Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-20, 04:44 PM   #4621
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5
Icon9 Sad news

A close friend of mine who I just visited on Friday and Saturday to play Call of Duty with him and swim in the pool he has, is now displaying symptoms of Coronavirus. He texted me earlier in the afternoon telling me about it. My dad sent a text to his dad and all I know is that he is sick and is displaying all symptoms except vomitting.

I am possibly infected with Coronavirus.

Whats even worse is that we had a family night on Friday and I came home and possibly infected my entire moms side of the family.

I am hoping that he just has a really bad case of strep throat or something else because I will not be happy starting my first few weeks of school quarantined in my room, or wherever I am quarantined at.

I will keep you guys updated if you are interested.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 05:09 PM   #4622
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

^ Can't remember how long it takes from a person gets infected and start to infect others. Something with 36 or 48 hours-could be less.

And the symptoms will start to show between day 3 and day 14 after.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 06:35 PM   #4623
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
A close friend of mine who I just visited on Friday and Saturday to play Call of Duty with him and swim in the pool he has, is now displaying symptoms of Coronavirus. He texted me earlier in the afternoon telling me about it. My dad sent a text to his dad and all I know is that he is sick and is displaying all symptoms except vomitting.

Whats even worse is that we had a family night on Friday and I came home and possibly infected my entire moms side of the family.

I am hoping that he just has a really bad case of strep throat or something else because I will not be happy starting my first few weeks of school quarantined in my room, or wherever I am quarantined at.

I hope you know that you and all your familiy members attending that family meeting must keep self-isolation until the thing got cleared either way...?! Do not wait with that for a positive or negative diagnoisis, but do it know. And end it once you get then negatively diagnosed. Suspicion of infection counts as infection until proven otherwise.

Wish you the best.
Old 08-12-20, 03:26 AM   #4624
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post

Just goes to show how insidious and random Covid-19 really is; one never really knows from whence may come a source of infection...

I really do hope it all works out well for you and that you are one of the luck ones to be not affected by the virus. Take care of yourself and be careful of the family around you and of the others also surrounding you; also, be sure to take prompt action if anything, no matter how seemingly trivial, seems out of the norm and seek medical advice immediately; sometimes there is significance in the insignificant...

Be careful, take care, and I hope for your good health...

<O>
Old 08-12-20, 03:41 AM   #4625
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Russia claims to have a vaccine ready. Putin said a first vaccination campaign in high risk populations like teachers, hospital staff and the likes, shall start in early Octobre.

The WHO as always has nothing but hesitation and concerns, warning of that it is none of its own vaccine candidates. But Russia insists they did phase III trials. Putin said he let one if his daughters get vaccinated already. He also said the vaccination provides lasting immunization.

The latter remains to be seen. But it would be an embrassment for the WHO and the other research projects, if the Russians do not just claim some propaganda, but are telling the truth.

Thats the problem with the WHO. They have done so much nonsense and have claimed so much useless staff and wasted so much time that by now nobody serious believes them anything anymore and they have no authority left that gives their warnings any weight.

We will need to wait and see what happens in Russia. If the Russian claims are true, we will see it. If they are wrong, we will see that as well. Both is just a question of time. I form no opinion of it right now, but delay that to a later time.

When I heard the new reports about Putin's vaccine announcement, I had a bit of Cold War deja vu. It hearkened me back to the days when the old Soviet Union made routine announcements, some of them outlandish on their face, of some sort of USSR accomplishment; given that Putin is former Soviet top rank KGB, the thought does come to mind this may be a remnant of his former livelihood; it is down to "I'll believe it when I see it"...

The timing is interesting also: Vlad's buttboy Trump is in a very deep pickle and needs RUS help again if he's gonna repeat; could the US expect a generous donation by Putin of said alleged vaccine to the US via Trump before the November Election as a means of trying to plug the breaches in the SS Trumptanic?...

Giong back to the Cols War reference, I am reminded of an old joke I heard way back in the 60s; it may have been either Bob Hope, Red Skelton, or Johnny Carson; memory does not serve:

"Its funny nowadays when anything new come around: the US invents it, the Russians claim they invented it first, and the Japanese make it smaller and cheaper..."...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 08-12-20 at 04:39 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 04:14 AM   #4626
Skybird
Soaring

^It certainly comes at an opportune point of time for Putin, with his popularity having delcined and Covid cases soaring.

The drug is called Sputnik-5, if I am not mistaken, btw.
Old 08-12-20, 04:15 AM   #4627
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Regarding Russia's vaccine it seems to have had a shortened test period, so while it is good to hear and may help i'd better wait a bit.

It is all about nationalism, about looking like being the first and the best, "mastering" a crisis, having the "best" form of government. Not about a real working vaccine and general aid. Even Bojo and this sht head Cummings.. but i digress.

Potentates everywhere are letting their people die because of their incompetence and sheer stupidity.
When i look at XiPing, Lukashenko, Putin and certain others i wonder why there can't be accidents relieving the world of egomani(a)c potentates. I mean they kill inconvenient people declaring them enemies of their states, including innocent people via "collateral damage"and even do so outside their own country. Maybe time to answer this, internationally.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 05:40 AM   #4628
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Just goes to show how insidious and random Covid-19 really is; one never really knows from whence may come a source of infection...

I really do hope it all works out well for you and that you are one of the luck ones to be not affected by the virus. Take care of yourself and be careful of the family around you and of the others also surrounding you; also, be sure to take prompt action if anything, no matter how seemingly trivial, seems out of the norm and seek medical advice immediately; sometimes there is significance in the insignificant...

Be careful, take care, and I hope for your good health...

<O>
I'll second that.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 06:09 AM   #4629
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK has officially fallen into recession for the first time in 11 years due to the impact of the pandemic. The 20.4% fall in the second quarter is the largest reported by any major economy so far. Chancellor Rishi Sunak warns of a further wave of job losses, saying "hard times are here"

Fast rising case numbers are worrying governments in western Europe, who are warning people to take more precautions.

France is reporting 2,000 new cases per day compared to 1,000 three weeks ago, the prime minister says.

Spain, meanwhile, is in a "critical situation", with the worst infection rate in Europe, experts say.

Russia's approval of an "effective" Covid-19 vaccine is met with scepticism internationally.

Old 08-12-20, 10:56 AM   #4630
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Potentates everywhere are letting their people die because of their incompetence and sheer stupidity.
When i look at XiPing, Lukashenko, Putin and certain others i wonder why there can't be accidents relieving the world of egomani(a)c potentates. I mean they kill inconvenient people declaring them enemies of their states, including innocent people via "collateral damage"and even do so outside their own country. Maybe time to answer this, internationally.

So you would like to see some kind of secret international vigilante organization that goes around assassinating national leaders? IIRC Skybird has also also advocated something like this, even extending it to their families.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 11:30 AM   #4631
Catfish

If the head (or arse) of a state evidently kills people at home and abroad, i guess some international court articulating some response would be a good idea.

Old 08-12-20, 11:47 AM   #4632
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If the head (or arse) of a state evidently kills people at home and abroad, i guess some international court articulating some response would be a good idea.

That's called a UN resolution of condemnation. If you're looking for something more substantial then expect the nations involved not to just go along with your world government control schemes.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 12:57 PM   #4633
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-12-20, 01:42 PM   #4634
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That's called a UN resolution of condemnation. If you're looking for something more substantial then expect the nations involved not to just go along with your world government control schemes.
Well i guess Xi Jinping, Kim, Assad and some ordinary mass murderers will never agree to be judged (especially by foreigners), but seriously i would not care too much as long as their appropriate population will be able to survive and prosper instead of starving or getting slaughtered.

Old 08-12-20, 02:09 PM   #4635
Skybird
Soaring

My name is trouble, my first name is mess...

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....03.20167395v1

Quote:
There currently is substantial controversy about the role played by SARS-CoV-2 in aerosols in disease transmission, due in part to detections of viral RNA but failures to isolate viable virus from clinically generated aerosols. Methods - Air samples were collected in the room of two COVID-19 patients, one of whom had an active respiratory infection with a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab positive for SARS-CoV-2 by RT-qPCR. By using VIVAS air samplers that operate on a gentle water-vapor condensation principle, material was collected from room air and subjected to RT-qPCR and virus culture. The genomes of the SARS-CoV-2 collected from the air and of virus isolated in cell culture from air sampling and from a NP swab from a newly admitted patient in the room were sequenced. Findings - Viable virus was isolated from air samples collected 2 to 4.8m away from the patients. The genome sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 strain isolated from the material collected by the air samplers was identical to that isolated from the NP swab from the patient with an active infection. Estimates of viable viral concentrations ranged from 6 to 74 TCID50 units/L of air. Interpretation - Patients with respiratory manifestations of COVID-19 produce aerosols in the absence of aerosol-generating procedures that contain viable SARS-CoV-2, and these aerosols may serve as a source of transmission of the virus.

As Martin Shaw said in Jaws: "We need a bigger mask." Cotton household masks obviously don't cut it.

Heck, I, a medical layman with not more than some general edcuation in popular science, say that since February: wear FFP masks. In case of inner rooms with many people breathing out: FFP3 masks.The filter a bit more than FFP2.
And yes, I know its hell to wear them at 33°C in summer.

If ypou stay inside for logner time with many people; consider to seal your eyes. Plastic face shields are a bad joke. Even worse are thzese stupid things where somebody wears just a tiny plastic plate 2 cm below nose, mounted on some frame, and not covering neither nose nor mouth. Pure alibi, zero functionality.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan