reasonable analysis.

Altogether these 3 voluntary biases are all pushing to the idea of dangerosity of hydroxychloroquine safest drug as reported on nearly 1 million people (Lane, 2020).

All in all, this is a work that shows that, in this period, it is possible to propose things that do not stand up to any methodological analysis to try to demonstrate that one is right.

Fixed it so it is readable and highlighted a couple good parts.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 06:03 PM   #3124
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I just hate to be right.
No you don't!
You love bringing it up when you are right.
You show narcissistic traits quite often.
Me? I do try hard to show developmental disabilities.
I am a low level sufferer of Autism.
My Son is also the same with some symptoms above mine.

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 04-23-20 at 06:14 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 06:53 PM   #3125
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I am a low level sufferer of Autism.
My Son is also the same with some symptoms above mine.
Likewise, both my son and daughter have the same sort of issues!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 07:15 PM   #3126
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Well I'm a VERY low level.
I function well aside from not being very out going.
I am kind of idiot savant on Hex editing.
My Son has a very successful business and functions very well.
But I see him do things like tap his fork 3 times before he eats.
Like me? He divides his plate which I never knew was a sign of being
"Just a bit different"
I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to equipment in the business.
At 62 years old? I can recall places we have done work for the last 15 years.
I can hear a name of a Town I have been in and tell you things as if I was there yesterday.

Would you like me to tell you about Neal's home in PearLand from back in 2005?
Old 04-23-20, 07:34 PM   #3127
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 07:37 PM   #3128
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Sky has been around a lot longer than I have and he has some good thoughts about how to survive a complete shut down and how to keep your information private and how to ride a bicycle and take photos at the same time and many other good things.

It's just these quirky thoughts he has about President Trump that I find offensive, but hey I vote we keep him as a member , okay?

Now about our children with problems ... my son too writes his letters backwards, but yet he has perfect vision ... go figure.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 07:49 PM   #3129
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

I do like to read what Skybird posts.
Think I've said that before more than once.
I also enjoy poking a bit of fun at him or pointing out some things that just touch me wrong.
Now if it touches me wrong? That don't make me right!
At times I have to remember english is not his native tongue.
I had that problem with Anvart until I took the time to understand him.
Being Skybird was in the field of messing with peoples minds?
I figure he has me pegged but is polite enough not to point it out.
Old 04-23-20, 07:58 PM   #3130
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Now about our children with problems ... my son too writes his letters backwards, but yet he has perfect vision ... go figure.
That may be a form of dyslexia.
Now here's what blows people away!
I can read upside down text, backwards written text, mirrored text, or reversed text, just as if it was a standard written text.
Test your self once. Are you normal? Or special?
Old 04-23-20, 08:10 PM   #3131
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Now let us go out to realm of Buggy Buggy.
What IF this virus is aimed at traits encoded into our DNA?
Say you can read upside down and don't get the virus?
Can you read at all? Could be a factor.
Old 04-23-20, 10:11 PM   #3132
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
I can read upside down text, backwards written text, mirrored text, or reversed text, just as if it was a standard written text.

Good grief Jeff you must be from Mars or something

I don't know anyone that can do that

Define normal?

Meanwhile I think Covid-19 is going to hide somewhere and then bite us in the butt by Thanksgiving/Christmas

TP for Christmas presents
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 02:49 AM   #3133
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
That may be a form of dyslexia.

I'm dyslexic myself and have the same reading ability you describe; I discovered the ability early on in Catholic school when I was called into the Principal?Mother Superior's office for some transgression or other; just after I sat down in the seat in front of the desk, she got a phone call, and while she was talking, I noticed a paper on her desk I presumed to be about me and I wanted to know what it said; to my surprise, I found it very easy to read; I kept the ability a secret since I felt it offered me some small advantage, and I did use it many times in my working life; I also found I could easily write block print letters and numbers (never was able to do the same with script) upside down and backwards with ease...

The news today in Los Angeles is the toal number of Covid-19 deaths now exceed the total of deaths attributed to flu, heart diseases, and lung diseases combined...

...but, hey, its just a flu...

On a more encouraging note, the Jet Porpulsion Lab at CalTech in Pasadena, just adjacent to LA, has been working on a new ventilator design for use specifically for Covid-19 cases, but also usable in other cases:

NASA Develops COVID-19 Prototype Ventilator in 37 Days --

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=7646

According to TV news reports here in LA, JPL built the device with only 80 parts, a fraction of the number of current devices, used parts mainly able to be found in existing supply chains, and at a cost one-tenth that of existing devices...

The video below is part of the raw footage from which the YT video in the article was derived and shows a bit more of the design process:

You put talented, knowledgeable, qualified, creative people to work on a specific problem and you more often than not get solid results...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 04-24-20 at 05:00 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 04:31 AM   #3134
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Verfluchter scheißdämlicher Trottel.

Is there a law in the US that rules how dumb and stupid you at least have to be in order to qualify for the job of POTUS?

If they ever make an autopsy after he became dead, I mean deader than he already is, and if they open his skull, they probably only find rotting mildew.

I start to think of David Niven and the Pink Panther movies.

"I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what." Right there, buddy, the cream always belongs on top .
Old 04-24-20, 04:58 AM   #3135
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

As I've said before, I have full and complete confidence he will say or do something between now and the Election that will tank his reelection bid...

Aside from the should be obvious consequences of using caustic/toxic disinfectant chemicals internally, his other suggestion of somehow using ultra-violet (UV) light internally is equally as deranged; I do recall having read over the years that among the many possible ill-effects of UV, one was the suppression of the immunize system when UV is used to treat internal organs; I recall the question came up when it was suggested UV could be used to destroy cancer cells in the body which might sound, on its face, reasonable to some extent, the fact UV is sometimes the cause of some cancers (e.g., skin cancer), it, like many other proposed topical internal 'cures', may actually damage or destroy healthy cells and/or tissues; and the suppression of the body's immune system by UV would render a patient less able to use its own defenses to aid in fighting off the malignancy...

The really big fear I have is some of his lemming supporters may actually try to inject themselves with or ingest disinfectants based on his deranged musings and declarations; he's already got the blood of one of his followers on his hands...

...and, no ,there is no law or requirement(s) on the books pertaining to the sanity or intelligence of someone seeking the office of POTUS: as we are seeing, any idiot stupid fool can one day become POTUS...

Trust doctors, not politicians, about your medicine and health...

<O>

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan